Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

Hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing the update on progress, these are going to be cracking wagons in OO having seen the quality of the 2mm models already.

Thanks

Mark

Absolutely agree here. Can't wait for the end result!

Guest spet0114

It was all going so well and I'd convinced myself I didn't need any of these. Then I discovered that a train with quite a few of them passes through my local station at about 6 each Saturday morning. A couple of trips to see this working and hey presto - an order for 8 of the flipping things (red & grey).

So much for economising.... :)

Edited by spet0114
  • Like 1

It was all going so well and I'd convinced myself I didn't need any of these. Then I discovered that a train with quite a few of them passes through my local station at about 6 each Saturday morning. A couple of trips to see this working and hey presto - an order for 8 of the flipping things (red & grey).

Even better, you could be me - none of these run anywhere near to where I live and have ordered a rake! Hehe (just don't let the Mrs know) I had a trip to Cardiff and saw the wagons there. After seeing the progress pictures, I just couldn't help pressing the order button!

I know, I'm the same.  I was tempted by just a couple of grey ones to mix in with my Bachmann green TEAs to provide something different and then I learned that they weren't used on any of the Grangemouth flows in my time period.  I therefore don't need these, but... having seen the model specification, price and photographs of both grey and red ones in Scotland I've ended up, like you, ordering a mixture of red and grey VTG ones before the early bird discount expires.  Hopefuly they will be delivered before Christmas.

• RMweb Premium

I've gone mostly for the EWS grey ones as most photos of the Lindsey-Westerleigh seem to be almost entirely made up of these tanks.

I've chucked in a couple of VTG grey to break up the rake as they appear in odd workings also.

Didn't quite manage to persuade other club members to order before the early bird deadline, but I'm still working on them to order a few for the new club layout......

Cheers,

Mick

Ben,

A quick question, the specification states that the models have NEM couplings - is there any information on where these are located relative to the buffers to determine which Kadee couplings I'll need to buy and fit?  I can then make sure that I have them in stock.

• RMweb Gold

Ben,

A quick question, the specification states that the models have NEM couplings - is there any information on where these are located relative to the buffers to determine which Kadee couplings I'll need to buy and fit?  I can then make sure that I have them in stock.

Hello David,

I am sorry I don't have this information, but we should be seeing samples pretty soon when it will become more apparent.  To some extent does it not depend on the minimum radius you will be running them round anyway?

cheers

Ben A.

Ben,

You are correct that Kadee shank length is partly dependent on the minimum radii of curves on a layout, but for those who are fortunate enough to have larger radius curves, the distance between the front of the NEM pocket and the buffers is more relevant.  That is, the actual choice of coupling is dependent on the fixed distance between pocket and buffers plus a variable allowance for curve radii, which for large radius curves can be virtually zero.

I'm happy to wait until you have samples available for inspection.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Early Bird Deadline Extended

post-420-0-06193400-1467300897.jpg

We have decided to extend our EarlyBird deadlines for the OO TEA tankers (and N Gauge KFA wagons and Class 320 and 321 units) by an additional month, to midnight on July 31st 2016.

The deadline was originally set at midnight tonight, but issues with the website dating system (it thought the deadline was last night!) have led to our being inundated with customers who've been unable to order at the lower price.

The problem has been rectified we believe, but to avoid any possibility of unfairness we have decided to extend the deadline.

We also need a little more time to be able to correctly process orders from outside the EU, which require a non-VAT option, and the additional time will allow us to fix this.

We are also evaluating the impact of the UK's vote to leave the EU on the sterling:dollar exchange rate.

We pay the majority of our bills in dollars and although (due to very cautious price modelling at the outset) we are able to absorb some fluctuations in the exchange rate if sterling falls further we will have to consider increasing our prices for non-Earlybird orders of the 4mm TEA,  and the N Gauge 320/321 and KFA.

We would like to emphasise that any price increase will not affect orders already placed for the 4mm TEAs or the 320/321s and KFAs in N. 

The extension to the earlybird deadline will give us a bit of breathing room to see how sterling performs.

We would like to thank all our customers for their understanding and patience!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I ordered today - hope I got the early bird price (must admit I didn't check thoroughly as I was in a rush!).

When you get a quiet moment log into your revolution account. The information should be there. If you have overpaid we will sort it out.

Cheers

Ben A.

Oh goody, I might manage to get a few quid together by the end of July, no chance yet, the house has turned into a bit of a money pit at the moment, fingers crossed I can get some rest days worked over the next few weeks!

• Like 1

With the Bank of England forecasting an economic downturn and the politicians arguing among themselves about who is in charge of the rattle, what is there to cheer us up? Knowing that a rake of high quality TEAs running around a layout will put a smile on the face of someone at an exhibition...

Well, that's my justification for buying some (a lot?) of these and the domestic chancellor can just learn to live whether there is approval or not!

• 4 weeks later...

A quick bump to this topic since it's almost the end of the month and the end of the extended early bird discount period.  Any more willing to jump in?

I'm looking forward to these eventually arriving.

Edited by Dungrange

Further to post 138, I have now ordered 3 Freightliner ones and the green energy triple set, its a pity the Freightliner one couldnt be sold as a triple set like the others, yes I know there was only one of them but surely rule one applies and it is up to us to decide if having 3 wagons with the same number is an issue, or maybe RevOlutiOn models could number the other 2 as consecutive numbers to the prototypical wagon!

Either way I will be running the 3 FL ones together 'coz I can'.   :senile:

Oh thanks to Dungrange for the headsup, with everything else going on I had forgotten about ordering these!

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Gold

Further to post 138, I have now ordered 3 Freightliner ones and the green energy triple set, its a pity the Freightliner one couldnt be sold as a triple set like the others, yes I know there was only one of them but surely rule one applies and it is up to us to decide if having 3 wagons with the same number is an issue, or maybe RevOlutiOn models could number the other 2 as consecutive numbers to the prototypical wagon!

Either way I will be running the 3 FL ones together 'coz I can'.   :senile:

Hi RoyalOak,

There were six or seven of the Freightliner wagon, so your three are fine. Also, we are doing decals to allow them to be modelled as they are now, with VTG blanking panels, and TOPS panels for each different number.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Ben, its a pity the FL ones weren't available as a triple set, I cant work out how the pricing works and whether the 3 are the same price as a triple set or not but it doesnt really matter and as long as these sell well which encourages you to do other wagon types in the future thats the important bit, with the early bird discount I am in front anyway and with the uncertainty about the Pound (and Dollar) these need to be produced quite quickly so you are not out of pocket.

Anyway these things are far too modern for me, HAAs and 56s are 'new' in my book, but my sons are into the modern stuff so it will give their locos (which are the wrong type of green and maroon) something to pull.

These do look to be an excellent wagon and I can only hope the other half is out when these get delivered, I am currently banned from buying any more trains until the house is done, oops wrong again.

Taking advantage of the early-bird price, I've just ordered my rake of EWS ones - and after what has been mentioned previously - added a couple of Freighliner ones in there for variety. Looking forward to seeing more progress shots of them as they get nearer production.

Dave

On the Revolution Trains Website http://www.revolutiontrains.com/website-maintenance-and-early-bird-deadline/

The following info was added on 28/07/16: 

"We have to take the website offline to perform some essential maintenance and to add a bit of functionality. As a result the site will be unavailable from 8pm on 28 July 2016. If the upgrades go smoothly then the site may be unavailable for only a very short period, but we won’t know that until we take the site offline!

If it is not possible to complete all the work this evening then the site will be taken offline on Sunday evening (31 July 2016).

So that we don’t impact anyone hoping to place an order at our early bird prices for the KFA container flat, class 320/321 or 4mm/OO TEA tank wagon we will extend the early bird deadline by a week to 7 August 2016."

• 3 weeks later...

Having just read through all the topic to catch up as its been a while since I have been due to jounting around on real trains and enjoying myself. I have missed the deadline but I don't have any problem paying full whack because those wagons are lovely and I am so pleased that these wagons will be soon available in OO gauge as then I can gradually build up a rake of 10 to start with to a rake of 30 VTG blue ones as I have seen them at Barnetby at times behind a 66. Also I saw some unbranded ones behind 60096 on Friday at Leicester station as I wanted a nice shot of that Colas 60 in the sun and I got it. Now if Hornby could do a regular DB Schenker Class 60 and a Colas 60. These lovely wagons would make a nice oil train behind those locomotives.

Here is some photos for ideas :).

28944476816_888af1ab12_c.jpg

Class 60, Colas Rail 60096 by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

28927368716_3734959bbb_c.jpg

Class 66, EWS/DB Schenker 66162 by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

28875926302_31c94e7b09_c.jpg

Class 60, DB Schenker 60020 "The Willows" by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

That one only had 6 TEA tanks on the back, so if you have a small layout. Two triple packs would suffice if limited spaces.

28870649246_b0960611af_c.jpg

Class 60, DB Schenker 60100 by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

That one had 30 tanks on the back but I couldn't get a head on shot because there was passengers on the other platform and I don't like to get people in my shots if I can help it :).

But I am going to order a pack of 3 VTG blue ones to get me started and I will buy more to grow my oil train as when time and funds permit me to do so :). Also time to get myself a couple of Code 3 repainted DB Schenker 60's and a Colas 60 in time for this project as I want my oil train to look "right" and modern.