Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

23 hours ago, brittannia said:

It would appear that more than 97201 maybe  in the pipeline as I have ordered 3 different Locos , Including 97201, my others being one of the Scottish Locos and a later green model, although I have a feeling my order of 97201 may have been duplicated as I have been charged £268 for each of the 3 , whereas I was under the impression  the "Scottish locos" were a little more expensive .I will have to get in touch with SLW tomorrow.

SLW are aware that some payments have been duplicated and are in the process of correcting the overcharge and only 97201 is due to be sent.

I only noticed now so have emailed them, I should have one experiment on order but the pending charge on my card was near 4 figures! Will give it a day or two before I bother them again if they're aware

20 hours ago, newbryford said:

There may be one at Hazel Grove Exhibition this weekend....................

;)

Look forward to seeing it (and maybe taking a sneaky peek at layout's the control panel?)

22 hours ago, girlinb said:

Feeling left out LOL - no payment taken yet

Same here and I gave them new card details earlier in the year; as their is nothing on the web site I presume they are working through the orders and a delay would be useful given some hefty car related credit card use about to appear on a statement

• RMweb Premium

*breaks cover*

EDIT:

Photos removed.

The one I have was delivered ahead of the main batch as a favour by Phil. It might be on show this weekend at Hazel Grove.

Since the pics were posted, their (SLW) phones have gone mad, so the pictures have been removed at their request.

The more folks that ring up, the more your order is delayed.

Please do not ring SLW asking where yours is - there's only 2 of them there and they will post them as best they can.

I might post pics at the weekend.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, newbryford said:

The more folks that ring up, the more your order is delayed.

Please do not ring SLW asking where yours is - there's only 2 of them there and they will post them as best they can.

<Not entirely serious>

I wish they would put anyone who rings up to the back of the queue as punishment.

• Funny 1

On 21/10/2019 at 19:30, brittannia said:

It would appear that more than 97201 maybe  in the pipeline as I have ordered 3 different Locos , Including 97201, my others being one of the Scottish Locos and a later green model, although I have a feeling my order of 97201 may have been duplicated as I have been charged £268 for each of the 3 , whereas I was under the impression  the "Scottish locos" were a little more expensive .I will have to get in touch with SLW tomorrow.

SLW are aware that some payments have been duplicated and are in the process of correcting the overcharge and only 97201 is due to be sent.

I spoke to Phil yesterday because I too had multi-payments showing in the "pending" section of my Credit Card, and I've only ordered 1 model. I assume they'd had trouble taking it (I had only ordered one) and wanted to check that it had gone through correctly. It had, they've just had some problems with there system which means it made multiple requests, but only 1 will actually be authorised they rest should not progress beyond the "pending" section. 

Bruce 

Anyone want a peek? 

Please refrain from phoning SLW, if you have ordered your loco will be on the way soon. The more that people phone the longer it will take for the locos to be packed and dispatched.

EDIT:  If you have ordered this model, but have NOT been charged yet, this indicates we do not have your current payment details. E-mail reminders have now been sent and calls or messages left. We would urge you to contact us on 01780 470086 with any updated details (such as expiry date etc). Your reserved models are ready and waiting!

slw1.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 1

Posted on the SLW Facebook page.

EXPERIMENT DISPATCHED VIA ROYAL MAIL

Customers will be pleased to know that our model of Class 24 No. 97201 EXPERIMENT has now arrived in stock and dispatch has taken place. Locomotives should start arriving with you over the next few days...

If you have ordered this model, but have NOT been charged yet, this indicates we do not have your current payment details. E-mail reminders have now been sent and calls or messages left. We would urge you to contact us on 01780 470086 with any updated details (such as expiry date etc). Your reserved models are ready and waiting!

EXPERIMENT has been extremely popular but we still have some availability should you have missed the pre-publicity and wish to purchase now. We confidently predict they won't be around for too long...

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, big jim said:

Out of interest how much is 97201?

quite fancy getting one if I can afford it but don’t want to waste SLWs time if it’s beyond my budget 

Various options available.

https://sulzertype2.co.uk/placing-an-order/

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Wow!! This is not really my thing, but on the basis it is an absolutely stunning model and I always had a soft spot for the red/blue research livery I have just ordered one under "rule 1". I have to hand it to SLW, they have done a spectacular job and in todays market the price is not unreasonable, well done them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Wow!! This is not really my thing, but on the basis it is an absolutely stunning model and I always had a soft spot for the red/blue research livery I have just ordered one under "rule 1". I have to hand it to SLW, they have done a spectacular job and in todays market the price is not unreasonable, well done them.

Oh dear, you are on that slippery slope now. That is how my first one arrived. I now have three, 97201 on the way to me now and another two on order.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely awesome - I can't wait for mine.

Speaking of which, whilst on the phone, (updating my bank details yesterday), I accidently ordered a Scottish rodent as well

Kev.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1