Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Bob Heath (Robert on YMR)

martin_wynne

• RMweb Gold

Sad news today that Bob Heath has died. I had a lot of contact with Bob when he was setting up his Your Model Railway forum and wanted help with the page design.

http://yourmodelrailway.net

I never met him, but he was the gentlest person to deal with. His YMR forum meant a lot to him, he regarded it as a big family of friends. He spent many hours on there, indexing the content and compiling page after page of model railway information and links. It was a sad day for him when poor health forced him to hand it on. RIP Bob.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

A true gentleman.  Very sad news indeed.

I knew that he hadn't been in the best of health for a long time.

Thank you for letting us know Martin.

R.I.P. Bob.

Sad news indeed, Martin.  Your Model Railway was a very gentle place to talk about model railways as everyone respected Bob and what he had put together.  As BoD said, he was a true gentleman and one who will be missed.

R.I.P Bob.  It was a pleasure knowing you...

• RMweb Gold

Your Model Railway forum shares the same web hosting provider as the Templot web site -- Jim Hale in Columbus, Ohio. (Also at one time RMweb.)

Jim has just posted this on his own customer forum, showing the wide regard for Bob from everyone who knew him:   

"Bob of the original yourmodelrailway evidently passed away at the end of last week. He was one of the more mellow fellows I had the opportunity to do business with, we wrote the real phpBB converter for him. He will be missed."

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Bob Heath, founder of the online club Your Model Railway passed away last week, the club's membership has been advised today.

Most of the site is open-access and therefore many members here may be aware of its existence and substantial knowledge bank.  Some of us will be members of both places.

Bob had suffered from cancer and beaten it twice only to then suffer from severe breathing difficulties in recent years.  While he was very unwell his passing is described as sudden and unexpected and he was "out and about" earlier in the day.  

YMR - now Your Model Railway Club - continues and has been under different ownership in recent years after Bob himself determined he could no longer maintain it as he wished due to his health.

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=14002&forum_id=35

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rick, I have sent Andy Y a PM about this as well.   Bob's forums , both Barchester & YMR, have been the catalyst for making many new friends, virtual & physical.

As no-one else had mentioned this and Petermac, who had the invidious task of notifying the membership, will be asleep I did so in the hope that no offence would be taken and have sent Peter a PM via the YMR site.

Archived