'Cambrian Street'

BobM

6 hours ago, Les Johnson said:

Just caught up! Almost prefer the platform ‘before’ you wiped off the weathering powders .

Les

Hi Les....

There certainly is merit in your observation....and indeed there is an intention to add, what at best could be described as 'patternation' onto the surface.......

also it requires the 'white line'....which through personal experience at Arley no matter how much we attempt to keep this 'clean' and 'pristine'...... you can never account for the mucky, sooty and grease laden boots of the footplate crew, leaving their signature black footprint on it, this can be somewhat 'tiresome' but especially so just after you've painted the lengthy, blessed thing!  (I jest).

:rolleyes:

Regards always,

Bob

Edited by BobM

Evening Guys....

Been a 'soggy' old Thursday here and especially so at Arley, really frustrating when what was planned to do in the station gardens absolutely became impossible due to the weather, in my younger days I would have worked through it, but not now!

Anyway, don;t take this too literally but this is a further musing on the station house gardens which I plan to have  as brick paths around the buildings and down the garden which will feature fruit trees, two allotments, possible an (old) outside loo.....any other suggestions...?

IMG_0201a.jpg.f93a840c585ac04188e436074f0d1034.jpg

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 3

Hi Bob

was on the SVR on Thursday.  It was indeed incredibly soggy.  Though fortunately, I got a table in the pub at Bridgnorth where my sons dried out!  A quick question, as we went through Arley, I noticed a building under construction.  Do you know what it is?

thanks

David

• Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Hi Bob

was on the SVR on Thursday.  It was indeed incredibly soggy.  Though fortunately, I got a table in the pub at Bridgnorth where my sons dried out!  A quick question, as we went through Arley, I noticed a building under construction.  Do you know what it is?

thanks

David

Hi David....

Pleased you and your sons had a good trip on the SVR even if it was a tad damp.....

The currently roofless, breeze block structure beside the Pway hut is eventually to be our new maintenance workshop planned to replace the current rather cramped and outdated  facility. Sadly though due to the current situation, both work on it and any funding for it has ceased....eventually it will be clad in corrugated iron and paint in GWR colours.....

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bob.  I understand trains have been 80-90%  full.  I thought the set up with your own reserved compartment and scheduling so as the train were at each of the key locations at different times worked really well.  A bit frustrating that certain areas were off limits, eg platform 2 at Bridgnorth (and although I understand why you can’t anymore, it was a childhood highlight to wander through the shed at Bridgnorth!).  Hopefully the SVR will get its visit from 2999 soon.  I’m looking forward to seeing her coupled to the toplights!

Two damp but happy children!

David

17C32076-A1C5-4FE4-B88A-B04E60981D3D.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Thanks Bob.  I understand trains have been 80-90%  full.  I thought the set up with your own reserved compartment and scheduling so as the train were at each of the key locations at different times worked really well.  A bit frustrating that certain areas were off limits, eg platform 2 at Bridgnorth (and although I understand why you can’t anymore, it was a childhood highlight to wander through the shed at Bridgnorth!).  Hopefully the SVR will get its visit from 2999 soon.  I’m looking forward to seeing her coupled to the toplights!

Two damp but happy children!

David

17C32076-A1C5-4FE4-B88A-B04E60981D3D.jpeg

Brilliant...so pleased all was good and an enjoyable day was had....

It is sad that the intermediate stations (such as Arley) have to remain closed to visitors, hoping for better days ahead and to welcome everyone soon back long the whole line....

Despite the difficult operating circumstances beaming smiles such as this says it all....!

Thank you for your support....

Regards always

Bob

• Thanks 1

Evening Guys....

Just a quick update this evening on what was managed yesterday, as I had a rare Saturday off from the nursery, involving not only a long walk through the woods and along the Staffs and Worcs Canal to Bratch Locks for a good sit down, a flask of coffee and cake to watch the busy scene of three consecutive boats going down the locks and then two further ascending....absolutely marvellous to watch and strangely therapeutic.....

anyway I digress......

......have begun to construct the back screen to the station house which will also form the indication of a street scene....

IMG_0213.JPG.9c646eb20423fe7b68d379925a2c6ec2.JPG

only managed to grab one image at Arley today....7714 awaiting it's empty stock movement northbound this afternoon...

IMG_0209.JPG.45e55fd192846e3acab1f68d8884f195.JPG

If unlike me, you have tomorrow off, have a good one....

Regards always

Bob

• Like 7

Evening guys..... 

Hope your respective Bank Holiday (if you've had the day off that is) has been good.....another rather brief update this evening..... just to say that a further section of the back screen has been constructed........

IMG_0217.JPG.1c7d514fd2d6ca8e5c8dc5e00ebfea5b.JPG

the blue area is where the intention is to create an indication of Cambrian Street itself.....

IMG_0219a.jpg.10c44cb0f94cbb4a67d316ac6de037e6.jpg

Regards always....stay safe guys....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 7

Cambrian street.....blue area ,,,,thinking of low relief buildings against back screen (possibly),,,,?

Regards always....

Bob

IMG_0217a.jpg.bc968fb8931b071fa0049ff9353dcebd.jpg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Evening my friends......

Nothing too 'cast in stone' as it were with this posting.....but just a musing to provide an indication of what the thinking is for the positioning of buildings and the orientation of  the street, which will  corner and 'turn' towards the back screen, further buildings on the opposite side to form up Cambrian Street which will 'disappear' into the distance...?

IMG_0002.JPG.854a330d928b581267ac5988b54cd1fa.JPG

or so...?

IMG_0003.JPG.2cf801146fee18d2a31400d56590f9fa.JPG

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

Afternoon all...Hoping one and all are well....?

Just a quick Saturday update, unusual in itself that I am 'off' again...!

So have left the hoovering again, (up to my knees in dust now so must at some stage soon 'bite the bullet'), in favour of fashioning the central platform.....requires further 'fettling' but hopefully coming along..?

IMG_0022.JPG.e6d38bdc6cc8b3a143d81a54ee99becf.JPG IMG_0023.JPG.ef6179ea694cd662550e14379435dae8.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG.5126262d0dd0427ae80f2db3843697b6.JPG

the intention is to have a mix of paved and central ash surface....in the forward areas shown here....?

IMG_0022a.jpg.3f698998b972f88d500311ed66336aeb.jpg

Regards always...stay safe my friends...

Bob

Edited by BobM
spelling
  • Like 5

Evening guys...All well I hope...?

A 6' wall running the length of the platform has been formed and will be painted up in blue brick, when slight gaps have been filled....

IMG_0039.JPG.32ce8fb5cec550a3824c340640c2023e.JPG IMG_0031.JPG.4c4d8b4525e60a565e65e946c18f7170.JPG IMG_0034.JPG.89d9c34da020e162c199a85c3c674f68.JPG

Behind this wall, will be a line of terrace cottages, 'ended' by one corner shop and here the 'Red Lion pub'.... no 'roadway access to these, just a walkway, cottages fronting directly on to it....

IMG_0027a.jpg.b8c5c74f4df8f8338e479a4d623f1cb6.jpg

Regards always...

Bob

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 380John said:

Really making good progress there Bob. The last lot of photos really give a sense of character of the place. I may have missed it in the past, but what plans do you have for the back scenes? 

Many thanks 

John 

Hi John....

Thank you for your kind comments.....

The back scenes I hope will provide some 'distance'...

These scenes  painted onto individual sections of card or board to provide an indication of  further buildings and perspective...which then can be placed on to the back scene rather than directly painted on to the back scene itself ?

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
spelling
  • Informative/Useful 1

Evening guys....Hope all's well...?

Have begun to form up the the 'town side' of the station.......

.....with a set down / pick up area (here in red)....to blend in with the platform, the said pick up / set down area around the station is intended to be 'paved' in a slab effect similar as used for the platform.......

...... the town side roadways I intend to form up either with granite sets or perhaps or a flat tarmac or concrete effect surface....?

Comments appreciated on suitable / appropriate road surface....

IMG_0043.JPG.7d2fa00741cc51792b6b97ba3f2901ee.JPG IMG_0043a.jpg.95767a723ef9e371f1a835b1e60256f7.jpg

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Well if it's tarmac you should really camber it Bob. What's on the other side of the "road" mate?

Regards Lez. 

Hi Lez (and all)....

I am minded to keep to a set or cobbled surface for the roads that lead into the station,,,,,using low relief buildings on the street sides.

Regards

Bob

Hi....

Just an indication (hopefully this is helpful).... of what the intentions are....? All out of perspective and scale though..!

Red area paved set down, yellow spear top fencing grey granite setts with buildings bordering street indicated by arrow...?

IMG_0043ab.jpg.8e2a9ea63d189019c05f0d9a752db432.jpg

Stay safe my dear friends,

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2