Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

Very nice liveries it's just a shame we don't currently have the GBRf coal / bio hoppers for them to pull.

Will just have to live with the MJA from Dapol and the TEA tanks from Revolution Trains (if they get enough people interested).

Both Very Nice Liveries Indeed, Being Down In Bristol, I Have Seen Both On The West Burton - Portbury Gypsum in the last 2 Months.

May Have a go at using the two locomotives when they both ran top and tailed as 6X03 Kidderminster - Wellingborough with 6 JNA/MLA and a LMS Inspection Saloon. https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=66718%206X03

Bit the bullet so to speak and put my name down for both.

Matt

Edited by Matt Wardrobe

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have these already been produced by Bachmann for one of the operators or for TfL as promotional models? I ask, because I am 99% sure that I've seen the pair on top of a bookcase in a Director's office somewhere.

K

Samples have already been made/approved and were on show at the NEC show in November. Maybe it's a couple of those?

Cheers,

Mick

Have these already been produced by Bachmann for one of the operators or for TfL as promotional models? I ask, because I am 99% sure that I've seen the pair on top of a bookcase in a Director's office somewhere.

K

Olivias were advertising both versions on their website until recently - as resprays with graphic overlays. The black one is still listed under the "Olivias Specials" section..

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-diesel/Bachmann-class-66/Bachmann-class-66-options-in-gbrf-livery-2/Bachmann-class-66-718-sir-peter-hendy-cbe-in-gbrf-tfl-transport-livery/

I going to as soon as LTM allow you to do so.. (have only been able to register an interest so far) :scratchhead:

Hi see William post further up as it has the links to pre-order both models now. LTM sent out emails today saying its now available to do so as I've just ordered mine today.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Its funny, ive been looking forward to getting these since they were announced but now its time to actually order them i cant be bothered, same with the rail express rainbow 66, i know i'll regret it in the long run but i cant bear to part with the best part of £450 for 3 locos!

I may just go for one of them, just got to choose which one

• RMweb Gold

Apparently in stock now

the emails say "in stock now" but its actually just advising they are available for pre-order when you go to the webshop, i know i got all excited this morning!

** Due for release Summer 2016 - Available to pre-order**

Hi see William post further up as it has the links to pre-order both models now. LTM sent out emails today saying its now available to do so as I've just ordered mine today.

Thanks

Mark

Mark when you pre-ordered did you have to pay upfront as per the Rail Express Models.

Just to confirm.

I was in London yesterday and visited the shop.

The email was totally wrong - they aren't in stock and still aren't expected until the summer.

No idea what happened there, but the lady I spoke to rang the depot to check and advise them that their email wording was incorrect.

Went online to order the Harry Beck one and surprised it had sold out. A phone call to LT later and they say that it's just the 'first batch' that's sold out and they're expecting more. Apparently the first batch was around 100 models which they hadn't expected to sell so fast. They were unable to say when the next batch would be released. I think that Bachmann runs are just over 500 so order as soon as you get the next mail and things should be fine. Here's hoping.

Mal

• RMweb Gold

Went online to order the Harry Beck one and surprised it had sold out. A phone call to LT later and they say that it's just the 'first batch' that's sold out and they're expecting more. Apparently the first batch was around 100 models which they hadn't expected to sell so fast. They were unable to say when the next batch would be released. I think that Bachmann runs are just over 500 so order as soon as you get the next mail and things should be fine. Here's hoping.

Mal

Thanks for that information Mal, it explains a lot.

I got the invitation to purchase email from the Museum at 10.30am on January 4th and got an acknowledgement at 11:48am that my order had been processed. At the time that I placed my order I was sure that the message "Due for release Summer 2016 - Available to pre-order" did not appear on the item description - otherwise I would not have paid in advance to order it. That message must have appeared after the initial batch has been sold.

Although the wording of the messages that come out from the trading arm of the museum are somewhat confusing at times there is some logic behind it!!

Keith

Thanks for that information Mal, it explains a lot.

I got the invitation to purchase email from the Museum at 10.30am on January 4th and got an acknowledgement at 11:48am that my order had been processed. At the time that I placed my order I was sure that the message "Due for release Summer 2016 - Available to pre-order" did not appear on the item description - otherwise I would not have paid in advance to order it. That message must have appeared after the initial batch has been sold.

Although the wording of the messages that come out from the trading arm of the museum are somewhat confusing at times there is some logic behind it!!

Keith

It seems a strange scenario to release in batches of 100.

Unless it's due to the printing process and they are being made in batches of 100 or to a saleable amount....

Interestingly the Black Tube Loco 66718 is still available to order...

Love both of these models. Saw them for a long time on Olivias trains but never thought of buying but now they are being commissioned by LTM i've preordered the Sir Peter Hendy and will wait for the Beck one to come back in stock.

I bought the S-Stock model a few months ago and was really impressed by it. Just need LTM and Bachmann to commission the class 378 Overground stock and i'll be happy. Having staff discount though does definitely help with these pricey purchases :)

Really like the different liveries on these 3. Think they add a nice difference in colour to the network. I really like the class 66's and would love to own them but it comes down to price for me and also the nagging thought - how long are these liveries going to be retained? the rainbow one has been around for a good few years now i believe so just concerned it will be changed fairly soon after arrival - could be wrong! 

The other thing for me is I'm looking forward to the class 68's from Dapol (quite like my DRS's) of which I think I'd rather spend the money on! The prototype looked really got at Warley!

Thanks

Ali

Mal

Just to add a little to this. The LTM have told me that indeed "around 500" of each model is being produced which I guess means either 504 or 512 as that is the normal Bachmann limited edition run (or multiples of). They also said that the remaining batch of models are to be split between in-store and online availability - not sure if that is an equal split. So as suggested above I wouldn't hang around when 'Harry Beck' becomes available to pre-order again if you want to secure one and wont have easy access to visit the museum when they are released.

I'm not so sure however about the emerging trend to pay up front when pre-ordering limited edition models (that is the case for both these and Rail Express' 66 720). Normal protocol was for payment to be taken upon despatch.