Nucast

V2? Branchlines have long produced a chassis kit for that....

If it is the V2 by mix/matching tenders from the K3 kit most of the V2 tender combinations could be covered. That said, the tender in the original Nu-cast kit, being a B1/K1 type, in not really appropriate for a V2.

• 1 month later...

The letterbox rattled and it was my order for 2 chassis from Southeastern Finecast

attachicon.gifScan0073.jpg

Latest list but as the Y7 & Y8's are already it must be another LNER loco which is about to hit the stands

About half of the locos re-issued so far "now include a new etched N/S chassis 00/EM/P4 compensation compatible" .......... but what of the others ? - are the chassis NOT "00/EM/P4 compensation compatible" ??!? ( It's the C2X I'm particularly interested in - this kit IS now available )

• 4 months later...

I sopke with Dave and the R class is ready, just needs the price agreeing with Branchlines, the A class will be ready soon

I would imagine pricing will be mush the same to similar size locos in the range, my money would be on £97.50, but have no insider information  

Have a couple of photos which I will upload

• 9 months later...
On 25/09/2018 at 15:02, hayfield said:

Spoke with Dave and asked about the TVR rebuilt A class. The mould is more or less finished, next will be a test build. He hopes the model will be out just before Christmas

Looks like it might be Christmas 2019 now. Looking forward to it. One of very few loco kits I still l want.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Darwinian said:

Looks like it might be Christmas 2019 now. Looking forward to it. One of very few loco kits I still l want.

Oooooooh......... Taff Vale A class. Rhymney? Ooooooh as well.

Now we know why Hornby bought out those Western suburban coaches....

Edited by tomparryharry

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Oooooooh......... Taff Vale A class. Rhymney? Ooooooh as well.

Now we know why Hornby bought out those Western suburban coaches....

Except ... those Hornby Western suburban coaches are London and Birmingham district sets, not Cardiff.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Except ... those Hornby Western suburban coaches are London and Birmingham district sets, not Cardiff.

Yes, quite right. I'll invoke Rule 1, Docktor Who, the Tardis, and little old ladies riding Jim-Davidson motorcycles..... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

No one has posted an updated list in a while. Hopefully repaying the excellent service in replying to my enquiry in seemingly less time than the postman could have got it there. See below received last week.

2019-11-13_20_59_08.jpg.3ef2d736b1042739178ea8bd4657f742.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesss,

E mail sent late last week to check availability. Reply received today and TVR A class ordered by phone today. Dave Ellis said it should be here tomorrow.

Can’t fault service like that.

Must first finish my 7yr old Finney Aberdare that I’ve just started though.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Arrived as predicted. Great service and the castings are lovely and crisp. Boiler barrel is nicely circular too. 

Etched chassis looks fine although designed to be rigid, no half etch cutouts for  Hornblocks. Mine will probably end up with CSB despite being OO.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Jack Benson

NC151 exLSWR A12 Adams Jubilee - deep joy. 

A model that I have always dismissed as 'before' BR(S) but if the logic contained in this thread could justify an A12, then, we're in business.

Eastleigh_Locomotive_Depot_Adams_0-4-2_geograph-2980721-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg.4e8f4b2e64dd52338ec61b1a57856fdf.jpg

Eastleigh_Locomotive_Depot_Adams_0-4-2_geograph-2980721-by-Ben-Brooksbank

Stay Safe