Britannia Lord Kitchener website exclusive.

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Premium

Morning Ian,

Can I take that as read the notification received is from Hornby direct ?

Hopefully it will be of the same build quality as previous 7MT's, let's also hope that the brunswick green livery is a better shade than of late !!!

The locomotive is exclusive to Hornbys website so that would be a yes

• RMweb Gold

Morning Ian,

Can I take that as read the notification received is from Hornby direct ?

Hopefully it will be of the same build quality as previous 7MT's, let's also hope that the brunswick green livery is a better shade than of late !!!

I see someone has enthusiastically beaten me to it....but yes.....shortly before 10 this am..Will keep you posted.I too hope the green controversy does not repeat itself.It shoudn't but you never know.Regards!

• RMweb Gold

I see someone has enthusiastically beaten me to it....but yes.....shortly before 10 this am..Will keep you posted.I too hope the green controversy does not repeat itself.It shoudn't but you never know.Regards!

First Knob-gate, now green-gate. Bring back design clever, that will really give people something moan about  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

First Knob-gate, now green-gate. Bring back design clever, that will really give people something moan about  :jester:

Believe me,if sagebrush green is perpetrated on 70043/4,there will be much rending of sackcloth and ashes. The Brits Hornby got right and they were (are?) one of the finest of R T R models.We shall see...

• RMweb Gold

Believe me,if sagebrush green is perpetrated on 70043/4,there will be much rending of sackcloth and ashes. The Brits Hornby got right and they were (are?) one of the finest of R T R models.We shall see...

Even as I post this,the stock of the up "Mancunian"....a mixed rake of Bachmann Mark 1's and Stanier Portholes awaits its loco,slowly reversing from Longsight ( 9A ) onto the train at the platform at Manchester London Road. Spotters eagerly observe. "It's a Brit.....oh no.not Lord Kitchener again ! " Sometime in 1954.....

• RMweb Gold

Anyone remember my namesake, 70015 Apollo back in the 60's when she was at Stockport Edgeley shed. She was painted a sickly lightish green and was un-lined, or only partially lined.

Brit15

In her prime,Apollo was a Canton loco ( 86 C ).Frequently rostered for the up " Red Dragon " she was kept in sparkling condition as were all of their allocation which at one time in the mid 50's amounted to 15 ( 70015--70029 ) the entire WR allocation.It seems that only Canton depot could make anything of them on the WR. They appeared then always immaculately prepared.

I await your reaction with interest. With Hornby starting to do so much rather well, it's about time this was attended to.

• RMweb Premium

I think you will find that is not the case, Hatton's, Kernow and Chester Model Centre's to name a few outlets also have these available for pre-orders....

Oh really? Perhaps it is a concessions exclusive, rather than a website exclusive. Or perhaps it was originally a website exclusive and they changed that at some point.

• RMweb Gold

They're a real bargain with club discount, the green doesn't really matter for me ;)

Even as I post this,the stock of the up "Mancunian"....a mixed rake of Bachmann Mark 1's and Stanier Portholes awaits its loco,slowly reversing from Longsight ( 9A ) onto the train at the platform at Manchester London Road. Spotters eagerly observe. "It's a Brit.....oh no.not Lord Kitchener again ! " Sometime in 1954.....

Trafford Park had 5 Brits in 1950s, so a little variety from Central

• RMweb Gold

Trafford Park had 5 Brits in 1950s, so a little variety from Central

Trafford Park 's allocation .....which handled work on the Midland Main line between Manchester Central and St.Pancras is a different situation and post dates the era in my post.It is also a completely different route. Some of Canton's allocation were transferred there in the late 50's.

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today. Green looks like their normal standard.

Regards

Mark Humphrys

Out of interest,were you e mailed to inform of its dispatch and given any tracking details? All I have thus far is one informing me it has arrived at the warehouse and a PDF invoice in my account.Nothing else.

I had the email yesterday morning stating the same as your original post. I must admit I was surprised when the courier turned up this afternoon to deliver it. Image below. Not the best lighting!

Regards

Mark Humphrys

post-67-0-74038300-1448123576_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest,were you e mailed to inform of its dispatch and given any tracking details? All I have thus far is one informing me it has arrived at the warehouse and a PDF invoice in my account.Nothing else.

My Hornby account page was still stating pending but I received a text on Friday stating that the loco would be delivered by Interlink on Monday 23rd Nov. I had another text from Interlink this morning telling me that Paul would deliver between 10.24 and 11.24 this morning. Delivered at 10.25.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for that,Mark. I thought that Hornby would have e mailed details of delivery,considering their brand new state of the art warehousing system. I thought I read somewhere that the customer would be kept informed. Apparently not.At this moment in time I am completely unaware of when it's to be delivered which is an irritating nuisance to say the least. Unclever and frankly sloppy for a company that has a much heralded direct sell approach.It is quite simply not good enough.

Interesting - our Saturday afternoon was interrupted by a white van man with a parcel from Hornby.  Midday Friday there had been a message from Hornby - could I update my card details as they couldn't process my order (Earl Haig).  I followed the instructions and then attempted to find out what was happening.  All that I was able to deduce is that my order was being 'processed' - well - now it has arrived!

Not sure about the green - Earl Haig doesn't match any of my earlier Britannias or come to think about it any other BR green locos. I would say the green matches pictures I have seen of the last surviving Britannias that were turned out unlined - a sort of southern railway green?

After tweaking the valve gear to stop it catching it seems to run rather well.

Regards

Ray

Archived