'Cambrian Street'

BobM

That's it for this evening.....

IMG_0048.JPG.7dea0938852a83c47b12c27225107cd2.JPG IMG_0048a.jpg.f717c3e0dad102e3743d93edcdb9b242.jpg

Just wondering whether at the extreme right, the slabs would be orientated in the opposing direction, rather than a long line of paving, but that may look odd...?

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 4

Hi Guys...

Just to say that I haven't forgotten you kind souls, just plodding on with 'slab laying' which isn't the most 'interesting' posting to make updates on, so will post when completed and painting and weathering is underway.

In the meantime, stay safe my friends....

Regards always

Bob 

Edited by BobM
spelling
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi....

'slab' laying continues but thought you'd like to see this.....we were just having a coffee break when we heard 1501 coming into the station on its return northbound leg and 'she' looked lovely in this afternoon's glorious and pleasantly warm sunshine....

IMG_0049.JPG.2634a0b49c158555fc3c3670194120bb.JPG

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 6

Evening guys......

All okay I hope....?

Here is the 'state of play'......

Have 'completed' the paving of the town side of the station set down....will need to grout with Das Clay then begin the weathering process...will let you know...(the grey shaded area is where part of the station building sits)

IMG_0050a.jpg.b165cd28e41f94d52dd7f10b94b36ede.jpg 

Regards always

Bob

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

It looks very good Bob.

Regards Lez.

Are you referring to the slabbing or the state of my carpet!.....:D

Hope all well matey....

Regards always

Bob

Evening my dear friends, I hope all are okay?

Thought you'd like to see how 'Railway Terrace Cottages' may form up,  the ubiquitous pub and chip shop ending the 'pudding bag' (cul de sac) street, the chip shop end being 'Cambrian Street itself, further buildings planned for t'other side of the O'ss road.

Will paint the doors differing colours and make one or two additional adjustments to individualise the buildings.

IMG_0057.JPG.78ebf8db8c2aa21d79e595a58150b60b.JPG IMG_0059.JPG.0aae0e0282b0866b0b4758982e6a4858.JPG IMG_0060.JPG.0ffc9c92b0c8a3c16d2f4e45c73aa42e.JPG   IMG_0063.JPG.faf154027e821870f0c2a706313681cc.JPG

Regards always,,,,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I do enjoy watching your layout come to life, great stuff Bob! :good:

Chris

Thank you Chris, your kind words and support is much appreciated.

Regards always

Bob

8 hours ago, 380John said:

Anybody else get a coronation street vibe from that second picture? All jokes aside its looking great Bob. Your perseverance with the platform slabs has definitely paid off. 

John 

Having lived 'downunder......I'm more Ramsey Street !........:D

Cheers for the kind comments....

Regards always

Bob

4 minutes ago, BobM said:

Having lived 'downunder......I'm more Ramsey Street !........:D

Cheers for the kind comments....

Regards always

Bob

I was a fan in my childhood.... Went to sea  for the first time as a cadet for a few months and never watched neighbours again! :lol:  I'd love to go to oz sometime however. My lone motive being to go and see 3801 (avatar picture) beautiful locomotive.  

John 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 380John said:

I was a fan in my childhood.... Went to sea  for the first time as a cadet for a few months and never watched neighbours again! :lol:  I'd love to go to oz sometime however. My lone motive being to go and see 3801 (avatar picture) beautiful locomotive.  

John 

Hi.....

Thirty-eight o-one is certainly an iconic and beautiful locomotive.....

I was a 5 year old when we left Manly, Sydney, although born here in the UK, my dad's work took us out there with the intention to remain however that didn't turn out to be the case, can just recall both the 5 week voyages either way and bits and pieces of a 'beach playground' with the houses garden ending in a cliff face drop which overlooked the Pacific and the sweep of Manly beach... I could have been a right 'ocker beach bum' by now if we stayed!

I think if there is something in reincarnation then I'd like to come back as a Koala - the reason being that you sleep most of the day and everyone thinks you're Cute and Cuddly!

1902292413_images(2).jpg.5860ac4def485b29b236c3c203a6502f.jpg

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BobM said:

Hi.....

Thirty-eight o-one is certainly an iconic and beautiful locomotive.....

I was a 5 year old when we left Manly, Sydney, although born here in the UK, my dad's work took us out there with the intention to remain however that didn't turn out to be the case, can just recall both the 5 week voyages either way and bits and pieces of a 'beach playground' with the houses garden ending in a cliff face drop which overlooked the Pacific and the sweep of Manly beach... I could have been a right 'ocker beach bum' by now if we stayed!

I think if there is something in reincarnation then I'd like to come back as a Koala - the reason being that you sleep most of the day and everyone thinks you're Cute and Cuddly!

1902292413_images(2).jpg.5860ac4def485b29b236c3c203a6502f.jpg

Regards always

Bob

Koala is definitely a good choice Bob, great vantage point for watching 3801 come past too! 

All the best, 

John 

• RMweb Gold

Sorry I haven't been in touch Bob.

I've been having a total mare with the koi pond.

The palettes didn't really work and it was spreading so much I couldn't open the shed door properly so I rebuilt it again using sleepers. Then I fitted a too powerful pump to the filter system and the nitrogen cycle broke down and I killed nearly all of my beautiful fish. Anyway it's all fixed now and the 3 survivors are doing better, fingers crossed! I feel so stupid as I should have checked the maximum flow rate but it never occurred to me that that would flush the bio part of the filter. I've lost all of the big ones except one butterfly and he's looking a bit scabby, although he looks much better than he did yesterday. I need to do better! Much, much better!!  

Anyway the street scene looks fab mate. It is a tad "corrie street", but it still looks fab. 

Regards Lez.

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Sorry I haven't been in touch Bob.

I've been having a total mare with the koi pond.

The palettes didn't really work and it was spreading so much I couldn't open the shed door properly so I rebuilt it again using sleepers. Then I fitted a too powerful pump to the filter system and the nitrogen cycle broke down and I killed nearly all of my beautiful fish. Anyway it's all fixed now and the 3 survivors are doing better, fingers crossed! I feel so stupid as I should have checked the maximum flow rate but it never occurred to me that that would flush the bio part of the filter. I've lost all of the big ones except one butterfly and he's looking a bit scabby, although he looks much better than he did yesterday. I need to do better! Much, much better!!  

Anyway the street scene looks fab mate. It is a tad "corrie street", but it still looks fab. 

Regards Lez.

Oh Lez....I can empathise how much hurt there is when loosing something that is so dear to your heart and especially so when it gets into your head that ones actions may have contributed to the loss, but often as here it is just a series of events, which done in the best intentions just don't work out...sad as it is don't beat yourself up over it.

Similar actions of  mine with balancing the filtration  really 'messed up' the whole system with my original Koi pond where its resulted in the loss of favoured fish, we've all done it, certainly hurts and remains with you but you learn.

The street does look a tad 'corrie' I admit but should be okay...?

Take care my friend....stay safe...

Regards always...

Bob

Evening guys....Hope all are well...?

Sorry it's been a while since the last in depth 'Cambrian' posting, but the combination of work commitments and a concerns over a family illness has obviously taken priority as they should, but this evening have begun to paint a random selection of the town side of the slabbed station paving, allowing this to dry before dry brushing the top coat and subsequent weathering.....will let you know an post an image of the results when able.

Take care, stay safe guys,

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Bob, 

Sorry to hear about the family illness. I'm glad you are finding some solace in modelling. I feel there's not much better for the soul. On a strange note... Our passed comments on 3801 and the C38 class were a touch of foresight.... 

As 3801 has been restored to working order for the first time in 11  (I think) years I put it to Hornby as a product suggestion earlier in the year and low and behold I got notification from hattons today of the forthcoming release. I was gobsmacked! The unstreamlined will be offered first and then the streamliners to follow.  I pre-ordered immediately. Fantastic news. Hard to justify on my new BR (W) layout but hey at the end of the day, it's where we go to find our solace and enjoy. 

Take care, 

John 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 380John said:

Hi Bob, 

Sorry to hear about the family illness. I'm glad you are finding some solace in modelling. I feel there's not much better for the soul. On a strange note... Our passed comments on 3801 and the C38 class were a touch of foresight.... 

As 3801 has been restored to working order for the first time in 11  (I think) years I put it to Hornby as a product suggestion earlier in the year and low and behold I got notification from hattons today of the forthcoming release. I was gobsmacked! The unstreamlined will be offered first and then the streamliners to follow.  I pre-ordered immediately. Fantastic news. Hard to justify on my new BR (W) layout but hey at the end of the day, it's where we go to find our solace and enjoy. 

Take care, 

John 

Thanks John....

Yes a worrying time as my only remaining close family member is very poorly in hospital, not being able to visit or do anything due to current restrictions adds to the concerns,,,,however have faith she is in the best place and safe hands to get through this....

I did see the launch of Hornby's 3801 immediately after your message....strange world eh....exciting stuff too!

You'll have to post an image when you've received it...?

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Evening my friends.....

Have been working on the town side of the station area, painting up the slabbed pick and set down / entrance area...not there yet and any comments as always will be greatly appreciated.....need to blend the two sections together as best as possible but not worried about going overboard on it or worry too much as long as it looks reasonable for my purposes, not going for 'perfection' as this is beyond my skill...

Any tips greatly appreciated as always....

IMG_0073.JPG.aeed16f2dbf2203a221b1072c5c1cb49.JPG IMG_0072.JPG.62e5c86f9bb6b6c6e7ce0d0b2142c78d.JPG IMG_0071.JPG.bae6fcb8ca59053e52b49dffbd656567.JPG

Regards always....stay safe please.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Hi....

A few further images for you to look over and comment on, the town as yet unnamed begins to fill out....the platform has been placed in situ to be worked upon whilst in its intended position....

IMG_0086.JPG.51a7553c5c6083a765ff40f727a6c902.JPG IMG_0085.JPG.20d6c92c7fa9098e243fee3ff03ed8e2.JPG IMG_0084.JPG.201f1c15244687a3dec0fa7673230ed6.JPG IMG_0083.JPG.7c5fde55d0ab754a0722147a11e053c4.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG.c02280ea1a3dd0447bb4d3205a6aaf25.JPG IMG_0080.JPG.1fe568753211a7f8f63218f9b6685255.JPG IMG_0079.JPG.cb3c36aab1c025aaee1ea85a85149dab.JPG IMG_0078.JPG.3a20777c4fd06246169ecaf69f7f6f60.JPG

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 5