Nucast

We have reissued in a limited run the Pickersgill 4-4-0.  As we are unsure of how well it will sell, we still had a small stock of the Autocom chassis to use up.  This maybe the only chance to get this model.  Like all our other reissues we have remade the moulds to bring back the crispness of the castings

608919793_pickyphoto.jpg.e6fda50b1bb369a83dfa10596bc38095.jpg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So what next for reissues.  we've been asked for the GWR Armstrong Goods and that is likely to come out soon followed by the Dean Tender version too.

We've been asked for the LNER E4, but how many other people would like like a kit?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Kitman said:

So what next for reissues.  we've been asked for the GWR Armstrong Goods and that is likely to come out soon followed by the Dean Tender version too.

We've been asked for the LNER E4, but how many other people would like like a kit?

Fantastic news!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Kitman said:

We have reissued in a limited run the Pickersgill 4-4-0.  As we are unsure of how well it will sell, we still had a small stock of the Autocom chassis to use up.  This maybe the only chance to get this model.  Like all our other reissues we have remade the moulds to bring back the crispness of the castings

608919793_pickyphoto.jpg.e6fda50b1bb369a83dfa10596bc38095.jpg

How much is this please?

• RMweb Gold

Regarding the E4 I know David Eveleigh is intending to produce an etched kit - not sure how that is progressing however.

I understand there are issues with the Gibson kit (and its availability) so I would say there is definitely a market for one from somebody.

2 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Is this you doing the casting as Squires appear to be having great difficulty with getting orders fulfilled - I have an order for SEF parts which has now been outstanding since July?

I know Squires are having problems getting etch orders fulfilled, but not aware of issues with castings which are done in house.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Kitman said:

Anything Scottish might be popular.

• Agree 1

We still get lots of people asking for either products formally made by us  and also spares for Finecast locos.

We can no longer supply any of those parts as they now belong to Squires. Nor do we do any casting for Squires for the South Eastern Finecast  range.

We can supply almost all castings from the ex Autocom Nucast range, not just parts from the reissued kits.  However some of the old moulds are in poor condition so parts may not be up to the standard we would wish.  We also stock Romford / Markits and Scale Link wheels. For etched parts it's best to contact Branchlines but we do all the whitemetal casting here at Forest Row.

• Like 8

The GWR 2500 Gal tender is the same one as supplied with the ex K's kits for the Dean Goods, the Beyer Peacock and some of the 4-4-0's.  However it looks to be a completely new kit from the K's one as it has a lot of detail.  It also has a separate etched chassis.   It is not the very early one that looks similar to the Armstrong tender that I've seen in some pictures.  Hope that helps

Edited by Kitman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kitman said:

The GWR 2500 Gal tender is the same one as supplied with the ex K's kits for the Dean Goods, the Beyer Peacock and some of the 4-4-0's.  However it looks to be a completely new kit from the K's one as it has a lot of detail.  It also has a separate etched chassis.   It is not the very early one that looks similar to the Armstrong tender that I've seen in some pictures.  Hope that helps

Could that one be from the Nucast kits or even Sutherland?

ISTR the Flower 3000 gallon tender I've got was a lot more sophisticated than the K's kit versions that I have.

Jason

Can you be more specific about the FR 0-6-0 as far as we know we do not have any FR locos in the range, but otherwise orders for those parts for most kits can be accommodated.  Some tenders have etched chassis and we may not have those in stock.

we do not know the full history of how these kits were mixed and matched with the other ranges but certainly at least some of the GWR  tenders do look to have more detail than the K's ones.  But as we have not yet produced any kit requiring a tender we can't be sure.

Edited by Kitman

From the days when when my Dad used to call in at K's in Banbury, he was told that the short GWR 2000 Gal tender, was no longer available. It came as standard with the early Dean goods/Beyer etc but was replaced by the longer tender.

Mike Wiltshire

813006139_ByerGoodsKs.jpg.5a9cf0228315b39b3edf6aed3114883d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I don't think it was 2000gal but 2500gal.   The moulds exist and are fairly modern (probably from Autocom days), The loco body moulds are probably the K's originals and are worn out.  The tender is much more detailed than the original K's one would have been, probably for a new redesigned tender it has an etched chassis or though at the moment we can not find the etch tool ref to be able to order them.

Who would be intrested in the Beyer Peacock kit being reintroduced? If we can, we would try to add some extra parts especially some suitable cab detail if we can.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I don't think it was 2000gal but 2500gal.   The moulds exist and are fairly modern (probably from Autocom days), The loco body moulds are probably the K's originals and are worn out.  The tender is much more detailed than the original K's one would have been, probably for a new redesigned tender it has an etched chassis or though at the moment we can not find the etch tool ref to be able to order them.

Who would be intrested in the Beyer Peacock kit being reintroduced? If we can, we would try to add some extra parts especially some suitable cab detail if we can.

I'd definitely be interested in that.