Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

• RMweb Premium

Collected mine from Mike today at Warley. In hindsight though, I should have paid the postage rather than struggle home to North Wales on the train weighed down with this lot :no:

They are stunning models. Decided that 19 wasn't nearly enough so managed to relieve Trains4U of their last Greenery pack while at the show.

Too tired to open the boxes. That'll have to wait for tomorrow.

post-22167-0-06574600-1543102329_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Sam,

That fuel terminal looks really nice!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

sorry to be a pest but a quick question of how are you getting on with dispatching the orders I was going to email you but I apricate that your doing this on your spare time so was wondering how long you need before emailing you to see when ill get my order

thanks

Alan

P.s sorry if this seem a bit inpatient but id rather have an idea of how long rather than nothing and then panicking  

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ben

sorry to be a pest but a quick question of how are you getting on with dispatching the orders I was going to email you but I apricate that your doing this on your spare time so was wondering how long you need before emailing you to see when ill get my order

thanks

Alan

P.s sorry if this seem a bit inpatient but id rather have an idea of how long rather than nothing and then panicking  

Hi

See this on the news page of the Revolution Trains website

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/tea-for-4mm/

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Having read that I didn't really want to mail them but having changed my email address since ordering I've got no way of knowing what I owe and they have no way of contacting me, waiting with my fingers crossed for them to contact me and hope that they don't think I have fallen off the face of the earth :O

Those wagons look too nice :sungum: :sungum:

But, you should be able to log onto the Revolution Trains website and update your personal details on there.  You can change your postal address, so I'd assume that you can also change your e-mail address.

I only paid a deposit, received my balance invoice by e-mail about ten days ago, paid the outstanding balance as soon as I got the e-mail and I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.  There hasn't yet been a flurry of photographs being posted on this thread yet, so I'm assuming that whilst Revolution Trains have started to dispatch models, they are by no means nearly finished sending them out.  I think a little patience is required.  However, given that they will send the balance invoice to whatever e-mail address they hold for you, if that is incorrect, then you need to make sure you get it changed, since if you don't pay the invoice then you won't get your models.

In my case, I ordered these almost two and a half years ago, so I'm perfectly happy to wait a few more weeks for what looks to be a great model.

But, you should be able to log onto the Revolution Trains website and update your personal details on there.  You can change your postal address, so I'd assume that you can also change your e-mail address.

I would, but I have tried every password I can think of and I can't get in, it hasn't been for the want of trying.......lol

I'm perfectly happy to wait and I'm not in any way, shape or form being critical I just don't want to be forgotten especially as, as you point out they currently have no way of contacting me. I can assure you having an email account hacked by some teenager in Russia is not a pleasurable experience and it takes a fair bit of work to get everything sorted. I think this is my last outstanding issue now.......lol

Edited by Iron Horse

Hi everyone,

I would agree a little bit of patience is needed, I’ve had my balance email and paid and more than happy to wait as these models are going to be superb. I was lucky to handle the EP sample way back and the detail possible in OO is even better than those impressive 2mm models. Remember that Ben and Mike do all this around there full time jobs and literally will have 1000’s of tanks to sort out, pack and send and I for one am very grateful of all there efforts in making these impressive models for us all to enjoy. Now the far bigger issue is finding time to build the layout to run them on lol!

Thanks

Mark

I think if I was you, I'd send an e-mail to Revolution Trains to explain your situation since their primary line of communication with you will be via a compromised e-mail address.  The risk is that your Russian teenager resets your access to the Revolution Trains website (any reset password will go to the e-mail address that they hacked), changes your postal address, pays the outstanding balance and can then take receipt of the goods for sale via E-bay.  Their resale value is bound to be more than you still have to pay.

I think Ben and Mike just want to avoid the 'when are my models coming' e-mails.  I'd class yours as a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We really appreciate that people are being understanding about how quickly we can send models out.

They arrived just before last weekend; Mike came up and we had a big packing/posting session but during the week work and Warley intervened.

Our method is that Mike sends reminders and monitors payments, and then generates a packing slip that is sent to me.  At the moment there are probably 50-100 packing slips that were processed late last week that are waiting for me to get around to sending out.

Today has been spent unpacking our Warley exhibition stand and returning the hire van, then doing a few other chores that were stacked up.  Later this week I will try to send out more, and will continue this  weekend.

We know we aren't able to send models out with the speed of the major suppliers, but we are very aware that our supporters are eager to get their hands on models they helped to make a reality!

Also, anyone with a genuine issue is always welcome to email us, but as was astutely observed higher up in the thread, the more generic "Where are my models?" queries do little other than slow us down!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

Had a go at using the set of decals that come with the wagons to recreate the current livery of the former FLHH tanks with the old FL logo patch painted and a white VTG logo placed on top. Also added were the correct VTG prefixed data panels and a few additional warning and maintenance notices also on the decal sheet

A nice touch which allows for a bit of personalisation to what is already a superb wagon

post-4707-0-03117400-1543328394_thumb.jpeg

post-4707-0-53277100-1543328407_thumb.jpeg

post-4707-0-05508600-1543328422_thumb.jpeg

post-4707-0-06892600-1543328448_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

These models really are awesome.

Possible contender for model of the year?

The red triples are now sold out...

attachicon.gif0C17A98A-5A23-4990-A1A3-5AE364876DDD.jpeg

attachicon.gif650D0807-ECB2-48B4-BE3E-6ACF5208822D.jpeg

attachicon.gifB08168BB-C313-4073-992A-F347784C089C.jpeg

attachicon.gif0B0D1C7D-2395-4451-8496-96CC79CB42DF.jpeg

attachicon.gif4740E8CD-1697-4A95-8A02-C0AD33432C7A.jpeg

attachicon.gif374522F7-A97E-4F15-A2E2-B0218B97509C.jpeg

There are decals available to change the freight liner version into a VTG version

(For some reason these are included with every wagon)

It is suggested that you cut back the freight liner logo before applying the transfer as it shows through the VTG branding

attachicon.gif617C288A-88F8-4368-833F-271607E2CC4D.jpeg

The red ones look rather too orange – rather like a match to photographs of the full-size ones taken in evening sunlight. They don’t seem to match earlier depictions of the red. Is it just the photography of the models? Kernow’s picture looks very orange too.

The red ones look rather too orange – rather like a match to photographs of the full-size ones taken in evening sunlight. They don’t seem to match earlier depictions of the red. Is it just the photography of the models? Kernow’s picture looks very orange too.

I suspect it's the photo. They looked a much "redder" red in the flesh at Warley. 

I think if I was you, I'd send an e-mail to Revolution Trains to explain your situation since their primary line of communication with you will be via a compromised e-mail address.  The risk is that your Russian teenager resets your access to the Revolution Trains website (any reset password will go to the e-mail address that they hacked), changes your postal address, pays the outstanding balance and can then take receipt of the goods for sale via E-bay.  Their resale value is bound to be more than you still have to pay.

I think Ben and Mike just want to avoid the 'when are my models coming' e-mails.  I'd class yours as a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed.

Done that, so now waiting for a reply........I can see the deposit drifting away at the moment....................moral of this story never get your email hacked, it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I'm hoping I get a reply but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I lost the order, they are very clever people  :mad:

HI All

Colour is a minefield  and memory is the Most unreliable colour chart of them all.

Some of the Real Orange TEAs on the Dalston.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-69150600-1543820606_thumb.jpg

Done that, so now waiting for a reply........I can see the deposit drifting away at the moment....................moral of this story never get your email hacked, it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I'm hoping I get a reply but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I lost the order, they are very clever people  :mad:

Anyone else still waiting for a confirmation e-mail?  I'm sure I ordered 6 but have not had an invoice.  Reset password on website but no replay. E-mailed a query - no reply.  Cest-la-Vie . . missed out I guess :-(

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else still waiting for a confirmation e-mail?  I'm sure I ordered 6 but have not had an invoice.  Reset password on website but no replay. E-mailed a query - no reply.  Cest-la-Vie . . missed out I guess :-(

Hello Melly,

We are working our way through several hundred orders. We will update when we think we have contacted everyone for balance payments - if you still haven't heard anything by then please get in touch. If you have an order number we should be able to track it down.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3