'Cambrian Street'

BobM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys....

I am so sorry for the lack of postings and progress on Cambrian Street lately this has been due to combination of close family (and has to be said personal health) concerns once more...hope to be 'back on track' in the not too distant future.....just feeling exhausted and  'bu**ered' lately!

Regards always...

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Chin up Bob. We're here when you're ready mate. Might I suggest a good quality tonic from your local pharmacy Bob. My boss gave me a bottle when I was recovering from pancreatitis. It definitely helped. Speak to the pharmacist and he will recommend the appropriate jollop for what ails you.    

Regards Lez.

• Friendly/supportive 2

Hello Guys....Hope all are well...?

Had a day off from the usual volunteering at the station today, and decided to head off down to the local model shop in Kidderminster so it was a bus and mainline train hop this morning.....and obtained a few wagons for the yard, further ballast and  a couple of second hand items to adapt.

I have had a thought 'niggling' away in my head (and let's face it , there's plenty of vacuous space in there for it to rattle around in) that the goods yard was a bit 'overwhelmed' by the intended goods shed, so I had been looking for an alternative and have found that the Bachmann Corrugated Shed seems to do the business, requires a bit of weathering but I am happy with this as a substitute shed.....

Intention to place an unloading crane in the gap between the shed and office....

104_5266.JPG.9bccd875cd7e736af27a8a9aa6de4941.JPG 104_5267.JPG.48befa6b12f4e64718646ba1304ccad7.JPG 104_5270.JPG.3aa7353eceaf30416171c30a0769a9ba.JPG 

also I came across this original Bachmann  GWR footbridge, which again is in need of a bit of TLC but looks fine for the time period I am modelling instead of the concrete version, the intention to have this in the same position as before.....there is the possibility too of a further footbridge of similar design to link the central and far platforms together.....?

104_5282.JPG.a1aa27b2afb888da19d2ebd1649aaf3a.JPG 104_5272.JPG.5f0023c839852b678bfda287fb144473.JPG 104_5277.JPG.10e113259546035145d08469ee37d49b.JPG

The idea for a secondary footbridge......?

104_5280.JPG.3270fc507e4dacaa184fd30c4fb595e8.JPG

Comments appreciated,

regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The footbridge looks great Bob. I'm not sure about the goods shed though mate I think the other one looks better. You have quite a large station so I think the bigger one looks more in keeping with it. But hey it's your layout so rule one applies.

Regards Lez. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Cheers Lez,

Thanks as always for the input.....will keep things on the 'backburner'...can see your point...here's the comparison....?

Regards always

Bob

104_1397.JPG.10ed655d0270dfe17059e33f80c95ccf.JPG 104_5265.JPG.b64b3a786d9909610587888aa27ee968.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I have to say that I don't think it looks anything other than great either way Bob. I just feel that the larger shed works better with the station you have. If anything you could have gone with a larger goods warehouse, well one of the smaller ones at least. The smaller one is very atmospheric and looks great. The larger one is more imposing but looks a bit clinical maybe if you weather the larger one some more it would become more atmospheric as well.  

Regards Lez.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Evening Guys.....

Do so much appreciate your comments on everything that I am considering and place before you........

.....here is a further adaptation, using the original idea of the large goods shed, (this one a 'chuck out' and I do have a as yet unmade kit, which I'll do up in western / GWR style).. using the 'internal' unloading platform of the smaller Bachmann externally....?

104_5283.JPG.b24e0fbc287cacfe1b500d0e4bd74950.JPG  104_5290.JPG.e3e6782e0672554aa227db38f9deb1b8.JPG

the larger shed does perhaps suit the station environment I've created, the smaller corrugated one for a country station?

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

If anything Bob I would build a two bay goods shed instead of the single bay one you have there. It would look the mutts nutz mate and would not be out of place at all.

Regards Lez. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

I have to say that I don't think it looks anything other than great either way Bob. I just feel that the larger shed works better with the station you have. If anything you could have gone with a larger goods warehouse, well one of the smaller ones at least. The smaller one is very atmospheric and looks great. The larger one is more imposing but looks a bit clinical maybe if you weather the larger one some more it would become more atmospheric as well.  

Regards Lez.

Hello....

Could the two kits I have be adapted, to create such....?

As an aside, I see that Oxford is to release a goods shed soon?

OS76R003.jpg.b00d5d0c3fce2e993bf147f949479a71.jpg

Regards always

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....

As family 'things' matters remain rather unsettling at the moment, work on Cambrian Street is sluggish, but hope to post one or two minor images within the next couple of days of ideas for the station environs more than anything else, as half an hour or so a week is welcome.....

Hope to be attending Warley show on Saturday, nothing big expected to be on the shopping list, bits and bobs mostly, hoping for plenty of inspiration too as a result of a wander around the layouts....

If any of you good guys are attending, then enjoy, if your taking a layout or on a stall hope it's a successful weekend for you.

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Evening my dear friends....

Here are a few images of the planned set up of Cambrian Street station..will add ideas in the next few days hopefully.....

Hoping to also gain some inspiration, of which I am sure there will be huge amounts of, tomorrow at Warley Show at the NEC...(first went to their show, with my late uncle who was so inspirational in all things railway, I think in 1971 or '72 when it was at the Harry Mitchell Centre...boy I feel old, been going ever since)!

104_5365.JPG.0e705790eacac3b25de3c171e565a9ad.JPG 104_5364.JPG.cebb4eee0930ee126c5550e94442d701.JPG 104_5363.JPG.5cc84a22079e59a332c0832ca6d352c3.JPG 

104_5361.JPG.a631aed536f8bbe950e2fdc60877b44b.JPG 104_5360.JPG.c76ebabf3595ae1122ac78d8a8c23a7f.JPG

Regards always...

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I'm not convinced about the two footbridges Bob. It's a little overkill to me. Would it not be better to have one footbridge across all of the platforms?

But hey rule 1 always applies doesn't it?!

Regards Lez. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

18 hours ago, lezz01 said:

I'm not convinced about the two footbridges Bob. It's a little overkill to me. Would it not be better to have one footbridge across all of the platforms?

But hey rule 1 always applies doesn't it?!

Regards Lez. 

Hi Lez....

Hope all's well...?

I do take your point over the footbridges, perhaps I have overdone on this, maybe I am being too kind in that I am forgetting also the old rule  ...' to make the b****ers walk'.....!

One one the reasons I've posted the images is the kind feedback always received...could if I am brave enough adapt the two..but may just keep one between the two main platforms.....?

Regards always

Bob

Hello...

Intending to place spear top fencing along the edges marked in red...

104_5394a.jpg.1f14dbb3bad804a637997c3f049e4e7b.jpg

A three platform access footbridge such as this perhaps....or if brave adapt the two I already have,,,?

download1.jpg.89edadec48584ccdb2dbe0e6a0c46396.jpg

There gain it may just remain as one bridge in its current location...?

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So what I would do Bob, is move the station building towards the buffers a bit more, say 6" and then you can have a 3 platform footbridge starting where the toilet block is currently and adjust the other platform buildings and canopies accordingly. Saving the GWR the cost of one footbridge support tower and a set of steps.......:jester:

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

So what I would do Bob, is move the station building towards the buffers a bit more, say 6" and then you can have a 3 platform footbridge starting where the toilet block is currently and adjust the other platform buildings and canopies accordingly. Saving the GWR the cost of one footbridge support tower and a set of steps.......:jester:

Regards Lez.

Hi

I do have two of the Gaguemaster kits that are based on Hagley that could be built and married together, even swing the steps in opposite directions if necessary...unsure whether the  resign Bachmann ones would take to being cut up....?

Regards

Bob

Hi

Have moved the station 'furniture' and station building and placed the main bridge where it would sit on the two main platforms as here....

104_5415.JPG.d27b1b3cfcd591155cbaee269bf3b03f.JPG 104_5415a.jpg.01034a10e0b19176481fa9edf746cdb7.jpg

the 'shopped image' shows where the adapted bridge extension would be....?

Does resin 'take kindly to being cut'....?

Regards always...

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3