'Cambrian Street'

BobM

Hi All.....

Have nipped out the corner of the bridge parapet to make it fit into the column top..which can be filled to neaten....will repeat with other side....will continue to check as I go along but seems to fit and looks reasonable...?

104_1470.JPG.df5c9535b95bd472f79ee8dfe44a94e3.JPG

Regards always.....

Bob

• Like 5

Evening Guys......

Offering up a thought for comment before proceeding......

With regard to the Llangeitho Road bridge building currently underway I have fashioned up the for bridge parapets....the assembly of which has not been as straightforward as I had anticipated, but I am happy with them an with a bit of 'filling' in the gaps it'll be fine enough.......

I have had a thought that the bridge may look more aesthetically pleasing if the approach to the bridge used and arched retaining wall.....such as this...?

104_1488a.jpg.a5c22ff9590ecec85dda0790b5afa8bc.jpg

Any good...?

Regards always.......

Bob

Evening guys....

Hope that everyone's weekend has gone well and the weather wasn't too disturbed....?

Been a busy day today at Arley, not only preparing the station for the return of passengers / trains next Saturday 16th February.....with the return of 75069 to traffic,,,but much activity splitting logs too...only wish all this heavy work would make me like Charles Atlas...some hope...!

Any way....not work on Cambrian Street this evening.....but here are few images of the bridge parapets in situ, albeit just to see what it looks like...!

104_1504.JPG.a9f815a33d99a9fbad1b28eee495d76d.JPG104_1497.JPG.ef1accc6280ef1c7476d6bc3948c579a.JPG104_1500.JPG.365593d810de9daa81509ebd447372d9.JPG

Regards always....Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 5

Evening Guys.....

Have been a bit 'distracted' lately by the effects of life's twists and turns, so 'work' on Cambrian Street has had to slow somewhat recently........will be posting soon when 'things' get back to normal.....

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, BobM said:

Evening Guys.....

Have been a bit 'distracted' lately by the effects of life's twists and turns, so 'work' on Cambrian Street has had to slow somewhat recently........will be posting soon when 'things' get back to normal.....

Regards always....

Bob

Wondered where you'd gone Bob.

Hope all is O.K.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Andrew P said:

Wondered where you'd gone Bob.

Hope all is O.K.

Hi Andy......Yes I am okay......( a complicated story) but my late brothers wife passed away recently, and although not had contact with her for a while, this has come as a complete jolt.....otherwise fine thank you

One or two other minor things just seem to have compounded everything into 'one of those' weeks......!

Regards always....

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 7

Hi...

Just to prove that ballast is never pristine,,,far from it,,,,!

Who would have thought ballast would be  blue/white...!

104_1525.JPG.431f20ce2d09847ac179a88f4c330b81.JPG

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 7

On 16/02/2019 at 23:30, lezz01 said:

Love the bridge Bob. Skytrex is it?

Regards Lez.

Hi.....

Yes......It is from there range of products, which continues to develop and cater for many aspects of modelling.....a nice group of folks to meet at shows too...

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So how's it going Bob? I've been fencing, the wooden kind not the sport, so I'm totally knackered. Looks good though but it still didn't stop the kitten getting out and I had to go round and make it totally kitten proof, well until he learns about UP anyway. One of the other things he learnt about today was how the cat flap works..............:unsure: so he has had to have a magnet added to his collar and that's stopped his bell working so he's not only learnt about cat flap but has enabled stealth mode as well.............................what could possibles go wrong:wacko:

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Guys....

Sorry for the break..... ' life matters' (sister in laws funeral ,coming own with 'man-flu too combined with having a few days break) have conspired to curtail available time on Cambrian Street but have one a half hour this evening.....filling in the slight join gaps and then forming the cross girder length......just a few (poor) images here to show the bridge looks at the moment,,,,,,,,,,,.

104_1668.JPG.819fe93bb1df3926ce367b21c8e48782.JPG 104_1667.JPG.243dbdf831bc52b2be9fc76851e23137.JPG 104_1663.JPG.9264121ca890f99d8f829470eacca7c9.JPG

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 4

Looking good Bob, can you tell me what filler you use please? 

Layout is coming on a treat. I have followed your progress in the background but things are really starting to come together and it's looking great! 

Kind regards, 

John 

Edited by 380John
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 21/02/2019 at 23:40, lezz01 said:

So how's it going Bob? I've been fencing, the wooden kind not the sport, so I'm totally knackered. Looks good though but it still didn't stop the kitten getting out and I had to go round and make it totally kitten proof, well until he learns about UP anyway. One of the other things he learnt about today was how the cat flap works..............:unsure: so he has had to have a magnet added to his collar and that's stopped his bell working so he's not only learnt about cat flap but has enabled stealth mode as well.............................what could possibles go wrong:wacko:

Regards Lez.

Hi Lez,

Sounds an interesting and intelligent chap your cat, bet he's a character....?

Now he's rigged for 'silent running' too.....he's going to be a handful.!

All reasonable here thank you......a bit of a rough patch which has perhaps 'lowered' my resistance, hence the 'man flu' ...!

Hope to speed up work on Cambrian Street ( when fitter).....I can see a busy spring developing at the nursery if this weather holds.....about time I retired,,

Regards always,,,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Great to see you back Bob, many of us were getting worried about you mate.

Hi....

Thanks Andy......

'Things' have been a bit unsettling lately with one thing and another.....but hey that's life eh...?

Cheers

Bob

15 minutes ago, 380John said:

Looking good Bob, can you tell me what filler you use please? 

Layout is coming on a treat. I have followed your progress in the background but things are really starting to come together and it's looking great! 

Kind regards, 

John 

Hi John.....

Thanks for the kind comments..... Cambrian Street is a return to modelling for me and is a steep learning curve, which I am enjoying immensely with all the kind input from everyone on here......

The filler I am using is......

71MUPgeu6mL._SX679_.jpg.7ab3f09d134067ec56d6b3946c253b37.jpg First time I have used it.......seems okay and can be used quite moist to push into the joins...says it will set rock hard?

Regards always......

Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobM said:

Hi John.....

Thanks for the kind comments..... Cambrian Street is a return to modelling for me and is a steep learning curve, which I am enjoying immensely with all the kind input from everyone on here......

The filler I am using is......

71MUPgeu6mL._SX679_.jpg.7ab3f09d134067ec56d6b3946c253b37.jpg First time I have used it.......seems okay and can be used quite moist to push into the joins...says it will set rock hard?

Regards always......

Bob

milliput is great .. just stinks :) use a scaple (watch fingers as i have many scares) or bradle to score any brick or stone work lines back in corners etc.. dont worry 100% as dirt hangs there as well :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Guys.......

Have placed the cross girder into position on one side of the Lllangeitho Road bridge.....( a note to self to assemble the bridge parts in a different sequence next time).....but getting there......... hopefully...?

A passenger service would not use this reception line.....empty stock movement yes, but not passenger.....

104_1670.JPG.d0ddb618dc467892f4c2cfbcc822619c.JPG 104_1672.JPG.894126cc27a9fefe8a467918f831dc4d.JPG

Regards always,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi......

Must mention a (slight) divergence to the plans I'd mentioned earlier.......

With everything that has been going on recently...... it has slipped under the radar to decrease the height of the clearance between the track height and girder  as supplied........happy enough with the effect though....

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

looks ok to me..  are you still thinking of fake beams under roadway still :) 

Hi....

Thanks Calvin......

I hope to in some fashion yes.....thought of creating this when the central / (road) section of the bridge is constructed.....

Regards always,,,,,

Bob

• Like 1