Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

I received  both of my confirmation emails today so I should hopefully have the models by the end of the week. I ordered Sir Peter Hendy on 04/01/2016 and Harry Beck on 21/03/2016

Just got confirmation that both are waiting for me when I get home from work today. Can't wait!

Have also received confirmation this morning by e-mail that my model of " Harry Beck" is on its way to me.

Item ordered early January!

Update -- postman arrived just after mid-day. Signed for recorded delivery.

Model looks fantastic -- well pleased. Hope it runs as good as it looks!

Bachmann are doing with the 66, what Hornby did for many years with their 37 and 47. Pumping out an endless variation of shed liveries, but at least they have a few different detail variants when compared to the Hornby offerings

I don't think they'll ever upgrade it.  Someone else will.

Cheers,

Mick

Is that a bad thing if it's a decent model, although we've not had that many in the last couple of years, two EWS limited editions last year and a Colas ?

Although this year is a bumper year, sheds galore.....

• RMweb Premium

I received Harry Beck today and have to say that its a fabulous looking model.  Earlier in the thread there was a discussion about whether or not etched nameplates were supplied and, unless i've been shortchanged, it would appear that they aren't included which is a shame, particularly bearing in mind the RRP….

• RMweb Premium

I received Harry Beck today and have to say that its a fabulous looking model.  Earlier in the thread there was a discussion about whether or not etched nameplates were supplied and, unless i've been shortchanged, it would appear that they aren't included which is a shame, particularly bearing in mind the RRP….

There are etched nameplates in my two. Stuck to the plastic sleeve along with the detail pack.

However, no measurements where to fit them. (My original 66701 many years ago had a dimensioned diagram) Photos will have to be perused.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

There are etched nameplates in my two. Stuck to the plastic sleeve along with the detail pack.

However, no measurements where to fit them. (My original 66701 many years ago had a dimensioned diagram) Photos will have to be perused.

Cheers,

Mick

Mmm  - I see an interesting conversation with someone at The LT shop in my future…..!

:fie:

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't going to joint the 'me too' brigade but mine has arrived too, no email confirmation but I did order it face to face in the shop a few months back, I think I may well be ringing them back in Friday to order the other one (that I changed for this one last minute!)

As mick says the etched plates are under the loco attached to the blister packaging under the detailing parts

2F108DFF-919A-436A-9FEE-6A6566F021EF.jpg

• Like 3

harry beck arrived today (ordered the 4th jan) and with it's nameplates just a shame there is no info on where to stick them. 

not a huge fan of modern traction but how could i resist this livery. testing her tomorrow when i'm down the club :)

thanks 

Jamie D

Also had an email today saying my 66721 Harry Beck has been despatched.

Very pleased with mine which arrived today. Nameplates included. Think its the nicest of the three 66's I've bought so far.

What's the large rectangular black plastic thing in the accessories bag..?? I cannot find mention of it in the instructions :read:

• RMweb Premium

Very pleased with mine which arrived today. Nameplates included. Think its the nicest of the three 66's I've bought so far.

What's the large rectangular black plastic thing in the accessories bag..?? I cannot find mention of it in the instructions :read:

It's the speaker housing.

Cheers,

Mick

They look nicely printed.

Do you think Bachmann will upgrade the 66, or is it still good enough 10 years on ?

These new models are absolutely beautifully printed, however yes, the Bachmann 66 is definitely showing its age and looking a tad 'Railroad' by today's standards.

• RMweb Premium

I think it still looks pretty good.

What made me laugh was the detailing pack with vacuum brake style nobly pipes that the less observant stuck straight in the bufferbeam.

Hopefully they come with air brakes now !!

I've started using my large stock of spare air pipes from my Dapol HIAs...................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

So went to test mine at the model club tonight . And only the lights work , all the lights come on but nothing happens with motor not a sound. I'm going to email the museum to see what I can do

It's a shame as it really is a beautifully painted model

• RMweb Premium

I popped a call into LTM this morning and the nameplate issue has been resolved satisfactorily.  It seems that i'm not the only one to receive the model without nameplates as they've had a number of calls.  If anyone is in the same boat, the contact at LTM is Hollie and she's on 020 7565 7295

I popped a call into LTM this morning and the nameplate issue has been resolved satisfactorily.  It seems that i'm not the only one to receive the model without nameplates as they've had a number of calls.  If anyone is in the same boat, the contact at LTM is Hollie and she's on 020 7565 7295

Which loco didn't have nameplates ?

66718 or 66721 ??

Add me to the 'got mine too' gang!!!  :friends:  Not bad considering I only decided to order it last week after seeing examples on here.

Actually the livery looks to be superbly applied on my example (66 718) - checked the bag of bits and the nameplates are in there along with everything else. Wont get a chance to test run it for a few weeks though.

Seriously considering getting Harry Beck too, but this would probably be my last Class 66 as I think I have more than enough examples of them now.

Dave 

Edited by Photomunki

• RMweb Gold

seeing the latest post on this thread reminded me to order (ok, reorder) the white one, as it happened i was in the mess room at marylebone at the time so i decided to hop on the tube to covent garden and get one straight away while i was in town

unfortunatly the shop at the museum hasn't had their allocation yet, the ones that have already been sent have come from acton! d'oh! anyway, gave my details and should hopefully get one by the middle of the week, the shop assistant said she would make sure its sent tomorrow for me

she recons the shop in covent garden should be getting their allocation this coming week

• RMweb Premium

Add me to the 'got mine too' gang!!! :friends: Not bad considering I only decided to order it last week after seeing examples on here.

Actually the livery looks to be superbly applied on my example (66 718) - checked the bag of bits and the nameplates are in there along with everything else. Wont get a chance to test run it for a few weeks though.

Seriously considering getting Harry Beck too, but this would probably be my last Class 66 as I think I have more than enough examples of them now.

Dave

Class 66's are to the modern modeller what a GWR Castle is to a GWR steam modeller. You can never have too many!