Nucast

Yeah, I phone Brian everytime I have some cash I don't want (or see him at shows - he's local to me)....

Lucky you. I need to relieve him of a chassis kit for the NLR 0-6-0T at some stage....

Edited by Horsetan

Yeah, I phone Brian everytime I have some cash I don't want (or see him at shows - he's local to

Was just wondering about SEF.

It's old fashioned phone or letter with S E Finecast.

Dave is one of the nicest guys to deal with and do his utmost to look after you.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

According to the list I picked up yesterday:

NC007  J70 Tram engine

NC119  LNER Sentinel railcar

NC120  Sentinel shunter

NC209  LMS Folwer 7F 0-8-0

NC254Z  GWR 70ft autocoach dia.A26

NC262  BR(W) 16xx pannier tank

Edited by Nile

NC007 J70 Tram engine

NC119 LNER Sentinel railcar

NC120 Sentinel shunter

NC209 LMS Folwer 7F 0-8-0

NC254Z GWR 70ft autocoach dia.A26

NC262 BR(W) 16xx pannier tank

Thanks

NC007  J70 Tram engine

NC119  LNER Sentinel railcar

NC120  Sentinel shunter

NC209  LMS Folwer 7F 0-8-0

NC262  BR(W) 16xx pannier tank

Neil

Any idea of the prices please

• RMweb Premium

Lucky you. I need to relieve him of a chassis kit for the NLR 0-6-0T at some stage....

Well, if you come to *Larkrail in July, he'll be there so you could ask him to bring one for you to collect.  You'll also be able to enjoy a Captain Kernow made sarnie.

* only a short hop down the GWML to 71G (or 82F, if you're of that persuasion).

Trouble is, we'll know what you look like if you turn up!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Well, if you come to *Larkrail in July, he'll probably be there (details not yet finalised, AFAIK) so you could ask him to bring one for you to collect.  You'll also be able to enjoy a Captain Kernow made sarnie.

He's got quite a long face judging by his avatar :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Well, if you come to *Larkrail in July, he'll probably be there (details not yet finalised, AFAIK) so you could ask him to bring one for you to collect.  You'll also be able to enjoy a Captain Kernow made sarnie.

That link goes to last year's show details.

I think they keep the downloadable PDF price list up to date. 

The NuCast development is a bit too recent to have made it in time for the 1st Jan. 2016 list.

Hopefully the spare parts backup will be every bit as good as the legendary SEF service.

Did the list give the price for the autocoach as I would be interested in picking one up. Being at the other end of the world I get very envious of all you back "home" * who can chase up the suppliers in person at shows or at their places of business. The Adelaide Train Show, held over the weekend just finished, was very weak in British outline bits and pieces for sale - unless you wanted about thirty "Flying Scotsman" clones for your collection.

Dave R

I have kept hold of my dual citizenship.

• RMweb Premium

I ordered a body only kit of the HR Small Ben from Dave and it was £60. It was on the understanding that it would be supplied with what came out of the existing moulds and would contain as much as they had (some small brass parts were not locatable). The parts supplied were very usable, and I was able to cross reference them to an original Sutherland kit, so I could then feed back to Dave what parts were originally brass, and what the missing parts were. I believe I also supplied instructions for the HR banker. (That can be supplied with Daves SEF universal triang chassis replacement etches, so a full kit should exist there.)

Andy g

• Like 1

Sorry, to make myself clear, I mean't online ordering.

Cheers

They don't offer online ordering. You'll need to write or phone them. Better yet see them at a show (they usually do ExpoEM, Scaleforum, Chatam and Ally Pally to name a few). Dave and Mick (who helps run the stand with Dave at shows) are both very friendly and helpful.

• RMweb Premium

Neil

Any idea of the prices please

I knew someone would ask this, so here goes.

NC007  J70 Tram engine  £35 body only, £65 with spud

NC119  LNER Sentinel railcar  £95 body only , £125 with spud , £140 with black beetle (Branchlines only)

NC120  Sentinel shunter  £39 bodt only , £69 with spud

NC209  LMS Folwer 7F 0-8-0  £90 with chassis

NC254Z  GWR 70ft autocoach dia.A26  £75 with wheels

NC262  BR(W) 16xx pannier tank £65 body only  , £97.50 body & chassis  , £34.50 chassis only

Guest royal signals

Hi, it's a shame  that SEF & Branchlines have not arranged a co-operated website. There are many people interested in their wares,and I am sure are losing potential sales because of a lack of a website,I am wanting to buy a Sentinel railcar (anyone any idea  which type it is based upon) ,but without the website ordering method I am reluctant to order by email then wait for a reply etc..etc,such a slower process.