Oxford Diecast/Golden Valley - YE Janus 0-6-0DE

Hippo

• RMweb Premium

On the Oxford Diecast stand was a small A4 sign stating they will be making the 0-6-0DE Janus. 

The few details were, it will feature a 5 pole mote and be available late 2016.

There will be 4 liveries

NCB

Port of London Authority

British Steel

And I'll be damned if I can remeber the 4th.

Owen

Edited by Hippo
  • Like 1

More info http://www.goldenvalleyhobbies.com/index.php?page=fromLibrary&guide=194

I see that Oxford Rail will producing wagon packs with liveries 'inspired by' the companies to go with the locos.

I hope that Matching Wagons does not just mean slapping BSC, NCB, PLA or BP randomly on the Oxford Rail 12/13 ton 7 plank mineral!

Mark Saunders

This is exciting news, I have a very close connection with the real thing, working at TATA Steel and seeing them daily at work and also being a volunteer at the Appleby Frodingham railway preservation society in scunthorpe steelworks which has one of the first built, I wonder if they will do a version in the Appleby Frodingham steel company's livery

post-19023-0-98578400-1448921806.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was there ever a Demonstrator that would have been trialled by potential users prior to purchase?

Even if there wasn't, a version in a plain livery without logos would provide a plausible excuse to run one on most layouts of suitable era. 

John

For information, the close up images of a Janus on the Golden Valley website are of the ex-Shelton Steelworks example preserved at Foxfield. The loco 'Ludstone' has been the subject of cosmetic restoration this year and has gone from this

post-8705-0-59274600-1449826624_thumb.jpg

to this

post-8705-0-24831200-1449826713_thumb.jpg

There is more work planned for next year which may even culminate in a return to traffic.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see another industrial rather than a main line locomotive be selected.  At one time BR contemplated buying a batch of these so those wanting to do a hypothetical livery can do so.

A sensible design would be motor in say the A end bonnet reserving the B end for the DCC chip and speaker.  Would need working lights to ensure you know which is front and back ends!

• Like 1

Always asked for, but hardly ever produced.

The market size of those people willing to merely add decals to a model verses those who would repaint and detail verses those who simply box open is very thin, despite what we in the ideological world of rmweb would like to think.

Paul A