Mark's workbench - lockdown loco build (page 17)

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking back over the last couple of pages of this thread, most of the projects haven’t really progressed since they were last featured.  Despite spending more time at home than I normally would this year, it would be fair to say that hasn’t translated into a significant increase in modelling time.

Without the deadlines of getting things ready for an exhibition (a conscious decision I had made before the option to go to exhibitions was taken away from all of us) I do find I’m not as productive as I once was.  However, I think I’m enjoying the little bits I am doing more, which I think is more important than how much I manage to get done.  I like that I can pick up whichever project I’m in the mood for without worrying that it means something else won’t be finished in time.  If something isn’t going well, I can put it away and do something else (or more likely do nothing).

With that in mind, there will be no big resolutions or grand plans for 2021 from me, I’ll just carry on tinkering with anything from pre-group goods wagons to sector era diesel locos and occasionally posting about it here.  Thanks to all who have posted and/or reacted to my posts this year, wishing everyone who reads this best wishes for a peaceful, happy and healthy 2021.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

As a bit of break from track construction on the new layout  I've started on a couple of Parkside mineral wagon kits.

20210103_222021.jpg.2d9a74ca695c163cca8108b829678e49.jpg

As expected, they have gone together very nicely with no modification other than to make room for the sprung axleguards.  I'd usually replace the buffers and brake vees with metal ones, but that seems quite unnecessary with these.  Brake levers will most like be etched replacements though, for durability as much as looks.

• Like 5