Northroader

@Northroader

Your work of removing the handrails is very good! This tank will be very nice!

@F-UnitMad

This tiny switcher is a very nice. I've seen it on Facebook.

It can be a narrow gauge engine too. I'll be happy to have one for the standard gauge layout to serve the grain elevator.

Edited by JAMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/04/2023 at 15:52, jasond said:

If it's any help everything ... EVERYTHING in life can be organised into 3 piles (well, for me anyway): keep, decide and dispose.  That middle pile is so big I can't see all that's in it.  It'll get sorted ... starting tomorrow.

I spliced two 4-wheel cabooses together for an SP-following pal many years ago, still got the underframe bits ... oh, and the other stuff that fits in the biscuit tins ... spare cupola, Atlas/Roco F9 cab and a bit, just needs a pow'd 'truck'.  But back to things that could be foreshortened:

41f25b591294372abcd44c99f885bc86.jpg

Is that caboose held together with steel banding?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

So, here we are, six months on from my op, and what is there to show for it? Not a lot, I’m afraid, as everything modelling wise got packed up and forwarded. The sum total is these two 28’ tank car bodies, which are now shorn of the moulded handrails, with holes drilled for new handrails, and painted a scruffy black, ready for relettering. Then cobble up new under frames, recycled bogies and couplers await at Cheltenham. With luck things should happen the end of this month, and then I’ll have to pull my finger out, modelling wise.

IMG_0270.jpeg.b3bd7b4a49f9aadac5ceef788513fc95.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, the move to Cheltenham has gone OK, and I’m reunited with the models I sent on in advance. One job which needed doing was trying to replace some of the pictures lost in the Great Picture Crash, as a lot of the goings on lose any meaning without backup illustrations (if it all had any meaning to start with, you’ll say)  I’ve concentrated on the more recent stuff, where the plague of the shortys struck the thread, as a lot of the previous items are no longer with me. As a result the Grand Easter Parade (p.16) is back, and various train makeups for different roads, which should prove most useful for future operations.

These will centre on the board I showed a few posts back, some time ago I was looking at a one board fits all policy, and this is now become essential in the space available.  So a single track layout for 0 gauge items, with buildings and scenery able to swap round, running American, British, and Continental items as required.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 1 month later...

Most of the Regulars on this Thread will have already seen this photo on my layout thread, as they're Regulars there, too... however in the spirit of providing inspiration and support to fellow modellers of the Dark Side, I'll just leave my "in progress" Shorty project here...

20231031_213655.jpg.4cb6959cd92fcc13d469db55b80646e9.jpg

American loco & caboose, and only 4 axles in total..?? Must be some mistake... 🤣👍

Edited by F-UnitMad
Spelling!!
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, there’s two tankcars having their undercarts renewed in plywood (what!!???) and there’s a layout going forward to run American trains on bullhead rail (gasp! Shock!! Horror!!!) so this year I’d best confine my Christmas greetings to a nice sunny picture, (well, it’s the coast in California) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!! God Bless Us, Everyone.

IMG_0390.jpeg.2ca4abaccbe705cfe00a3c70269b2f0f.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1