Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is the 24/1 will be later in the year. I'm thinking we'll see a ScR centred headcode disc loco like 24073, since we know the tooling for that exists already, and a headlight fitted loco, since there's provision for that on the circuit board.

Just my groundless suspicion based on more or less nothing.

Having said all that I'm off to sell some gear on eBay just in case I need to fund a model of 24133 and 24082.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the BIG hint actually meant bigger as in 'O' gauge... After all, the majority of the hard work has already been completed with the 4mm one.

Ready to run 7mm scale Class 24 to the same standard? Now that might be tasty?

We are members of the same club and Phil has always been very interested in 7mm modelling. He was at Warley with our group's O gauge layout, and he runs diesels at the club. I know he is a regular Telford show visitor so who knows what he is up to...

• Like 2

Dissappointed it's neither a headcode box variant, or one with the discs centered on the centre doors, or in Blue with full under frame tanks......................next lot maybe................. ?

Yes but Phil did say there would be "something with a Scottish flavour" .........