Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

33 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

My one big disappointment is the transfers. They are all the same. They would be good for rebranding and re-numbering six Freightliner wagons but not much else. I have some VTG, EWS and Greenergy  wagons with duplicate running numbers and I had hoped that the transfers would enable me to change the duplicates. Looks like a job for Railtec!

Hi No Decorum,

Correcting Ben's comment (and apologies to Ben as I must have forgotten to tell him this), the decals with the OO TEA are supposed to be provided with every model. Only the big VTG logo and the TOPS data panels are specifically for the Freightliner models and it would be impossible for us to provide renumbering panels for every paint scheme as there are too many variations.

The rest of the transfers are applicable to most paint schemes and are all elements that were applied after the real things were delivered. The models as provided are only good for when they were built and depending on their paint scheme the first few years of use. If you want to bring them up to date then you'll need to add the transfers (use photos of your chosen paint scheme for positioning etc).

All the best,

Rapido Gareth

Edited by Rapido Gareth
  • Informative/Useful 1

Order arrived during the week - very impressive dataing ... however little concerned as to how one of the TEAs has arrived with quite a large amount of plastic loose in the packaging / what appears to be assembly ‘issues’ also ...

F17275D5-7444-4DA8-8CC5-030AA9F2025D.jpeg

D6378AB2-576B-4A1E-B499-5D221CFAA762.jpeg

Edit: all others arrived perfectly fine so is isolated to this single one.

Edited by RJennings

On 15/02/2019 at 18:44, Trains4U said:

Lots of things could be inferred by that rather ambiguous statement.

is the accusation levelled at the distributor, courier or customer?

I can assure everyone that we have handled everything with care, packed the parcels well and used a reputable courier service.

I am inferring the damage took place after it left your premises, IE at the Courier phase from your shop to the customer.

If you were not taking care when packing them then more would have arrived damaged.

I thought it was obvious enough to not need spelling out, I was obviously wrong.

Edited by royaloak

On 16/02/2019 at 23:00, Ben A said:

Hi there,

if anyone has problems with their models just email us and we will sort.

cheers

Ben A.

Can you clarify which email address please? Although I have made contact a while ago about a query with my order, every message via your website has had no response, hard to know if they are being received, I do appreciate you are busy people. 

Thanks 

Chris 

• Thanks 1

When my parcel finally arrived last week, the contents were well worth the wait. I tried to run some of my newly delivered fleet of 24 tankers and spent a very frustrating morning trying to figure out why they kept uncoupling and derailing.

At first I thought it was buffer lock and so changed the tension lock coupling for Kaydees. That made no difference and so I placed just one tanker behind a loco and sent it around my circuit. Once the consist had made several loops without problems, I added another tanker, then another until finally, a tanker derailed. Eventually I found the 2 x EWS Grey and 1 x VTG Blue that were source of the problems. The back to backs were OK but the axles were such a sloppy fit in the bogie that the axle could be flipped out of the bogie without prising the bogie arms apart.

I have sent an email off to the spares department explaining the situation and have more than enough tankers to keep me happy for the present. Apart from one narrow walkway which came adrift when lifting the polythene sheet wrapped around the model, none of my wagons show any sign of damage. Apart from the bogie problems, the tankers run happily and smoothly around my layout. I thought that before I submitted my reply it would be best to check the wagons once again and all three have derailed. 

A final word of caution. When replacing your model in the packaging, take care not to dislodge the ladder which is easily caught on the square rubber block designed to stop the model moving in the package. 

My TEAs arrived today as I was out last week when they tried to deliver.

All the triple packs arrived with all wagons intact, but all the single pack wagons arrived with parts broken off and loose in the box, maybe a cardboard sleeve for the single packs would be a good idea for future releases.

P_20190221_164018_DF_1.jpg

Was very excited to receive a very large box containing a bumper crop of TEA models.  Looking forward to running some big, iconic, colourful trains on my layout, and pleased to find a role for the excessive number of Hornby class 60s in my collection.

On opening the box and checking the models I had a bit of a shock.  19 damaged models (11 with broken underframes and side parts, 8 with just damaged side parts).  Good news that  a further 15 have survived fully intact and very nice they are too.

Next problem is how to sort this out.  Contacted Revolution well over a week ago but no acknowledgement or response from them.  Now feeling rather stressed every time I look at this big pile of boxes containing broken models.    Has anyone else had problems of a similar nature that have not been sorted out?

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

We were at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow last weekend, and most of this week have been busy working either abroad or on nights.

We're sorry the wagons arrived damaged - we will answer your email and get this sorted asap.  Obviously our customer service levels can't match those of a large shop with full time staff, but we will sort it as quickly as we can!

cheers

Ben A.

17 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi there,

We were at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow last weekend, and most of this week have been busy working either abroad or on nights.

We're sorry the wagons arrived damaged - we will answer your email and get this sorted asap.  Obviously our customer service levels can't match those of a large shop with full time staff, but we will sort it as quickly as we can!

cheers

Ben A.

Ben I'm about to send mine back for repair, I assume i am sending them to the registered address for revolution?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tark,

Please don't send anything until we have been able to liaise with you directly about what's wrong.  Where to send the models will be dictated by what we identify as the best way of sorting out the issue. 

If you have emailed us great - we will get back to you asap, if not please email the address in the instructions with the models.

cheers

Ben A.

On 01/03/2019 at 23:05, mja999 said:

Was very excited to receive a very large box containing a bumper crop of TEA models.  Looking forward to running some big, iconic, colourful trains on my layout, and pleased to find a role for the excessive number of Hornby class 60s in my collection.

On opening the box and checking the models I had a bit of a shock.  19 damaged models (11 with broken underframes and side parts, 8 with just damaged side parts).  Good news that  a further 15 have survived fully intact and very nice they are too.

Next problem is how to sort this out.  Contacted Revolution well over a week ago but no acknowledgement or response from them.  Now feeling rather stressed every time I look at this big pile of boxes containing broken models.    Has anyone else had problems of a similar nature that have not been sorted out?

Hi Can you recall were any of the damaged wagons packed on end?

• RMweb Gold

Hello chaps,

If you have emailed us as per instructions then we will definitely look into it.  The first step is to summarise the problems and report them to the manufacturers, who have asked for more details.

Once that is done we should be in a position to correspond with you directly about the next step.

Can I also ask as a courtesy that people don't post emails we send them to a public forum - these are private communications with you, our customer, and not anyone else's business.

cheers

Ben A.

Having discussed the problem of a number of my tankers derailing at our local DEMU meeting last week, it was suggested I try 3 link couplings to solve the problem. 3 links were too short but a 4 link coupling worked just fine.

I then tried a Bachmann coach pipe coupling with the same result. Feeling lucky, I tried a Kadee #20 and that worked also. I added the tanker to the rear of the train and it has not derailed since.

I tried the second of the EWS tankers but it wouldn't do more than one circuit before it derailed. I tried everything including measuring the back to backs, the length of the axles, the width of the bogie and even changed the bogie around but to no avail. In a last desperate attempt, I put the wagon in the center of the consist and hey presto, it didn't derail. Finally, I now have a train of 12 EWS tankers that stay on the rails and look great.

Feeling pleased with myself, I tried the blue VTG wagon but it derailed within one circuit. I fitted Kadee #20 at both ends and placed it in the center of the consist and  lo and behold, it worked; so I now have two trains of 12 tankers running happily around my layout.

Whether it was last night's storm that blew away the gremlins that have dogged my TEA tankers, I don't know but I am now a very happy bunny.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 18:40, tark61 said:

Hi Can you recall were any of the damaged wagons packed on end?

Hi tark61, yes they were packed on end, one layer of models, in a very large box, with a bin bag’s worth of small polystyrene shapes packed on top.  Heavy and unwieldy.  Thought it was an unusual way to pack when I opened it, and I’ve certainly never had a problem on the scale of 19 broken models with a courier delivery before.  

On 04/03/2019 at 02:25, Ben A said:

Hello chaps,

If you have emailed us as per instructions then we will definitely look into it.  The first step is to summarise the problems and report them to the manufacturers, who have asked for more details.

Once that is done we should be in a position to correspond with you directly about the next step.

Can I also ask as a courtesy that people don't post emails we send them to a public forum - these are private communications with you, our customer, and not anyone else's business.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben A I have emailed you as per instructions on 3rd March (in addition to 18 Feb notification to Revolution).  An acknowledgment of this would be appreciated, takes 1 minute to acknowledge my email.  3 years waiting for the order, 3 months waiting for delivery, I understand your request for patience, but my needs matter here as well.     And yes we shouldn’t need to go into further detail on this forum.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

At least you guys have received yours, I have paid in full and yet to see mine !

See the post from Trains4U on the previous screen. As I understand it, that means that all fully paid orders have been sent. Perhaps, as suggested by Trains4U, you should contact Revolution?

Just to clarify 

we have dispatched all orders for which we received picking notes.

I have been advised to expect a further batch of picking notes imminently.

I am aware of the damage that has been caused to wagons. My team have conducted a thorough investigation and have returned our findings and recommendations  to Revolution.

The cause of damage is not something that anyone would have foreseen, However our investigations mean we have been able to identify and introduce steps to minimise the risk of damage to future shipments.

Any owners of damaged wagons are asked to contact Revolution, who will work with you to find a solution.

thanks

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Two exhibitions in and the TEAs ran well (I had a minor derailing problem at Preston last weekend, but that was quickly traced to the loco coupling............

Not the sharpest vid - 11.25 in.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

The TEA'S are looking very good in the video, along with a variety of your other stock.

Nice to see a good sized rake of tankers moving at just the right speed.

Unfortunately, at present, I can only run a maximum of 3 on my "London Road" layout, that also features in the video, but i've got another 10 on order with Ben & Mike, just waiting for delivery, ready for when the layout gets extended, so that we can then "Trundle" a variety of full length trains through "Nottingham" at slow speed.

Good to see your layout running well again.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Perfect Paul
  • Like 1