Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

3 hours ago, Ryan91 said:

Ordered the 2-tone green D5040 a while ago and today my card has been issued. 

So I suppose it can't take long anymore before it'll be send out :D

My card also charged today for 5040, would imagine will probably come within a few days, if 97201 was an indication .

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:48, tractor_37260 said:

You may ?  find that a Lokpilot V4 does not have enough function outputs to give full control of all the lighting options available.  The earlier sound fitted versions came fitted with Zimo decoders that allowed full control of the fitted lighting options, I assume this is still the case with the latest batch of models. 

HTH

According to the manual "LokPilot decoders with PluX22 interface have all in all 6 power outputs" while function outputs are listed as

Head light (Config. 1), Head light (Config. 2), Rear light (Config. 1), Rear light (Config. 2), AUX1 (Config. 1), AUX1 (Config. 2), AUX2 Config. 2 (twice presumably the first is Config.1), AUX3, to AUX10 with each having a "Mode Select CV", a "Switching On-Off delay",  an "Automatic switch-off",a  "Brightness CV", and two sets of special function CVs which in all occupy CVs 259 to 384.

GREEN SANDWICH DELIVERY SCHEDULED

We are preparing to dispatch the first of our two-tone green locomotives (Ipswich-based D5040) at the end of this week and are therefore processing payments. See our updated cover image. As is to be expected, we have several details that are now out of date as we worked through all the orders. If you have reserved this model and your card has NOT yet been charged then that means you are in this situation. We will be e-mailing reminders tonight/tomorrow. Please contact us on 01780 470086 as soon as possible between 09.00 and 19.00 with updated payment details. This will avoid any delay to your model. Let us also know of any recent change of address, e-mails, contact number, etc. You are in for a nice mid-1960s surprise... hopefully landing on Saturday. Please do not ring otherwise during this busy period as it will only cause more delay since we are a small team. Thank you!

D5053 is to follow as soon as D5040 has been sent out…

D5040rgb1200_1.jpg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sorry for intruding the party and not going through 87 pages of posts but if I order a vanilla version, how easy a task is it to retro fit sound / super cap please ?

For the Kernow Southern triplets it's just a case of fitting the chip as the speaker is installed regardless of which configuration you order.

Thanks

Pretty straightforward. SLW will sell a retro fitting kit including decoder, speakers and if you wish the supercap, all configured to work correctly straight away.

Then,

Remove blanking plate, fit the custom ZIMO MX645P22 decoder. Push-fit the speakers into the built-in enclosures and connect the speaker plugs into their sockets on the PCB. Remove the built-in electrolytic capacitors and solder the supercap in their place.

I'll repeat the warning I gave much earlier in this thread.

Only a specially customised for SLW version of the ZIMO MX645P22 decoder will operate all the lighting functions on this model as supplied. This is because they have been built especially for this model and have an extra Function Output which is used by the model.

No other decoder will operate all the lights correctly without changing the wiring inside the model.

Best regards,

Paul

• Informative/Useful 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received my new loco after the first one arrived with quite some damage.

Jamie directly sent me a new one even before I sent the broken one back.

Many compliments to their wonderful loco and excellent service! ^_^

20191128-211027.jpg

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

My 24009 is here but handed over to the wife unopened as it is my Christmas present. Looking forward to it :-)

Roy

Dont forget to act all surprised in 11 days when you open the package.

I reckon if I give my wife some presents to give to me in 12 months I will have completely forgotten about them such is my memory.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Dont forget to act all surprised in 11 days when you open the package.

I reckon if I give my wife some presents to give to me in 12 months I will have completely forgotten about them such is my memory.

My parents brought some stuff back from the US that we had got delivered to my Brothers. We were going through the stuff and found a Disney musical thing that neither of us knew anything about.

Turns out I bought it about 3 months ago for my wife for Christmas. Ooops - was more of a surprise for me than her!

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, meurglysIII said:

Just arrived....

F7C803D5-0A7B-4996-8E3A-A589F534694E.jpeg

171581E1-DBB4-42A2-9D67-729CD2A20012.jpeg

5071685E-E67A-443D-B2B6-0D7DF5FCC105.jpeg

5DEA3330-639B-403E-BBBC-0A6DCF143149.jpeg

Wow really looks impressive.  As previously mentioned above, it's rather odd that the brackets above the tail lights have been missed, unless of course they are present on the No 2 end ?  Photos of 24 009 are quite difficult to find, maybe it only had the extra brackets at one end ?  

24009, 24147, Carstairs. [SC-068]

Edited by tractor_37260