Nucast

I have a chat with Dave just after the sale of SEF and there are things in the pipeline, but at that time nothing firmed up

I think the first jobs is to assess the moulds and masters, the etched side is being handled at Branchlines

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Which I magine is the old Ks kit. I already have two of these bought of eBay

But I'm guessing it will have a much more modern etched chassis!

Andy g

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, uax6 said:

But I'm guessing it will have a much more modern etched chassis!

Andy g

Hopefully yes it will have a new etched chassis, but it may have the older style NuCast simple etched chassis. Two or three years back I had a chat with Dave at a show where he said they may use existing chassis where they had them in quantity, plus I don't think every new release has a new chassis

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I’d just share my experience with NuCast partners in the last week.
I needed a few spare parts to fix up a second hand loco which is in the rereleased range. After an email to Dave Ellis address I received a prompt reply with price for the parts I needed and following the bank holiday phoned up to sort out card details. The parts were then cast up and posted to me the same afternoon and reached me safely today, very good clean castings too.

All in all I’m incredibly  happy with the service I received for a few quids worth of small parts but still felt as valued as someone buying a full kit.

OliverSR

• Like 10

11 hours ago, OliverSR said:

Thought I’d just share my experience with NuCast partners in the last week.
I needed a few spare parts to fix up a second hand loco which is in the rereleased range. After an email to Dave Ellis address I received a prompt reply with price for the parts I needed and following the bank holiday phoned up to sort out card details. The parts were then cast up and posted to me the same afternoon and reached me safely today, very good clean castings too.

All in all I’m incredibly  happy with the service I received for a few quids worth of small parts but still felt as valued as someone buying a full kit.

OliverSR

Same response me , I asked re small parts for a NuCast J21 which is not in the current list. Same day reply via email, the kit is confirmed  and still  not current. but they were willing to try and find the moulds for the  couple of parts I need. Very impressed with the  response.

As I only need some minor cab fittings and I dont think the Nucast kit provided many parts for the Cab area I declined with thanks ,and have sourced the bits I need via Dave Bradwells NER castings (another highly recomended supplier and response via email).

• 1 month later...

After wondering how to get hold of a kit I decided to do the obvious thing. An email to Branchlines produced a reply and a few days later a call to Brian (I am in Australia) saw card details exchanged. Today a 2021 class saddle tank kit arrived. Crisp white metal castings and a nickel- silver chassis, it seems pretty good to me.

Regards,

Craig W

IMG_E5783.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Branchlines, P.O. Box 4293, WESTBURY, BA13 9AA, UK

Tel./Fax:  +44(0)1373 822231

Mon.-Thurs. 9.30-13.00, 14.00-18.00

I have attached their most up to date list having just ordered from Brian. What fab service.  Not sure if its of interest or relevance but I've also attached the Branchlines parts. 

Their service is great.

NuCast list 09.21.pdfNuCast list 09.21.pdf

Cat 4mm Loco Accessories pdf 01.21.pdf

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Just to add my two pence worth, Nu-Cast Partners (Branchlines and SEF) offer a really good service and I would recommend the kits. I have built a C2X 0-6-0 and a U class 2-6-0 with great results. Long may they prosper!

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MR Chuffer said:

Hey!!! And from the NuCast list 09.21.pdf, item NC012 - MR/LMS Kirtley 2F/1F 0-6-0, Christmas come early......

I'm trying to understand what is included in this kit. I assume not wheels/axles, gearbox, motor. Since there is no asterisk, not newly-designed etched frames. So what form does the chassis take?

9 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm trying to understand what is included in this kit. I assume not wheels/axles, gearbox, motor. Since there is no asterisk, not newly-designed etched frames. So what form does the chassis take?

I would check. As the 15XX doesn't say "etched chassis", but I'm pretty sure it's got one along with the valve gear. Some of the kits were revamped a few years ago. Some of the later kits had etched chassis from new such as the SR Lord Nelson.

They don't come with wheels/motor/etc. 

Jason

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I would check.

You're right of course. No substitute for speaking to the human beings themselves! (Said with feeling: just been arguing with a stupid bank website bot!)

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2021 at 15:24, Compound2632 said:

The kit includes an etched brass chassis for the loco and a N/S one for the tender that includes pull rods. (These are the same as provided by Autocom and not the original stamped brass plates that K's used. We've added some whitemetal brakes for the tender.  For the loco we have provided an additional brass sheet with brake blocks and pull rods or though you can barely see them.1818587609_IMG_01031.jpg.046696eed3b5b152283792daaba1f357.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3