Britannia Lord Kitchener website exclusive.

Ian Hargrave

Not in later days,they weren't....especially ehen the LMR got their hands on them.Some of Canton's allocation went to the Midland mainline in 1958. Dick Hardy at Stratford knew how to turn them out though but that of course was GE territory.70043/44 were LM locos all their working lives.

Quite so.  Midland grime, rust and neglect predominated in those last years often around Carlisle.    So I'll just imagine it was for some exhibition or other.  Actually it's just a very nice model!  :)

I still think it looks like the Bassett-Lowke models of days-gone-by....  and I say that with the admiration of one who could never afford such impossible dreams! 

I know 70000 was polished up for show but were any others?

post-7929-0-34702700-1459197640_thumb.jpg

edit; come to think of it, did Bassett-Lowke or any 0 gauge model maker ever make models of Britannias?

• RMweb Gold

I still think it looks like the Bassett-Lowke models of days-gone-by....  and I say that with the admiration of one who could never afford such impossible dreams! 

I know 70000 was polished up for show but were any others?

attachicon.gif70044_R3295_Britannia_Earl_Haig_2a_r1200.jpg

edit; come to think of it, did Bassett-Lowke or any 0 gauge model maker ever make models of Britannias?

The Golden Arrow 70004/14 were immaculate,On the WR,Cantons fleet were ( initially) likewise and Dick Hardy kept the Stratford examples in good nick.

Archived