Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

31's and 40's aren't Sulzers.........................

Apart from the name of the website set up for the class 24 models, what makes you think slw will only produce models of locomotives with sulzer engines?

The company name is Sutton Locomotive Works, not Sulzer Loco Works.

I don't recall Phil Sutton saying anywhere he was only interested in sulzer loco's.

Edited by The Ghost of IKB

Apart from the name of the website set up for the class 24 models, what makes you think slw will only produce models of locomotives with sulzer engines?

The company name is Sutton Locomotive Works, not Sulzer Loco Works.

I don't recall Phil Sutton saying anywhere he was only interested in sulzer loco's.

I did wonder about that, myself. Does it mean Phil will set up another website if he does, say, and English Electric type?

While I'm a big slw fan, i have 3 of them and now toying with the idea of a 4th, i think it's time for me to ignore this thread. The first mention of "slw should make a class 25 soon" was on 29th november 2015. Since then every time i see a new post here i've hurried over here to see if there's any news, always to be disappointed. Not helped by vague hints from slw that something big is coming, or deadlines are being met or christmas cards with pictures of locomotives on that aren't for sale. The worst let down being the photo on the facebook page of an slw 25, only to read it's a conversion.

No my nerves cant take anymore of these false dawns. I'm off for a lie down.

Production of new locos is in inverse proportion to forum conjecture.

SLW direct-proportion-symbol.pngTHIS THREAD

OK, apart from being sarky, here is a link to the lovely Halifax Powell Street by BurscoughCurves which really shows a SLW Class 24 in a realistic environment.
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94960-west-riding-terminus-halifax-powell-street/page-11&do=findComment&comment=2953316
Jamie

Edited by Jamiel

While I'm a big slw fan, i have 3 of them and now toying with the idea of a 4th, i think it's time for me to ignore this thread. The first mention of "slw should make a class 25 soon" was on 29th november 2015. Since then every time i see a new post here i've hurried over here to see if there's any news, always to be disappointed.

Goes for a lot of threads - ideally they ought to split up into news, comments on released models and speculation (for example) but I suspect the mods would implode with the workload. Maybe in the future a solution, depending obviously on forum software, could be a requirement to tag every posting with one from a range of tags which then sort the posting into sub categories within the thread

Although Heljan have flooded the market....it's got to be a class 47, having said that the class 31 is a good call. The problem they have is the moment any of the big manufacture get a whisper of what they're planning a new updated model will be announced that won't appear for years.

Confused.com ? Heljan never made an OO 31 ? That’s what I meant. I do t think the Heljan 47 in OO would be any competition, maybe the bachy one might be though

More like F666..

Nah, it’s F@#k.......

Great news to hear another model being produced, i’d Just about given up hope for the C and H options.... both are now in touching distance, shame it’s taken nearly a year to get to this point.... hopefully in the near future i’ll Get the invitation to contact them and pass on my credit card details...lol...

• RMweb Premium

Model Rail 246, P.27 - Full Page SLW Ad:

Cat. No. 2408 - D5082 BR Green, with small yellow panel

Cat. No. 2406 - 97 201 Experiment BR Rail Research Department.

Cat. No. 2407 - D5040 BR two-tone green with small yellow panels.

Expected late summer.

Time to save up.

Still available D5017 Early BR green, 24091 BR Blue.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The liveries are approved for production, with limited runs; what the 87% represents is those from the particular production run which have been pre-sold. It is not a vote, that was done a while ago to see what interest there was in which liveries. Give SLW  a ring and book your preference.

Edited on account of gloopy triping!

Edited by Francis deWeck

• RMweb Gold

The liveries are approved for production, with limited runs; what the 87% represents is those from the particular production run which have been pre-sold. It is not a vote, that was done a while ago to see what interest there was in which liveries. Give SLW  a ring and book your preference.

Edited on account of gloopy triping!

I'm pretty sure this is not the case.

I want "F" - the green FYE Tops machines. I have "voted for it" but I can not buy it.

I also "voted" for "D" at the same time - 97201. 97201 was the first to reach %100 and when it did, I ordered it. Now, and here's the thing, 97201 is still available for purchase - at least that is what the Email from Jamie to my said dated Fri the 16th of March.

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

From the SLW Facebook page, 24 009, with Glasgow works plated end now approved for production.

This could well be my third SLW 24, I saw the prototype in the late 1970s pottering around at Waverley whilst waiting for the Merrimaker excursion to take us home to Bristol.

Neil

• Like 2

From the SLW Facebook page, 24 009, with Glasgow works plated end now approved for production.

This could well be my third SLW 24, I saw the prototype in the late 1970s pottering around at Waverley whilst waiting for the Merrimaker excursion to take us home to Bristol.

Neil

Finally - great news -  hopefully the box headcode 24/1 won't be that far behind..............

Here's the real thing at carstairs at the end of its life,  11th April 1977.

attachicon.gifSC-068. 24009, 24147, Carstairs..jpg

Paul J.

The classmate alongside 24009 looks (from the sideswipe cab damage) suspiciously like 24147; one of the locos which gained the headcode box "wings" which I mentioned in an earlier posting.

Kevin

Edited by apollo 079
  • Like 1