Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I can't seem to see it mentioned anywhere else. Apologies if it has.

The LT Museum has announced that they have commissioned Bachmann to produce the two tube map liveried 66/7's.

Samples were on view at the NEC - sorry didn't get any photos.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

I have to say I think these models, particularly the tube map variety are the finest printing I have ever seen on a production model. Apparently it's digitally printed onto the surface rather than traditional tampo.

It almost made me want a 66.

attachicon.gifLT_66_map_1_small.jpg

attachicon.gifLT_66_map_2_small.jpg

attachicon.gifLT_66_2_small.jpg

attachicon.gifLT_66_2_2_small.jpg

Almost? You're a tough cookie to break down...!

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/models/trams-and-trains/product/Bachmann-2015-class-66-sir-peter-hendy.html

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/models/trams-and-trains/product/Bachmann-2015-class-66-harry-beck.html

Utterly, wonderfully, fantastic. Added gain is they support a truly wonderful museum. Links above to notify. Apparently has been in development for years and well, the pain staking planning has paid off in what I hope many shall agree, the best livery application ever! (in my mind)

• RMweb Premium

Congrats to Bachmann on a very fine printing job. It's certainly something different. I am feeling my age though. Seems to me it's becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish between graffiti and what goes for modern liveries these days!

Aha! I was keeping my twitching fingers off the keyboard until I read that. I quite agree. To my mind, splattering an image onto a locomotive with no consideration as to orientation or size, leading to images cut off in odd ways is not attractive. Another lit fuse is children's designs. Some aren't bad but to copy every jiggly line faithfully instead of neatening the drawing does not produce a good result. At the other extreme, plain rail blue on slab sides wasn't very appealing either.

The efforts made in the days of green with side stripes was an example of how to do it well. I particularly like the way the yellow panel on the front of 47s lined up with the lighter green side stripe.

Not all is lost. There are some very attractive liveries around nowadays. DRS 68s, for example.

Apologies. That was all very personal opinion. I should not post after having marmalade laced with whiskey on my toast.

• Like 1