GWR Railcar bogie sideframes.

5Bel

Hi All,

I am getting near the end of building a 7mm BR Models GWR Razor Egde Railcar and as the kit was supplied to me without any bogie parts I was wondering if anyone knows of any off the shelf bogie sideframes. I have searched on the web but found nothing.

Thanks in advance, Ian.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Are you intending to re-release some of the steam outline kits. I have the resin boilers from the Rebuilt West Country and the Black 5 and they are pretty good.

Thanks again, Ian.

• 1 year later...

Came across this thread when looking for GWR AEC Railcar Bogie Side frames (7mm).

Any advance on a product being available ?

Zebedee.

post-1675-0-51622000-1489875093_thumb.jpg

Totally forgot with things going on. Cast this up today.

Not sure what a couple of bits are (that's if they belong to the AEC railcar) ie the rectangular bit next to the vents for a start

Michael

Hi Mike,

Those rectangular bits are the front lights either side of the main head light. You can see them on the model I built.

post-7006-0-75682400-1489928159_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers for now, Ian

Hi Mike,

Those rectangular bits are the front lights either side of the main head light. You can see them on the model I built.

attachicon.gifDSCF4693.JPG

Hope this helps.

Cheers for now, Ian

Thanks, I should of looked at pics of one first :O The step belongs to class 40 along with axleboxes

Michael

Mike, so far, so good.  The non powered bogie sides are certainly good enough to avoid the need for scratch building the main bulk of the bogie sides.

Send us a PM when you're willing to take this further.

Archived