Nucast

• RMweb Gold

Can't find any evidence of A26 autocoach running in South Wales, which may be just as well as £75 might be a stretch for a while, at least until Mr Wallet has recovered from the upcoming shock of the Baccy 94xx...

• RMweb Premium
On 29/08/2020 at 14:26, Jack Benson said:

NC151 exLSWR A12 Adams Jubilee - deep joy. 

A model that I have always dismissed as 'before' BR(S) but if the logic contained in this thread could justify an A12, then, we're in business.

Eastleigh_Locomotive_Depot_Adams_0-4-2_geograph-2980721-by-Ben-Brooksbank

Stay Safe

Excellent news, does it include a new chassis?

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Two? Am I missing something here?

Jason

Warren Shepherd has released a limited run 4 mm scale etched kit.

Looks like a 4mm scale GWR W12 cattle Wagon will be next

Regards,

Craig W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

47 minutes ago, 6892 Oakhill Grange said:

By details please.  I direct to the Warren Shephard sire but found no obvious details.

thanks

Oakhill 

Warren is in a Facebook group called GWR modellers. He posted about the 7mm scale 15xx he is releasing and was asked if he would be prepared to do it in 4mm scale. He indicated he would if there orders for 25 kits (I think) Suffice to say that there was enough interest. If you email him there might be some available - I am not sure. Delivery is imminent. Although well outside my era of interest I like the look of the 15xx and wanted to support someone prepared to do this sort f thing. That is my excuse anyway. Next up looks like it will be his W12 cattle wagon reduced to 4mm scale. There are good and bad groups on Facebook, but I like the attitudes in the GWR modellers group.

Craig W

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 18:04, DLT said:

Excellent news, does it include a new chassis?

On 30/08/2020 at 19:03, hayfield said:

It has not got an * against it so I assume its the Nucast (simple) etched version, also the chassis for the 2021 & 16xx are listed separately as spares 

I bought an A12 at Scaleforum last year, and the chassis is a couple of strips of brass with holes in them. The body castings are very good though. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

I bought an A12 at Scaleforum last year, and the chassis is a couple of strips of brass with holes in them. The body castings are very good though. 

This is the chassis that came with mine:

1066202356_IMG_3911smaller.jpg.3e02578d5d2d12088e5382f440833756.jpg

It was secondhand and part-built, and I didn't know if anything was missing

I think this was an early style of etched mainframes i-one step up from the brass bar type, came with etched NS coupling rods

The next step up would be the Alan Gibson milled brass mainframes, these can be ordered with either axle holes or hornblock slots. 

I guess the cost of design and production of an etched brass chassis may at the moment be a bit expensive

Nice to know the quality of the castings are up to Southeastern Finecast's usual standards. I have been thinking about buying one of these but the simple chassis is putting me off

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Scalelinkbob said:

Hi Folks,  Nucast Partners NC043 BR/WR 15xx in stock and on Ebay in 2 versions...

NC043 - BR WR 15xx Pannier Tank box top Picture .jpg

When CJFreezer featured these in his "Locos of The GWR" series in Railway Modeller, he described them (IIRC) as "Looking like the love-child of a 94xx Pannier and a USA Dock Tank"

Edited by DLT
  • Funny 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...