Nucast

As many people are now aware, the Nucast / K's range of kits is now under joint ownership between Branchlines & South Eastern Finecast.

The takeover did not include any stock of kits and very little in the way of parts.

We will be reintroducing kits as time allows, using new moulds.

The following kits are already avaliable :-

NC007 - LNER J70 Tram Engine.

NC119 - LNER Sentinel Railcar.

NC120 - LNER/LMS/GWR Sentinel Shunter.

Planned next releases :-

NC254/Z - GWR Dia A26 Autocoach (ex Steam Railmotor)

This kit has been improved and now includes GWR 7ft bogies and optional parts to allow for conversion from gas to electric lighting

NC262 - BR/WR16xx - Hawksworth  Pannier Tank.

This kit will have a completely redesigned etched N/S chassis

NC262C - BR/WR16xx - Hawksworth  Pannier Tank Chassis kit.

The chassis willl be avaliable separately, allowing you to upgrade earlier models as the fixing points will remain the same.

NC209 - LMS/BR 7F (Austin 7) 0-8-0

For further details contact :-

Branchlines - sales@branchlines.com    or  South Eastern Finecast - dave@sefinecast.co.uk

post-27722-0-68865700-1448363453_thumb.jpg

post-27722-0-47838300-1448363526_thumb.jpg

post-27722-0-40995700-1448366815_thumb.jpg

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1

Thank you for bringing this range back from the dead. There are a lot of the former K's and Nucast range I had always meant to buy but couldn't afford at the time.

A couple of questions for you. 1. Will all the kits have new chassis as they are released? 2. Will various separate parts be available as per the current South Eastern Finecast policy?

Best of luck with the re-introductions. I'm looking forward to all the old GWR and South Wales models becoming available again.

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can confirm that Dave has already supplied me parts from the Nucast range, so his policy doesn't appear to have changed, which is brilliant.

I wish both Brian and Dave the very best with this endevour, as there are plenty of nice things lurking in those boxes!

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

If you are willing to take pot luck, ask Dave and he might dig the moulds out and spin them for you. I think you might not have the same luck with the chassis bits....

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Brian <might> have some etches or blocks, but when he was looking for Small Ben ones he didn't have much, and there were no coupling rods for it.

You might be lucky..

But over time who knows what will be re-introduced.

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

For the Modified Hall, this is is not necessarily a problem (Comet and Perseverance). For the 15xx, there is a big gap.

And presumably - assuming I'm remembering my history correctly - the 15XX was originally a K's kit which hardly compares quality wise with - say - the 16XX which originated with Cotswold and was streets ahead in the standard of the castings.

The Stanier 3P 2-6-2 was from the Cotswold stable too ;-) so likewise has very good castings but would require a new chassis as time and priorities allow.

I have been very interested to hear the range is back and wish it every success.

Thank you for bringing this range back from the dead. There are a lot of the former K's and Nucast range I had always meant to buy but couldn't afford at the time.

A couple of questions for you. 1. Will all the kits have new chassis as they are released? 2. Will various separate parts be available as per the current South Eastern Finecast policy?

Best of luck with the re-introductions. I'm looking forward to all the old GWR and South Wales models becoming available again.

Dave

In an ideal world we would update all the chassis but as we live in the commercial world it will be on a kit by kit basis.

Contact South Eastern Fincast for supply of all the whitemetal parts. It will be on 'best endevours' with kits that have not been reissued yet, some moulds are in poor condition.

Contact Branchlines for brass castings and etchings but there are very limited stocks of only a few items for the kits currently not in production. 

Dave

Will the kits be added to the existing websites or have their own one, as details like prices and whether they are bodyline only kits will be of use

Thanks

ps Good to see you using the site

At the moment there is no plan to add them to either Finecast or Branchlines.  As we reintroduce more kits, it's likely that a dedicated web site will be set up.

• 6 months later...

This month I have built the J70 and the Railcar both look and run really well on Black Beetle motor bogies with DCC fitted.

I still have a problem to solve in that the roof of the Railcar seems under size by a couple of MM all round and does not extend to the body.

If its still in two parts ? Add a piece of plastikard of correct thickness to the centre and sand smooth, if one piece Roof cut in centre and use the same method to stretch the Roof. Try and grind some metal from inside the roof as the railcar weighs a ton.

Use at a minimum a Black beetle to power as well. The recommended Tenshodo bogie cant pull the skin of a rice pud.

• RMweb Premium

Can these be purchased online anywhere?

Cheers

South Eastern Finecast I would presume ! :angel:

I'll take that as a 'no' then.  No e-commerce site that I can find, just the old style traditional phone and order system.

Edited by Tim Dubya