'Cambrian Street'

BobM

i would have pub open (but only just ) aka a bit rundown... :) probalbly with a board landlord and only one client :)

i have 3 pubs on my layout  "The smuglers Inn" used by locals only type of pub, "The Railway Tavern" near station with rooms to rent (like a eraly travel lodge, much to "the Coach House" Anoyance) and "The Queen Anne" on the canal wharfe and probably full of workmen only :)  i think they add charictor to each area

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening Guys.......

Just a rough lash up of the intended railway cottages, this time with the idea for a low stone wall, the cottages standing on a balsa wood base,,,

104_1899.JPG.9b403cd00a4aeba03a19cbf4a5ccb602.JPG 104_1898.JPG.73e3a2e3b6a821a8f49e13e4553d9940.JPG  104_1897.JPG.52b8ea8973ff060b1075d5a28ae4fa70.JPG Regards always......Bob

• Like 6

Hi....

The plan is to insert the pub here.....

104_1898a.jpg.cab77c553f5097923eabea5b0e995bec.jpg 44-0201.jpg.0ebb378662f8373537c6f2b15f8d251c.jpg

I am hoping and believe that the roof lines are standard.....

Regards always........Bob

• Like 2

Hi Guys.....

Hope you're all well?

Just to say that according to Bachmann the 'Red Lion' corner pub which I am contemplating to incorporate into the line of (derelict) cottages/ building is due for release on to the scene sometime between July and September this year, and have preordered from Kernow, so will await the delivery of this  to complete the run of the buildings along that section of the layout......

However this is not going to be a restriction of building the display  closer to the Llangeitho Road bridge itself, so will continue with this and complete the run of the building when available, in the meantime it is my intention to have two pubs, within 'staggering' distance of each other, on order hopefully for delivery soon ....the Bachmann 'Waterloo Tavern' now instead of the 'Red Lion' to be located close to the bridge.....a derelict cottage 'turning' into the corner of the bridge...

1777831370_s-l1600(3).jpg.700fc6682142529a302ce98956b0000b.jpg

Will update when 'building work' commences.....

Regards always....

Bob.

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Evening guys...hope all's well...?

Just a quick posting, will update further later with thoughts of next stages on Cambrian Street, in the meantime wanted to post these images of  the first Bachmann pub along 'Railway Terrace', which arrived today..... from Railway Conductor, Upper Stowe, Northamptonshire.......

Looks a fine piece and never thought this would have stained glass windows too....

104_2023.JPG.fd6331940439f7ccb9147fb662bb42b5.JPG  104_2016.JPG.8e81d7d52a9b86e985674d06586be68c.JPG

Will update later (after tea) on ideas for its positioning....

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

Hi..

Ooo that's got nice detail. Dose it light up? As light through stain glass can create a nice look on pavement  :)

Hi.....

I am very impressed with this indeed.....it could I am sure have a wheat germ bulb or something similar to provide an internal light at some stage, whether I'll go to that degree (even if I have the expertise ) I am unsure.....after I've had my tea, I'll post thoughts on where the pub may be situated.

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2

Hi.....

Just a musing here of my thoughts for your comment regarding two scenarios for the pub closest to the Llangeitho Road bridge.......

Firstly the simplest 'deployment' would be just to have it 'end' the line of the derelict cottages, then just fill the gap / side with a piece of board.....

104_2011.JPG.05288bd7ba184886eb284e01a4c4b841.JPG

I have had thoughts to attempt to 'turn the corner' though......whether this works I am unsure, as the pub being low relief obviously doesn't  have 'depth' when I've butted the derelict cottage against it.....as it is not designed to be so.....but of course it could be part of the pub if I adapted the windows...?

104_2008.JPG.40782c2f34bab65fad9790496177e1a4.JPG

Any thoughts...?

Regards 

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks good Bob.

Keep the upstairs windows and hide the doors with Ivy and overgrown plants job done. Or buy another one and chop the door end off and just use the window bit then turn the area next to it into a beer garden.

Regards Lez. 

• Like 1

HI .....

Will post images later....

it had crossed my mind to buy another of the same pub Lez and butt this onto that corner. although never thought of chopping the door off... great suggestion....

Cheers guys....

Bob

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

How much are they Bob.

I could use that myself.

Regards Lez.

Hi

Paid £29.95 plus postage from  Rail Conductor.....

www.therailwayconductor.co.uk 

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Thanks 1

Here two images.....

option 1.....single line with just a scenic board to plug the gap....

104_2033a.jpg.150c20604ee1e7f72707fce1f92ab84f.jpg  

second option,,,,,,,

use a building to make the break

104_2030.JPG.ddb029ce31ae9a5bec7a719c0dccd47c.JPG 

A second pub piece could just do the trick....a try corner pub...?

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

I was wondering if the terace houses could slightly arc around in a simular fasiion to rail line and then using another part of a pub to turn end corner :) ... would be alot of work and faf cutting up 1 oub and end of both terace houses..  mmm

curve.jpg

Hi....

Cheers Calvin....

Interesting concept....it's a small space and cutting / remodelling is an option for sure....

Regards always.....

Bob

• Like 1

Hi,,,,,

With your suggestion in mind Lez for cutting down another pub , and Calvinyour for half a cottage, something akin to this perhaps....

would take some planning (for me) to get it looking right...a low wall to butt to the bridge...?

104_2006aaa.jpg.f628ec8598bcf0b86cbc8e7694fca9a3.jpg

Regards always...

Bob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That'll work mate. But I wouldn't do it with a boarded up door. I would have it as the private entry to the pub Bob. I would also keep it all straight so you don't have to cut angles into the roof or you will end up with some very odd shaped slates.

Regards Lez. 

Edited by lezz01
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

That'll work mate. But I wouldn't do it with a boarded up door. I would have it as the private entry to the pub Bob.

Regards Lez. 

Hi.....

Think I'll plan for something akin to the above....working around the various ideas as well....will see whether there's anything that can be adapted  from the Hornby range too, if the roof angles are compatible....?

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The only thing is you will need to lose the chimney in the corner Bob. It doesn't look right as it would be in the middle of an upstairs room.

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Afternoon  Guys....

Hope that everyone's weekend is going well so far...?

Just a posting to say that I'd attempted to upload a message and photo's last evening, but ran into 'technical difficulties' either on here or my laptop, as the site just seemed to be extremely slow then 'freeze'...so gave up.....will attempt later....

.....but in the meantime, it was only to say that I have purchased a further Bachmann 'pub' which I intend to 'cannibalise' to extend the black and white exterior at a right angle, as per the (photo shopped) image above....

...(potentially loosing the chimney) and see what goes from there...?

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Hi.....

If there's to be a blending of the two Bachmann half pubs......

I am certainly not going to explain this well but here goes...any suggestions gratefully appreciated..... here are my first thoughts...

then this will require some 'redevelopment of the 'left hand' half....the door surround will have to be removed. otherwise they'll be two and the upper floor may have to be cut to allow the window to ease into the wall....

181248123_104_2056(2).JPG.9cb127768a7c015d81e8895cf54d4482.JPG  884184420_104_2055(2)a.jpg.cd07cc6b8239b6be08a6299e9f6e6fb8.jpg     

Much planning required to get it to blend,,,?

Regards always...

Bob

• Like 1