Where are PDH Drawing Services? - resolved

• RMweb Premium

I sent away for a book of the drawings by PDH Drawing Services before I found this topic but clearly they have fulfilled orders in the past.

Looking at the PDH Drawing Services web site and their PayPal details . . . 

PDH Drawing Services give a mobile phone number which does not exist

PDH Drawing Services give a landline phone number for a property they left around 5 years ago

(a landline now used by a person who acts as unwitting forced receptionist)

PDH Drawing Services give an email address which they seem to ignore

PDH Drawing Services took money through their web site but two weeks later have not acknowledged my order.

I'm now waiting for the Paypal dispute process to run its course.

But I've got a week or so to save the day - has anyone had recent dealings with this firm, and possibly some contact details that work?

If you are PDH Drawings and you are reading this, the ball is firmly in your court.

- Richard.

Edited by 47137

Hi Richard

There has been a number of posts on the Gauge O Guild forum expressing similar problems to those you have encountered.

One post in August this year gave the impression that the concern had ceased trading.

Regards.

• RMweb Premium

Well I never - the postman has delivered the book this afternoon. There is no invoice or other paperwork in the package, but it has arrived. So I must call off the PayPal claim process.

One first look at the drawing I really wanted, for the BR class 11, shows the wrong wheel diameter. I suspect these drawings are nice to look at, but unsuitable to model making.

The dispute is over; and 'let the buyer beware'.

I still feel sorry for the chap with the old landline phone. I'll give him a ring, tell him the return address on the back of the package.

- Richard.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I ordered off them again about a year ago and still nothing :/

Interestingly, his website seems to have disappeared

www.pdhdrawings.co.uk

So I rather think that he's closed down?

Interestingly, his website seems to have disappeared

www.pdhdrawings.co.uk

So I rather think that he's closed down?

Well that figures... I ordered a drawing last month. No reply to emails so got my money back off PayPal.

• RMweb Premium

Bought a few emu drawing books from PDH via eBay several years ago. Basic CAD drawings not very accurate.

Not worth getting.

Darius

Understatement of the year.....

• RMweb Premium

Their web site still gives the address of the company as motor vessel Karelia, this information is unchanged since November 2015. You could telephone the boat yard, but the vessel had left when I called them back then.

The drawings I received were neatly-done sketches, possibly suitable for use as an adult colouring book but hopelessly inaccurate for model-making. I put the book in the bin. You win some, you lose some.

- Richard.

• 7 months later...

Hi, just wanted to share that all of the above still stands with this seller.

No confirmation of order after payment made. (No items received ether).

Email address bounces back as undeliverable.

Phone number is of a house he lived in 8 years ago! Current owner taking all his calls.

Apparently he lives on a narrow boat but takes it out of the marina so can't be reached through there either. 

I recommend that people do not use this guy.

Tom