Nucast

39 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

The list from a couple of years ago shows the GWR 2021 saddle tank as available but it is not on their website. Anyone know the situation?

Jonathan

I did not think any of the Nucast Partners range was on SEF's website !! The latest list I have is dated Sept 2019 and its there, given its one with an etched chassis I guess its available long term, otherwise why go to the added expence of designing a chassis

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, the only site I found when searching on Google for Nucast Partners was the SE Finecast one. That has a long list of kits and bits but not the 2021. Obviously I was looking in the wrong place. Presumably Nucast Partners does not have its own website.

Anyway, I shall start saving.

Jonathan

34 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Sorry, the only site I found when searching on Google for Nucast Partners was the SE Finecast one. That has a long list of kits and bits but not the 2021. Obviously I was looking in the wrong place. Presumably Nucast Partners does not have its own website.

As Hayfield noted above, the Nu-Cast locos never featured on the South East Finecast site. (Nor have they featured on the seemingly moribund Branchlines Blogspot.)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/02/2021 at 10:30, Miss Prism said:

Try asking Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finescast

Apparently Dave has sold SEF to Slaters Squires, with calls being answered by them (not tried personally); the Nu-cast Partners items have been retained it seems.  So not sure what the contact procedure is for actually speaking to Dave?

Edited by polybear

5 minutes ago, polybear said:

Apparently Dave has sold SEF to Slaters, with calls being answered by them (not tried personally); the Nu-cast Partners items have been retained it seems.  So not sure what the contact procedure is for actually speaking to Dave?

SEF have been sold to Squires not slaters, I don't know if Squires are doing their own castings, or if its been subbed to someone else

On 08/02/2021 at 14:57, Bucoops said:

SE Finecast is now owned by Squires - however from Wright Writes the NuCast venture is still with Dave.

Jon

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, polybear said:

Apparently Dave has sold SEF to Slaters, with calls being answered by them (not tried personally); the Nu-cast Partners items have been retained it seems.  So not sure what the contact procedure is for actually speaking to Dave?

Thanks - I was thinking Squires but typed Slaters.  Now corrected...

2 hours ago, jonhall said:

SEF have been sold to Squires not slaters, I don't know if Squires are doing their own castings, or if its been subbed to someone else

Jon

The casting machinery was bought by Squires and has been removed from SEF's premises, although I believe Dave has retained some equipment to cast the NuCast products. 

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the heads up re Squires.

Are the chassis packs going to be made available through them or will Dave be continuing to supply these?

I'm contemplating a G6, but it needs a chassis etc.

Cheers chaps

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Thanks for the heads up re Squires.

Are the chassis packs going to be made available through them or will Dave be continuing to supply these?

I'm contemplating a G6, but it needs a chassis etc.

Cheers chaps

Tim, I was able to order the chassis only kit (for the 16XX, at least) direct from Branchlines themselves, by ringing the Westbury number.

I'm sure Brian would be able to sell you a complete NuCast Partners kit if you wanted one, he certainly used to have them on his stand at exhibitions.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Thanks 1

I had a nice chat with Oliver Squire yesterday. 

My understanding is that all the assets and stock for the SEF kits have now passed to Squires and Dave Ellis will retain and continue with the Nucast Partners kits. I do not know if they have actually started to cast the kits again, but are probably just getting everything sorted and catalogued into their system. I was advised that Dave will continue to assist them with any problems until they get everything running normally on a day to day basis.

With regard to the possibility of new kits being produced, I think that the principal problem is that there is a lack of people who can do the pattern making, which apparently has to be done in metal so that the moulds can be vulcanised.

Branchlines would as suggested probably be the best point of contact for the Nucast kits.

I hope that this helps to verify the situation.

All the best

Ray

Edited by wainwright1
spelling corrected
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
On 12/02/2021 at 11:39, Captain Kernow said:

Tim, I was able to order the chassis only kit (for the 16XX, at least) direct from Branchlines themselves, by ringing the Westbury number.

I'm sure Brian would be able to sell you a complete NuCast Partners kit if you wanted one, he certainly used to have them on his stand at exhibitions.

Cheers Cpt. et al

Here's Brian's latest NuCast list and motors etc.

Screenshot_20210215-104306.png

NuCast list 01.21.pdf M&G pdf 01.21.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

There's more....

Been having a 'chat' with the lovely folks at Squires, about the SEF range and they've sent me their latest  a 2019 catalogue/ price list.

'ere 'tis & enjoy

PriceList.pdf

Edit: Date amended
+
I've also noticed (on Facebook) that Squires are recruiting for a Vacuum Forming Machine Operator, I guess for the flush glaze and building sheets?  Good news if so, looks like they've really gone for it!

https://www.facebook.com/jobs/job-opening/446799259701153/?source=post_permlink

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Have followed this thread with interest. I did contact Dave by phone a few eeks ago, after being given his number by Ben Alder. As I understand, he was waiting for casting machine/s and indicated that little will be happening for a month or two at least. I have a particular interest in a Pickersgill class 72 4-4-0, which I believe was previously in the NuCast range, and agreed to phone him again about early May. I am guessing from the above posts, that it is unlikely there will be any stock or parts for the kit with Brian for example. At the moment, I am thinking of maybe? doing a scratch-build, in case nothing positive is on the horizon for quite some time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...