Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Once you put an slw 24 next to a Bachmann model you never want to look at the Bachmann again.

I've voted for the RTC one others are too early for me but my Bachmann one will be gone if the SLW one gets produced. 

24's are too early for me but still watched this thread and the website with interest as its quite simply a quality model and hopefully any new models of other classes will fall into my era

Another vote for 97201 here, as I think it's correct spec to respray into green so I can have that SLW Class 24 model of D5061 I have been trying to put together. It even has the later exhaust port D5098 etc doesn't have that I would have to modify.

Cash for votes people, cash for votes - I'm not cheap though....

All seriousness though - will my pre-order for x4 class 33s ever be fulfilled.....

There are likely never to be 33s from slw or rail exclusive for legal reasons I'd expect after the disagreement with Heljan.

I must admit it would be very nice if they produced a few 33's I know I would have a couple

But it certainly is not happening anytime soon

But I also like the Heljan models

Edited by Shroomy

The SLW blog with the livery options shows the BSYP example carrying the double arrow symbol, and gives D5021 and D5026 as the possible examples. Not sure about D5026, but D5021 had the BR lion rather than the arrows when BSYP, and even when it received full yellow ends, then became 24021, carried this all the way to the scrapyard.

Edited by Dubaimike

Anybody up for a headcode version Derby built 24/1 (no Tablet catcher cut outs) D5114 to D5150?

Simply a case of pulling off the water tank, blanking the boiler roof air vent, highlighting the side intakes/vents silver to cover the Darlington built Class 25/1a's & b's, D5151 to D5175.

Removing the original Tampo printing for a renumber is easy on the nerves.

post-508-0-32621600-1492180990.jpg

If supplied in green with no yellow panel you could add your own yellow/fluorescant yellow/ orange and various combinations of both: small warning panel that was applied to a good few of the prototypes and could be seen up until the early 1970's.

Any takers?

P

• Like 1

Anybody up for a headcode version Derby built 24/1 (no Tablet catcher cut outs) D5114 to D5150?

Simply a case of pulling off the water tank, blanking the boiler roof air vent, highlighting the side intakes/vents silver to cover the Darlington built Class 25/1a's & b's, D5151 to D5175.

Removing the original Tampo printing for a renumber is easy on the nerves.

attachicon.gifSLW-Class-24-140-Sm.jpg

If supplied in green with no yellow panel you could add your own yellow/fluorescant yellow/ orange and various combinations of both: small warning panel that was applied to a good few of the prototypes and could be seen up until the early 1970's.

Any takers?

P

DEFINITELY !!!!! Several please.

P

Porcy,

Does that mean you have a spare water tank for an SLW 24 sat somewhere?

Norm.

Does that mean you have a spare water tank for an SLW 24 sat somewhere?

Not at the moment. D5104 kept it's water tank when first working the iron ores.

But I might have a few should SLW bring out anything green in the D5114 to D5150 range.

P

• Like 1

Latest voting figures:

LATEST VOTING (36 HOURS WORTH ONLY)

This morning's standings were as follows:

Loco A - 4%
Loco B - 7%
Loco C - 8%
Loco D - 17%
Loco E - 7%
Loco F - 7%
Loco G - 11%
Loco H - 18%

Latest voting figures:

LATEST VOTING (36 HOURS WORTH ONLY)

This morning's standings were as follows:

Loco A - 4%

Loco B - 7%

Loco C - 8%

Loco D - 17%

Loco E - 7%

Loco F - 7%

Loco G - 11%

Loco H - 18%

Looks like the RTC 24/0 and blue Inverness 24/1 proving popular then. Edited by Signaller69

?? Only D5133-50 fit that description. D5114-32 had cutouts.

Top prize that man. I wondered who would spot that. (After Capt. Mainwaring)

Edited by Porcy Mane

The new loco is the headcode 24 surely, as predicted by many including me.

It would seem that its not actually been announced, only asking for expressions of interest and if the RTC one comes out ahead, that'll be well ahead of a Highlander. I voted for both before anyone asks!