Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

I’ve voted for the RTC one it as it’s the only 24 that will fit into my era of modelling.

Now if a 25 or even better a sealed beam 45 were next I’d be cramming in the overtime at work!

I think you will get a 25 eventually.

My SLW class 24's look at home on my North Wales layout under construction. Although they had all been withdrawn by 1986/7 that I am modelling however the last of the 25's where still soldiering on. Class 25's please Philip.

post-7968-0-02231400-1509896205_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

*Credit card goes into hiding!* In all seriousness excellent news - I have honoured my expression of interest and turned it into a pre-order. 24s are outside my time frame really but who could resist?! 

Updated voting results for everyone else as well: 

Cheers,

Bruce 

post-7036-0-62883600-1510063642.jpg

Edited by D400
  • Like 4

*Credit card goes into hiding!* In all seriousness excellent news - I have honoured my expression of interest and turned it into a pre-order. 24s are outside my time frame really but who could resist?! 

Updated voting results for everyone else as well: 

Cheers,

Bruce

Oh dear....another one on the credit card..... now looking at the numbers of votes of the remaining locos, if you dropped the two least popular ones and redistributed their votes amongst the 5 remaining ones, then those 5 are within touching distance of going ahead...

I suspect it was always going to be the case that the RTC version would be a popular choice. It will certainly be a colourful version for Phil on the stand at shows as well.

Dropping the lower interest ones won't necessarily mean those votes go to others to get them over the line though. It has proven that SLW's voting idea has worked rather well with one successful, 2 over 70% and the rest either over 60% or under 40%

Guest Midland Mole

I'm not surprised the RTC livery won, and it should look amazing when done. Personally I was hoping for one of the headcode box versions, which maybe we will get one day. :)

Alex

Is it possible to place an order if you don't get an email?

Did you vote? The model is being offered to those who did (even if you didn't actually vote for 97201) first until the 24th. Un-allocated models will then be available to order from that date. 

Bruce 

I'm not surprised the RTC livery won, and it should look amazing when done. Personally I was hoping for one of the headcode box versions, which maybe we will get one day. :)

Alex

Listing for the other 7 models still open and a new No2 a  two tone green with small yellow panels, standing at 75%  the Blue Headbox is next at 74%

Did you vote? The model is being offered to those who did (even if you didn't actually vote for 97201) first until the 24th. Un-allocated models will then be available to order from that date. 

Bruce 

After the 24th November open to general public at a" new higher price" to reflect in the Ist instance reward to those who were interested in the vote and past customers

Mmm, one off colourful freak livery wins first place.  Are modellers just obsessed with celebrities?  I'd like to get a SLW 24 someday but in normal, more useful liveries rather than the railway equivalent of "Hello!" magazine pap-bait.

Still if the celebrity follower purchases help fund more useful subjects then that won't be so bad.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mmm, one off colourful freak livery wins first place.  Are modellers just obsessed with celebrities?  I'd like to get a SLW 24 someday but in normal, more useful liveries rather than the railway equivalent of "Hello!" magazine pap-bait.

Still if the celebrity follower purchases help fund more useful subjects then that won't be so bad.

If I backdate my layout, such a celebrity is an essential..........

Cheers,

Mick

I'd like to get a SLW 24 someday but in normal, more useful liveries rather than the railway equivalent of "Hello!" magazine pap-bait.

Like Blue & Green? Some still available what's stopping you getting one in a normal useful livery? 

What's more useful? Given the era i model the RTC one is the only one i can have. I think its each to their own

• RMweb Gold

Actually, I think you will find it is about number 9, following on from quite  a few "more useful" liveries that were issued before the vote.

I voted for it, but already have all the blue 24s SLW have issued.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Mmm, one off colourful freak livery wins first place.  Are modellers just obsessed with celebrities?

No, just unusual.

The best selling K’s kit was for the LMS Beyer, Garrett. How many layouts have a breakdown crane? How many layouts are awash with, say, multiples of 5-plank opens?

And has been pointed out, the RTC version is useful for those modelling a certain era, and the prototype got around a bit, too.

F isn't looking likely so that leaves me a dilemma. Either get my RTC repainted Green, or hope someone who voted has changed their mind and try to pick up a second one on the 24th.

RTC livery is correct for my era and location, just need the rest of the trib train.

• RMweb Gold

F isn't looking likely so that leaves me a dilemma. Either get my RTC repainted Green, or hope someone who voted has changed their mind and try to pick up a second one on the 24th.

RTC livery is correct for my era and location, just need the rest of the trib train.

D5017 no good for you? I assume you want a later style.

Roy