Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Rapido have sent over an image of the first hand-assembled TEA tanker in 4mm scale/OO gauge.

post-420-0-79936900-1474582983_thumb.jpeg

This is a very early sample - not even a proper "first EP" but gives a good idea of the bulk of the model and the level of detail being aimed for.

The catwalks are slightly wavy because they were hand-fettled; on the production models they will be machine stamped and as straight as they are on the N-gauge models.

This model is the EWS/Freightliner version with the bifurcated discharge chutes and second version of the brake gear. It also features separate brake changeover valves on the bogie at the ladder end.

The coupler's are in NEM sockets though on this sample the hook is not present; of course it will be on the production models.

Although this model owes much to the research done for its N gauge counterpart, quite a few refinements have been made: in the larger scale the lashing loop fillets can be correctly separated and also for this model both ladders are being produced - plain as on this model and those fitted with anti-climb guards as on the latest VTG and Greenergy versions.

These models are still available to order; once we have approved the model and livery samples we will close the order book and then produce those models that have been pre-ordered.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Looking good! Are the air-pipes being factory fitted as per the photo? Any rough indication of when you'll be requesting balance payments?

HI there,

The air pipes were fitted to the N Gauge test samples but impeded the coupler swing, so for the production models they're in a poly bag for the customer to fit, presumably at the end of a rake only.

Once we test the OO models we will take a view on the best approach. I am sure the factory would fit them, but it's a bit pointless if the first thing the customer has to do is remove them!

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The weight will be as NMRA specified, as the N-gauge ones are. I don't know much about OO but I suspect that, just like the real ting, a Hornby 60 should be able to manage a full rake but a 66 might struggle!

In terms of timings, the order book closes at the point where we have to tell Rapido how many we want them to make; this will be after we have approved final painted samples. I would expect it to be soon after the Warley show at the NEC as that will give people a chance to see the models before they have to commit.

I totally understand the desire to hold back until the last minute; if you register at our website without obligation you'll receive newsletters and email reminders when the deadline is approaching to ensure you don't miss out.

Cheers

Ben A.

HI there,

The air pipes were fitted to the N Gauge test samples but impeded the coupler swing, so for the production models they're in a poly bag for the customer to fit, presumably at the end of a rake only.

Once we test the OO models we will take a view on the best approach. I am sure the factory would fit them, but it's a bit pointless if the first thing the customer has to do is remove them!

Cheers

Ben A.

I don’t know what your intentions are on the method of fitting of the brake pipes but I have found that if the stud at the fixed end of a brake pipe is round and fits into a round hole, it’s possible to angle the pipe to allow some coupler swing. Of course, not everyone will agree but I would rather have a skewed brake pipe than none at all. This would favour the poly bag approach in that each of us could set the angle of the pipes to suit the curves on his* own layout.

If stud and hole are both rectangular, that isn’t an option.

* You may substitute “his or her” if you wish but this dinosaur follows the ancient grammatical principle of “the male embraces the female”.

The NMRA specify a certain weight?

Hilux

If yours was a genuine rather than a rhetorical question then the answer is yes

For those who don't know of the NMRA, they US based & have standards (recommended practices) for just about all things model railways 

The Weight standard looks something like this

Scale              Initial Weight               Additional Weight

per inch of car body length        

(ounces)        +             (Ounces)

5            +                1         

0n3                   1-1/2          +               3/4         

S                           2            +               1/2          

Sn3                        1            +               1/2         

HO                        1            +               1/2         

HOn3                  3/4           +               3/8          

TT                        3/4           +               3/8         

N                         1/2           +               .15

You may notice that they neglected OO scale but I work on the idea that HO practices would work.

With the NRMA DCC Standards the ESU HO Class66 I just bought from Germany works on my Digitrax DCC & a friends Hornby Elite DCC & I expect it to work on any NMRA Compliant DCC system

As for the TEA it isn't on my list but it looks like it should be a winner

Viva la Revolution

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Shoey,

As per post 185 above we will close the order book just before we need to submit our actual production order to Rapido.

The livery sampling stage should be straightforward with these models as all colours, markings and number sets are as per the N Gauge models, and as we are aiming for painted samples by Warley I am hoping we can get this all sorted before Xmas.

The simplest way to ensure you don't miss out is to register without obligation at our website; this way you'll receive any newsletters and email alerts and we always give subscribers at least a week's notice before closing any order books.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Shoey,

As per post 185 above we will close the order book just before we need to submit our actual production order to Rapido.

The livery sampling stage should be straightforward with these models as all colours, markings and number sets are as per the N Gauge models, and as we are aiming for painted samples by Warley I am hoping we can get this all sorted before Xmas.

The simplest way to ensure you don't miss out is to register without obligation at our website; this way you'll receive any newsletters and email alerts and we always give subscribers at least a week's notice before closing any order books.

Cheers

Ben A.

Thank you Ben, very much appreciated.

Cheers

• Like 1

I wasn't going to get any TEA Tankers but after seeing the video on RJennings post #193 I changed my mind & placed an order

The train I would have liked to make would look something like this

post-28417-0-07016300-1476667423_thumb.jpg

Because these liveries are only available in 3 packs (2blue & 1 green)

the best I can manage will look something like this, a little disappointed but you can't please all the people all the time

post-28417-0-24427200-1476667459_thumb.jpg

Ben A or Mike at RevOlutiOn

I am assuming that the VAT I paid will be refunded at some time

Edit :- At the bottom of your order form it read Customers from outside the EU – please bear with us as we create a payment mechanism which deducts VAT this lead me to believe that I paid VAT. When I read my invoice it shows the price as (ex. VAT). I'm a little confused. If I didn't pay VAT then ignore the next sentence although I would still like a single Greenergy Blue wagon

Although if you could throw in an extra wagon instead of a VAT refund that would work for me especially if the extra wagon was a Greenergy Blue 

Yours John

Edited by John ks

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't going to get any TEA Tankers but after seeing the video on RJennings post #193 I changed my mind & placed an order

The train I would have liked to make would look something like this

attachicon.giftea3.jpg

Because these liveries are only available in 3 packs (2blue & 1 green)

the best I can manage will look something like this, a little disappointed but you can't please all the people all the time

attachicon.giftea2.jpg

Ben A or Mike at RevOlutiOn

I am assuming that the VAT I paid will be refunded at some time

Edit :- At the bottom of your order form it read Customers from outside the EU – please bear with us as we create a payment mechanism which deducts VAT this lead me to believe that I paid VAT. When I read my invoice it shows the price as (ex. VAT). I'm a little confused. If I didn't pay VAT then ignore the next sentence although I would still like a single Greenergy Blue wagon

Although if you could throw in an extra wagon instead of a VAT refund that would work for me especially if the extra wagon was a Greenergy Blue 

Yours John

Hello John,

Thanks for your support. The Greenergy models are in triple packs only and the 2 blue - 1 green ratio reflects the liveries of the real wagons. In the case of the train in the video, it would mean substituting a blue for a green, I agree.

The VAT situation is something we are working on and is, I understand, a gremlin with the shop software that Mike is fixing. We certainly won't charge you VAT if you shouldn't be paying it, and if we have it will be refunded.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hi John

The note about VAT is redundant as the payment system already automatically deducts VAT for people outside the EU so there should be no VAT on your order. Please let me know if there is.

I'm not sure whether at this stage we can offer single Greenergy blue wagons - sorry. We'll look into it but we are already offering much more choice of liveries and wagon numbers than most manufacturers.

Cheers Mike

Hi John

The note about VAT is redundant as the payment system already automatically deducts VAT for people outside the EU so there should be no VAT on your order. Please let me know if there is.

I'm not sure whether at this stage we can offer single Greenergy blue wagons - sorry. We'll look into it but we are already offering much more choice of liveries and wagon numbers than most manufacturers.

Cheers Mike

Mike

I paid £185.00 for 2 Greenergy triple packs on invoice #**45 on the 17-10-16

This should help you determine if I payed VAT

Perhaps if you get a damaged 3 pack and your willing to sell the undamaged ones separately then please remember me.

Thanks in advance

John