Nucast

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Kitman said:

Can you be more specific about the FR 0-6-0 as far as we know we do not have any FR locos in the range, but otherwise orders for those parts for most kits can be accommodated.  Some tenders have etched chassis and we may not have those in stock.

we do not know the full history of how these kits were mixed and matched with the other ranges but certainly at least some of the GWR  tenders do look to have more detail than the K's ones.  But as we have not yet produced any kit requiring a tender we can't be sure.

Sorry, my mistake it was done by Millholme rather than Nucast. 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Denbridge said:

Maybe Squires can help you since they now own the Millholme range.

Indeed. I'll leave it a good while as an order for spare parts placed at the beginning of July has not been delivered. As it stands I ordered 21 spare parts for 3 kits and they hope to get six of the parts to me by the end of the month.  

On 10/11/2021 at 23:19, Kitman said:

I don't think it was 2000gal but 2500gal.   The moulds exist and are fairly modern (probably from Autocom days), The loco body moulds are probably the K's originals and are worn out.  The tender is much more detailed than the original K's one would have been, probably for a new redesigned tender it has an etched chassis or though at the moment we can not find the etch tool ref to be able to order them.

Who would be intrested in the Beyer Peacock kit being reintroduced? If we can, we would try to add some extra parts especially some suitable cab detail if we can.

The Beyer Peacock 0-6-0 is definitely on my wanted list. Just need sufficient warning to save up for one.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest reissue, available from today is the much requested  NC271 GWR Armstrong Goods (with Armstrong Tender).  Price is £120 plus £5 p&p.  Wheels and motor/gear box are not included but can be bought from us.

A whitemetal kit but with etched nickel silver parts for the outside frames. Included is an etched brass chassis with etched N/S coupling rods.  The kit includes outside cranks, but our model has been built using Markits deluxe outside crank axles.

The kit contains a number of variations to build round top or belpare firebox versions . Long or short smokebox with 3 different front plates and smokebox doors. There are also numerous boiler fitting variations. 

The tender includes options to use etched coal rails or the larger side fenders fitted to some as depicted in the box photograph.  We hope to reissue the GWR 2500 gal tender version soon (NC271Z).

NC271 - GWR Armstrong Goods box top picture.jpg

Edited by Kitman
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Lovely to see this make a come-back.

Chris Phillips built one for me many moons ago, using the old kit. I don't have it anymore, but it was a favourite at the time.

image.png.1e5c70eedccccc3642f04b7c357b6df2.png

• Like 4

We have considered the Small Ben and would like to bring that back soon (and perhaps the Highland Banker too). but we are missing the sprue of lost wax fine detail castings.  We need somebody to loan the sprue so we can use it to make a sub-master first.  There's a challenge for people

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Kitman said:

The latest reissue, available from today is the much requested  NC271 GWR Armstrong Goods (with Armstrong Tender).  Price is £120 plus £5 p&p.  Wheels and motor/gear box

NC271 - GWR Armstrong Goods box top picture.jpg

Wonderful!   Shall order mine next month after xmas madness is done for another year.

Mark

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having lost out in an auction on that well-known site for a Kirtley curve-framed 2F I ordered one from Dave late Wednesday and it was delivered Friday morning. Excellent service. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2021 at 14:43, Kitman said:

We have considered the Small Ben and would like to bring that back soon (and perhaps the Highland Banker too). but we are missing the sprue of lost wax fine detail castings.  We need somebody to loan the sprue so we can use it to make a sub-master first.  There's a challenge for people

Which bits are you short of? I might have a sprue in one of the boxes, although it is quite likely it would be individual parts now...

Andy G

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, actually the Banker and the Wee Ben are both Ex Sutherland kits... Interestingly I had Dave spin me a banker from the moulds a couple of years ago, and its shorter than the Sutherland ones! Not by much, but at least a couple of mm!

Andy G

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, uax6 said:

Yes, actually the Banker and the Wee Ben are both Ex Sutherland kits... Interestingly I had Dave spin me a banker from the moulds a couple of years ago, and its shorter than the Sutherland ones! Not by much, but at least a couple of mm!

Andy G

I have a Sutherland one stashed away I had forgotten about it!

Will  have a look

Are there any plans to re-introduce the TVR Hudswell-Clark 0-4-0?  I built one from the K's kit years ago which is now on its third (and last!)  scratchbuilt chassis with a High Level 108-1 gear set, it toddles along beautifully and I'd love another one!

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2022 at 16:30, Rowsley17D said:

Having lost out in an auction on that well-known site for a Kirtley curve-framed 2F I ordered one from Dave late Wednesday and it was delivered Friday morning. Excellent service. 

I'll be most interested to see how you get on with it.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Just started it today, Derek. I'll be putting it up on my build thread.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/160985-midland-1p-0-4-4t-by-craftsman-models/&tab=comments#comment-4255638

It will start on page 4.

I started with the tender which is about to go into boiling water to get it apart again as the back isn't wide enough.

Edited by Rowsley17D

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, THS92-GWR-NO said:

Any chance there is somewhere to find this kit still? 

"NuCast Partners - ex-M&SWJR 1334 - 2-4-0 - NC257" 

eBay

I now have a couple, a newer one with a basic brass chassis for loco and tender and an earlier one part built, without its cast chassis. Both came from eBay

Now it might be a case that the partnership will reintroduce the kit, or may have spare etched chassis. I have learnt to buy something I want when I see it (providing its not being sold for silly money) even if its not in pristine condition, just in case I don't see one again. If I find a better example I can always buy that as well 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, hayfield said:

eBay

I now have a couple, a newer one with a basic brass chassis for loco and tender and an earlier one part built, without its cast chassis. Both came from eBay

Now it might be a case that the partnership will reintroduce the kit, or may have spare etched chassis. I have learnt to buy something I want when I see it (providing its not being sold for silly money) even if its not in pristine condition, just in case I don't see one again. If I find a better example I can always buy that as well 

Just figured I'd check in case someone knew of some place it would be obtainable except ebay ;)