Bord na Mona Railways

Nearholmer

• RMweb Premium

I went over to video and photograph the remaining BnM lines earlier this year. Had an excellent time and made very welcome by the staff.  I’ll post a link to the video once it’s edited - will be later in the year though.  I’ve also made one of the Narrow Planet Waggonmasters, but really want a 7mm scale version.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 10:19, ColinK said:

I went over to video and photograph the remaining BnM lines earlier this year. Had an excellent time and made very welcome by the staff.  I’ll post a link to the video once it’s edited - will be later in the year though.  I’ve also made one of the Narrow Planet Waggonmasters, but really want a 7mm scale version.

What did you do about the chassis for the NP Wagonmaster kit? I was hoping to try and fit a slighty more accurate 3ft gauge chassis. Be very interested to see how you have tackled it.

• RMweb Premium

I used the recommended Lilliput O&K shunter chassis obtained secondhand.  However, it is to a newer design than that used in the instructions as it has lighting, a working roof beacon and DCC socket. A fair bit of work was needed to the chassis to make it fit, as a result I didn't narrow it as that would have made it difficult to fit to the body.

IMG_1835.JPG.71c7f4a74ce42d348e304866d36ce1db.JPG

IMG_1853D.JPG.7e8c0fa7fa0175d3e2c064c7cd35ca6e.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG.ac0fb2681d3add4713d1703783dddb74.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Thanks for that, appreciated. I was hoping to build mine to 3ft gauge like my other BnM stock. Probably means building a custom chassis, which I'm not very good at. 

Pity the system is being run down, I found it fascinating and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Years ago I produced a stock book and video for Midland Publishing.  Maybe I ought to edit together some of the unused footage for another video as it is all historical now.

• Like 1

I had a look at that bookazine with the long article about BnM in WHS earlier - well worth a buy if you’re not already well au fait with the topic, and they’ve done fantastically well to source such a lovely set of colour photos from the dates they have.