Northroader

• RMweb Premium

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/151902-where-has-everyone-gone/&tab=comments#comment-3849561

Well, the professor says it’s alright, so get the hacksaw out! (Mind, looking at the picture, I’ll have to revisit that letter-board) An Atlas 28foot stockcar.

IMG_0308.jpeg.072cb35f7194616f3b9f11be8b5321ae.jpeg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

And now, Mesdames et Messieurs, Englefield House of Fashion, the leading centre for Haute Couture, welcomes you to the show you’ve been eagerly awaiting, the Grand Easter Parade. Please take your specially reserved front row seats to see this seasons exciting palette of colours.

First, to transform the drab olive look, sooo “twenty tens”,  our atelier has given a happy making transformation of our model to a far more zeitgeist yellow, paired subtly with grey and set off with a chichi red ribbon band.

IMG_0306.jpeg.04b72db00d934d532e23f768383e8f1f.jpeg

Next, tick all the boxes with this glorious combination of vivid orange and warm green, nothing more unboundaried to improve your mood. Love that cheeky little goat!

IMG_0316.jpeg.739ceba8a15d8ee44c97a13c03de4a6b.jpeg

Then to a legend for a reason, the little black number which always serves you sooo well. This classic style needs some je ne sais quoi, a dashing dawn grey lightning stripe set off with white pinstripes. Don’t you just love the glorious dazzle apron revealed as the model turns?IMG_0311.jpeg.2c202356b7a24ff30987c1b70face79c.jpeg

Please enjoy your champagne and slim line canapés, and on the way out collect our lavish brochure, “Beeps and Shortys “, to take home and amaze your friends.

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Dear M'sewer le Frog, Englefield House of Fashion,

As the leading centre of Naughty Culture, your recent Paradè a-la Beeps was most enjoyable.

As per your promotional Brochure, when can we expect to be invited to the Paradè

Concours d'la Shortys.?

Messy Bucket

Les Ros-Beefs, renowned manglers of the French language.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Mercky, mon Cher Jourdain, it ees sumzing we are Works on, and for now ze paysants must eat hot cross buns, nest se pas? Harpy Pacques to you all. 

Routier du Nord.

(apologies in advance to Jacky!)

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 09/04/2020 at 20:34, Northroader said:

Mercky, mon Cher Jourdain, it ees sumzing we are Works on, and for now ze paysants must eat hot cross buns, nest se pas? Harpy Pacques to you all. 

Routier du Nord.

(apologies in advance to Jacky!)

I find Zis Zery good and Ze way oV writing is funny!  :D

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry, it’s been quiet on this thread for far too long, I haven’t fallen down the plug hole, it’s just that I’ve been busy on modelling bits covered by some of my other threads. Anyhow, here’s a job on the shorty front, getting two 28’ gons from a 50’ Atlas gondola. After all, who wants freight cars fifty foot long?

All you do is separate the body from the underframe and cut, as exactly as you can, square across the middle of both pieces. Then take half a top, half a bottom, turn one round so that it’s facing the other way, and cement them back together, but with the truck bolster on the underframe lining up with the cut middle stanchion on the body. Then a new bolster for the other end is made up from plastikard.  Fortunately, I have a few spare Atlas trucks form earlier conversions, so these made up the shortfall. Then I filled the gap in the body at the open end with new sides, and a new end which I trimmed off a spare resin casting of a boxcar dreadnought end I had made some time ago. Filler and detail such as short ladders, and repeat for the other two halves. 

Looking at photos of gondolas (try http://www.rr-fallenflags.org) the thing that strikes you is the very beaten up appearance they have, definitely they’re the ones in the freight fleet that get the roughest usage, so I’ve tried to reflect this with the paint jobs. I need to make up some loads for them too.

IMG_0319.jpeg.03599516a59f096d7b4464a4b993e5b7.jpegIMG_0312.jpeg.9c0813b88d748f0cf0d28a1e8ab75994.jpeg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

938CB445-A8AF-4144-A543-AA2AC8D2ECB5.jpeg.5f09d7dc2218fc4e3b4fb8e8a003b799.jpeg

Wiltshire Constabulary have today issued a warning to all diesels. DO NOT STRAY DOWN DARK DESERTED ALLEYWAYS IN NORTH WILTSHIRE. A police spokesman said “We have reason to believe a crazed plastic surgeon is at large. The fact that the C-liner involved was painted in warbonnet livery is no justification at all for what has happened.”

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

Well that's different, although I can't help thinking this fad for Shorty Things might be getting a touch out of hand!! :O  I'm glad it wasn't an F-Unit, but it might even be seen as an improvement to a C-Liner... :jester:

You missed a trick though - should've waited until it was done before posting it up on here - and see how long it would be before people noticed!! :mosking:

• Agree 1

COMING NEXT WEEK....... Don't miss it....!!!

Mr N. Roader takes three standard RMT Beeps...

rmt-aristocraft-gauge-beep-mini-santa_1_c545cae663f537b18336d93c247e5797.jpg.49230dfca67b44dd1db81b620e466ce5.jpg

cpr0504_20.jpg.3d904504ca1e63e0dac6b7bf72471d8a.jpg

ready-made-toys-rmt-union-pacific_1_f1ff1dfafa295311fd08ad6f6a035c97.jpg.b47865d2b9c242a1d39bd5824511c284.jpg

.....and in a reversal of his usual procedure, cut'n'shuts them all together to make a normal-sized locomotive, for the little-known "Santa Milwaukee Pacific Railroad". :yes: :good:

"A bit of weathering will hide the joins" said Mr Roader. :jester:

Sprinting for exit......... :mosking:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

Gosh, all this above reminds me of when I first got going in US HO.....Athearn  SW1500, aka, SW7 or 9..in SP grey....such a wonderful runner [compared with what I was used to?]  back in the early 1980s...

Now in BN black & green,...for some reason? Maybe something to do with acquiring some BN green US paint, and a Microscale decal set? Too good to just sit in a drawer?

Then there was the MDC gon..or rather, two of them, to make a Beth Steel mill gon, with baulks and securing points..Very long, but there was an article in, I think MR[?] about making one? That coincided with a bottle of US made orange, but no decals were available at the time, so a rotring pen, magnifying glass, and a steadier hand than I have nowadays, got it lettered.   A bit too long for most modest shelf layouts....

Now, look at what we've got?  Amazing!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Christmas is fast approaching, so I must thank all lurkers, reaction givers, and posters for following this thread, and giving vent to their feelings, and give them heartfelt wishes for a Happy Christmas, and hope that next year is good to all of us. May Santa leave a nice sharp little hacksaw in the bottom of your Xmas stocking.

5BD78039-46BD-4360-8715-8D6515F4D656.jpeg.961512682df1177fb869afd898a2ae91.jpeg

• Like 6