S&DJR Loco and Coach Drawings

Hi all I'm currently working through producing all of the S&DJR's goods stock and I have one loco 28A. However it's not really enough to run the layout as S&DJR and there is not a lot of kits out there to supplement the ones we do. So if anyone can point me in the direction of some drawings of some loco and coaches. Any help would be appreciated.

Marc   

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
  • Model Railways December 1979 had drawings, by P.R.Bunce and P.M.Giles, of 6-wheeled passenger brake vans.
  • The July 1980 issue had an article by Jem Harrison on scratch-building 7mm scale coaches for his SDJR layout, which included drawings of 48ft and 46ft passenger coaches.
  • Peter Tatlow's Historic Carriage Drawing - volume 3 has a MR & SDJR 5 ton 25 ft Fruit & Milk van.
  • Model Railway News had drawings of SDJR 0-4-4T No. 10. Railway Modeller in February 1967 had Bill Ibbott's drawings of a 2-8-0.

If you spot any of my drawings of S&D stock, please be aware that they were drawn as general arrangement drawings, for my own models using photos and estimated measurements. Some are on my photo sharing pages at http://www.ipernity.com/doc/philsutters/album/512733?view=0

• RMweb Gold

And don't forget the wagon drawings in Southern Wagons Vol 1, some very good detail there including SR diagram numbers, vehicle numbering and some good photos.

I've built several wagons from this source, here's a dia 1307 implement wagon.

post-19301-0-52395200-1450711515.jpg

Phil's drawings are very useful, I wonder whether that small Highbridge building still exists, it is very model-able...

Simon

• RMweb Gold

And don't forget the wagon drawings in Southern Wagons Vol 1, some very good detail there including SR diagram numbers, vehicle numbering and some good photos.

I've built several wagons from this source, here's a dia 1307 implement wagon.

attachicon.gifBeeching2.jpg

Phil's drawings are very useful, I wonder whether that small Highbridge building still exists, it is very model-able...

Simon

The school has changed a lot since we were there in the '60s & early '70s. I can't see anything from aerial maps that could be it. There is an outside chance that it has been offered to an enthusiast or group.

As I noted above, my rolling stock drawings were for my own modelling - mainly hacking Triang clerestorys - and must not be regarded as scale drawings. A great little book with details of rolling stock is Colin Maggs' Highbridge in its heyday, from Oakwood Press - no drawings but a good number of photos.

The rolling stock so far

Rolling stock list

2x 6plk coal

2x 5plk with raised ends (1xSDJR/1xLSWR)

1x 2plk (centre door)

1x 3plk

1x 10t brake

1x 20t brake

1x road van

1x 5plk

1x 2-4-0T 28A 

Got a 5plk with a tarp bar, Large cattle van (MR type) and a box van (LSWR type) on the work bench.

I have attach a few photos

Marc

post-13539-0-59803700-1450788042.jpg

post-13539-0-80447700-1450788073_thumb.jpg

post-13539-0-15794900-1450788126_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Model Railway News Dec 49, 4-4-0 tender engine; M.R.N. Dec66, 0-4-4 tank; Model Railways Mar 76, 4w. 4compt. 3rd, (this was the start of a series "coaches of the S&DJR", I haven't got any more of these, but I see one more listed above); Railway Modeller Apr 79, 8T van (LSW type). Good luck with this project, I must admit I really fancied the 2-4-0T you had on your stand at Bristol GOG!

Archived