Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Suppose you'll be wanting comparisons with the Bachmann jobby next?   :smile_mini2:

attachicon.gifSLW-Class-24-023-Edit.jpg

P

I already did that with the first issue D5000 and my slightly modified and renumbered Bachmann D5011! :D

Thanks for posting the nice photos. The model looks superb, especially with the polished grilles.

Bachmann one is on the left.

Bachmann%20and%20SLW%20Class%2024s%20Com

Bachmann%20and%20SLW%20Class%2024s%20Com

Edited by SRman
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

What tin?

I'm assuming you don't realise that its packaging/secure storage is within a foam lined rectangular tin inside which the model is secure in a clear perspex container.It is further secured by a pair of screws to the under chassis of the model. Hence you might say it is almost bomb proof.

AND....yes,it does what it says on the tin...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

SLW must be playing a low key advertising strategy for these new versions as despite being a regular customer of REx and owner of 24081, I've had neither an email nor letter telling me if the green versions.

You'd have thought they would be trying to reach as many potential sales as possible.

I could still be tempted though green fye would probably suit me more.

Ah well, Phil Sutton has changed tack: two full page adverts appear in the latest Rail Express, pages M10 and M11.

• RMweb Premium

Just after I bought 24081, I went to my local model shop and the chap behind the counter didn't know that such a model (the SWL version) even existed!!

Edited by Gary H

• 2 weeks later...

SLW have their blog up and running, hopefully it won't be to long to wait to hear about the next release hopefully on the 11th and 12th June at the Chatham show, i've got my debit card out already Mr Sutton. :-)

Edited by Brian Hawkins

Perhaps we will find out what the two catalogue numbers will be at the show, as both cat. no 2403 and 2404 are both missing from the catalogue number sequence. If you check the Rail Exclusive web show you can see we have had 2401, 2402, 2405 and 2405A. So one would assume there must be 2403 and 2404 still to come?