BRM January 2016 + FREE DVD!

SteveCole

• Administrators

Dear All,

Here's a run-down of the highlights of the January 2016 issue of BRM, which goes on sale on December 10th (subscribers and digital issues will be available a few days before). However, we will have copies HOT OFF THE PRESS for sale at Warley this weekend (November 28 & 29)! Visit the BRM stand (A09), situated directly behind Hornby Hobbies, to grab your copy before anyone else!

Steve

post-14186-0-18944100-1448287099.jpg

FREE 30-minute DVD for every reader

Kingswear – a depiction of the D-Day landings

Phil Parker demonstrates card kit techniques

Andy York interviews Alan Pearson from Nelevation

Phil Parker shows animation products

FREE CARD KIT DOWNLOADS IN OO, N and O gauge

The January 2016 issue is packed with great layouts, modelling ideas and projects to inspire you over the winter months. Here's what you'll find in this 164-page magazine:

FOUR great layouts:

South Town (OO gauge, Eastern Region 1950s)

Peafore Yard (OO gauge, BR Western Region 1977)

Vale of Lune (OO gauge, LMS 1930s)

Kingswear (2mm Finescale, GWR 1940s)

NEW! BRM Trackplan Archive!

Our new monthly series, offering a range of Trackplans for you to cut-out-and-keep. This month we include:

Oxminster (OO)

Tower Pier (EM)

Owdham Central (N)

PRACTICAL BRM

Fitting point motors

Make a Ruston and Hornsby 0-6-0T

Build your free kit – Part 1

Fit working table lamps

Decoding DCC – basic decoder programming

Building your first N gauge layout

Light your ‘S’ Stock

NEWS/REVIEWS

Oxford Rail’s first locomotive – the Adams Radial, a Class 60 plus ballast wagons from Heljan.

PLUS

Weathered Wagons: a selected of wagons that run on Loftus Road

Prototype Inspiration: BR Ballast Hoppers

Diary Dates

Q&A

Hope you all enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've downloaded this edition on my iPad as usual but cannot get the DVD to open. I've contacted pocketmags and James has told me that the extra materials don't come with the digital versions which I have replied to and am currently waiting to hear back on. Any suggestions? I've not encountered this with any of the previous year's magazines and have tried deleting and reloading but without any success. Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Not available yet in Swanage. What is the review of the Oxfordrail Adams Radial like?

Subs copies have not arrived yet so shop shelves won't be until at least next Thursday I would have thought.

• Moderators

as others have already said, can't seem to find that free kit download on the modelrailwayscenery site....

can't wait to get my green fingers sticky....

anyone got a link....

Hello kermit,

The link is on the video pages of the digital issue - where I usually put it. Underneath the video there is a large picture of the kit and a 'Download your FREE kit here' in a bold font...

Regards,

Howard

to be fair I put the www. address supplied in the mag and it came up.... thought it would be quicker to search manually on the site which was a failure....

just goes to show that being too lazy to go to the bedroom to fetch a magazine because it's just 'too far' is counter productive....

now to aldi to get suitable box

I believe a few subscribers, on receipt of the mag, have been calling the office to ask where the building kit is. It's a download from the Free DVD.

Thanks to Justin at Model Railway Scenery for working with us to produce this kit, an ideal addition to all those Christmas train sets! The kit comes in four parts over the next four issues as shown below with each of the parts containing useful contentfor modellers even if they're not building the kit as suggested.

BRM Kit.jpg

I must admit I thought that the building kit was a pre-printed item for OO gauge.  On the DVD it was mentioned that N and O gauge modellers could download it and print it out. It wasn't quite clear that it had to be downloaded/printed for OO gauge too.

• Moderators

Windows 7 user here, and can't get DVD working. Starts playing and then stops with message 'unknown video'. Is it designed for specific video player, or do I have a general problem with my laptop, or any other suggestion?

Hello. PM sent.

Howard

Have you tried another DVD in the laptop to determine whether it's the DVD or the laptop? If it's the latter it could be problems with DVD codecs, Windows media centre set-ups, autorun recognition or various other issues. If it is the Windows media player that's the problem it may be worth trying other software such as VLC - http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html

Archived