Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

Add me to the 'got mine too' gang!!!  :friends:  Not bad considering I only decided to order it last week after seeing examples on here.

That's interesting as my Harry Beck hasn't arrived yet and I ordered it in May.

Anyone else still waiting a pre-order ?

I think I'm going to have to have a bit of a moan at them tomorrow..

That's interesting as my Harry Beck hasn't arrived yet and I ordered it in May.

Anyone else still waiting a pre-order ?

I think I'm going to have to have a bit of a moan at them tomorrow..

I spoke to them on Thursday and they told me that all pre orders would be sent out by the end of the week,

Andrew

have to say I am not that impressed. Had the standard email last Tuesday telling me despatch was that day and allow 5 days for delivery. Arrived this morning on a Royal Mail Pre 1PM service (which cost them over £8!!) with date of despatch stamped as Friday and NOT Tuesday. Still waiting for the white one have just had an email response form the museum saying they will get back to me within 5 working days....

• RMweb Premium

Just checked my order status and 66721 is now showing as awaiting despatch :boast:

My 66718 is a derailer on points, I think the coupler pocket is fouling the front skirt and the bogie could do with a bit of loosening off  :O

Typical fault of a Bachmann 66. The pocket needs trimming back about 1mm to avoid fouling the skirt. (If the skirt is fitted, then the pocket isn't being used anyway)

Some 66s also don't have the bogie fitted properly - usually needs a quick loosen/retighten of the bogie pivot. The other issue with Bachy 66s is that the bogie frame isn't always clipped on properly.

Not an exclusive fault to LT 66/7s

Cheers,

Mick

Just been on an 9 mile round trip to the post office to get my second one!! again sent my the museum on a pre 1PM at more than £8 (why your a registered charity save the money or don't charge the customer carriage!!!) missed the postman yesterday because no despatch email sent. really please with both models though.

Ordered 66721 back in July. Received my red card from Royal Mail on Wednesday. Went down to Post Office yesterday and was surprised when the lady gave me 2 boxes. "Did I order 66718 as well?" I couldn't remember to be honest....

Got home unpackaged it and had 2 models of 66721 sent to me, it appears the order dispatch sheet was printed on both the 12th and 13th so subsequently picked and packed twice, although only charged the once as the order ID was the same on both print offs.

Being an honest Scouser (yes there are some!) I called the Museum to inform them of their mistake. They were grateful and the loco is on the way back to them now. Unfortunately, whilst on the phone I accidentally ordered that model of 66718 and that is on its way to me now

Really impressed with 66721, sure I'll be as impressed with 66718.

Thanks to LTM for commissioning these fine models.

• RMweb Premium

Ordered both on 12 July and Sir Peter arrived last week with Harry coming on Wednesday. As others have said, a lot of money to outlay but I'd only regret it if I had let it pass by. My 720 Rainbow arrived last month having been ordered in March. 

post-22167-0-20841500-1474053121_thumb.jpg

A Freightliner Powerhaul #416 is currently en-route which should complete my collection. Then again, there is the Royal Scotsman ......

• Like 7

Ordered both on 12 July and Sir Peter arrived last week with Harry coming on Wednesday. As others have said, a lot of money to outlay but I'd only regret it if I had let it pass by. My 720 Rainbow arrived last month having been ordered in March. 

attachicon.gif2016-09-13 17.13.34 - Copy.jpg

A Freightliner Powerhaul #416 is currently en-route which should complete my collection. Then again, there is the Royal Scotsman ......

Shedmongous !!

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't ordered via the website and has been waiting to or simply prefers a purchase over the counter, it seems as of last week they are now available to buy from the London Transport Museum shop at Covent Garden.

Both were in stock today.

*gribble*

For anyone who hasn't ordered via the website and has been waiting to or simply prefers a purchase over the counter, it seems as of last week they are now available to buy from the London Transport Museum shop at Covent Garden.

Both were in stock today.

*gribble*

They were being sold over the counter at the Acton LT open weekend a couple of weeks back.

I wonder if this provides an idea for their next one?

post-9992-0-63961800-1476120297_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My order for the white one has gone awry, I called in the shop a few weeks back not realising they didn't have them in stock there at the time and they forwarded my order to the mail order department who promised to process it straight away the following Monday, had to make a few phone calls to chase it up and was promised it would be done that day, that was a good 3 weeks ago and nothing has been taken, wasn't too bothered as I bought the rail express ltd Ed off buy/sell instead

Anyway I'm in london for a few days and payday has been so I planned to call in the shop tomorrow anyway so hopefully I can pick one up then (and make sure they don't process the other one)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't have any photos of the Peter Hendy version but hopefully these two of Harry Beck may help to position the nameplates. Both photos taken at Eastleigh but at different times.

Godfrey

I'm just getting round to fitting the plates and re-discovered Beast's excellent photos of 66718 to aid with the position.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

In the words of Britney Spears "oops I did it again"

IMG_8719.jpg

It's gone up to £169.99 now btw, I got it for £159.99 after they looked into the confusion over my missing order (which at the time 4 weeks ago was that price), it would appear that Acton is no longer the Mail order base and my order paperwork may have gone missing in the move to the new premises or whatever, (i'm sure the shop assistant said it was all being done from Covent Garden now)

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I only have one spare sound decoder and couldn't decide which one to fit it in. Black or White?

Mrs NB has made the choice and it will be running this weekend on NB at BRM Peterborough.

Cheers,

Mick

attachicon.gif2016-09-13 17.13.34 - Copy.jpg

no Metronet 66? ;)