Heljan DPU 128

I recently purchased a class 128 from Hattons and installed a Lenz Silver Plus decoder. However after a few circuits of my layout it just grinds to a halt. The lights on the model remain on but it just does not budge. However if I turn off the power and then turn it back on the model will move. Any advice will be gratefully received.

• RMweb Premium

That's an odd one, not sure what could cause it but the DCC experts might see your question quicker of you move it to the DCC section of the forum ;-) 

Some random and possibly unhelpful thoughts off the top of my head, apologies if they're obvious:

Did you run the model on DC before you fitted the decoder?  Have you tried swapping it for a different decoder (even one of the same type)?  I spent ages recently trying to work out what I'd done wrong when fitting a decoder, it turned out I'd accidentally mixed up a faulty one I'd kept to use for a lighting-only application, and the new one I was intending to fit.  Does it just stop immediately or slow down gradually as if you'd set the decoder to automatically brake?

Archived