Bill and Jason's Excellent UK Adventure - 2015

rapidotrains

Edit: Here are all five blog posts:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/104698-bill-and-jasons-excellent-uk-adventure-2015/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2097465

Hi all,

Well we're at it again.

Bill and I are leaving for the UK on 18 November so we can get to Warley.

Our mission this year: to go from London to Birmingham... via Wick.

Yes, it will take us eight days to travel a whopping 120 miles.

I will be posting regular updates to this thread while we are travelling. Hopefully we can meet some of you in person on our journey. The grand finale is, of course, the Warley show at the NEC on 28-29 November. We have at least one and possibly two new products to show you in OO, along with the latest samples of our Revolution Trains N gauge models and the APT-E, which has finally started production!

Stay tuned for more updates. This promises to be very silly... :)

Best regards,

Jason

post-20909-0-77138800-1446683097_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I see you're hoping for some Class 37 diesel action around the Cumbrian coast!

Either that or researching some northern based DMU's.......................................

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Pity not to fit in somehow to do Mallaig to Skye on the ferry and back via Kyle of Lochalsh

That was my thought as well!  I would much rather do that than trek across from Inverness. You can take the bus to/from Kyle of Lochalsh to Armadale (for the Mallaig ferry), unfortunately during the winter months there appear to be no direct buses so you have to go via Broadford and change.

The alternative would be to get a taxi which shouldn't be too expensive (from Armadale http://www.nicolsonhire.co.uk/contact.htmor from Kyle: http://www.lochalsh.net/taxi/)

Cheers, Mike

Indeed our options are limited for travel in November. As well, a lot of services in northern Scotland appear to be cancelled the weekend we are there. I imagine this is due to engineering works.

We intend be unconscious for our journey north hence the WCML in both directions. 

The APT-E is expected to arrive in the UK in February, so we could bring you one in November but it would be an unpainted, unassembled plastic shell!

-Jason

Indeed our options are limited for travel in November. As well, a lot of services in northern Scotland appear to be cancelled the weekend we are there. I imagine this is due to engineering works.

We intend be unconscious for our journey north hence the WCML in both directions. 

The APT-E is expected to arrive in the UK in February, so we could bring you one in November but it would be an unpainted, unassembled plastic shell!

-Jason

How can you do most of Scotland and miss the Forth Bridge?

If they do that OO gauge, I,ll build a pond layout! At 34 metres long, it will just about go into the garden.

It will go nicely with the HO scale CN Tower I am building in my basement. Unfortunately my wife is not happy with it ploughing through both the kitchen and our master bedroom. I can't think why.

-Jason

It will go nicely with the HO scale CN Tower I am building in my basement. Unfortunately my wife is not happy with it ploughing through both the kitchen and our master bedroom. I can't think why.

-Jason

Neither can I. What could be nicer than waking up in the morning seeing your breakfast come along the Forth Bridge in your bedroom?

• RMweb Premium

-Jason

I'm not certain that my wife would put up with things ploughing through our bedroom either................................

Cheers,

Mick

-Jason

Like this ?

640x380_cropped

Na, I think you would then have every railfan in TO knowing _exactly_ which house you live in !.  (although "only" 20' tall or so...like the Lego model was)

James

Archived