ELTEL

I think the following can be taken as definitive evidence of global warming.

For this weekend's show there will be no snow, no frost, no rain, a gentle breeze of three on the Beaufort scale, temperatures of 7-8 degrees Celsius. In the traffic report there will be less cones on the M6 and no roadworks between the M6 and the Showground.

It just doesn't feel right somehow.

The cones melted?

• RMweb Premium

For this weekend's show there will be no snow, no frost, no rain, a gentle breeze of three on the Beaufort scale, temperatures of 7-8 degrees Celsius. In the traffic report there will be less cones on the M6 and no roadworks between the M6 and the Showground.

Oh dear... If no one comes there won't be any excuses.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

There's still time ;)

• RMweb Premium

There's still time ;)

I'm still deciding whether to go depending on finding a trader that has a 3.72mm splick valve with turbo override for a 7.5mm/foot 0-3-0 Menck diesel monorail from the Trumpton, Chigley & Camberwick Green Joint Railway....................

If no-one has one, then there will be one vehicle less to clog up the M6 on Saturday.

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

But will there be mud in the car park ?

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

But will there be mud in the car park ?

Adrian

Is the pope Catholic ?

Reverse onto the grass leaving your driving wheels (sorry, I had presumed it was front wheel drive) on the Tarmac.

Drop the good lady off first so she doesn't have to squelch through the sodden grass.

You can't imagine the mess that people get themselves into and sadly the mess the poor SRC member gets into trying to get them out... You've got to know when to push and when to duck...!

Andy

We're still going by train.

• RMweb Premium

The Showground have all ready roped a couple of the worst areas

But follow wagonbashers tip and you should be fine.

If your not sure park your car in Stafford and take the preserved bus service that runs from the railway station on both days.

See www.staffordrailwaycurcle.org.uk for bus timetable on the exhibition page.

• RMweb Gold

I'm still deciding whether to go depending on finding a trader that has a 3.72mm splick valve with turbo override for a 7.5mm/foot 0-3-0 Menck diesel monorail from the Trumpton, Chigley & Camberwick Green Joint Railway....................

If no-one has one, then there will be one vehicle less to clog up the M6 on Saturday. :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Ive got one of those in my stock box, i'll meet you at the show on saturday to hand it over

(There 2 extra cars now)

Cant actually decide which day to go yet, saturday before work or sunday after it, only thing with that is i'd be at the show ground for 08:30 (unless i stop for some breakfast first)

• RMweb Premium

The Showground have all ready roped a couple of the worst areas

But follow wagonbashers tip and you should be fine.

If your not sure park your car in Stafford and take the preserved bus service that runs from the railway station on both days.

See www.staffordrailwaycurcle.org.uk for bus timetable on the exhibition page.

If parking in town, remember that supermarket car parks are camera controlled and you will get a ticket if you park for longer than the permitted time.

• RMweb Premium

Do Sainsburys still have the all day parking ?

Last time used it I think it was £3 per day or thereabouts (cheaper than the railway station on a weekday) as I remember

I think also Railway Station parking is cheaper at the weekend

Hope it helps

Terry

Ahem! fewer cones on the M6. See Mr Wright for "treatment" immediately...

Ahem! fewer cones on the M6. See Mr Wright for "treatment" immediately...

That implies they could be counted. Undoubtedly there may be a numerical value which could be applied but it's a largely theoretical value as the local observations are that they may be quantified as 'a sh*tload of cones' and thus may be considered to be a singular entity. ;)

• RMweb Premium

That implies they could be counted. Undoubtedly there may be a numerical value which could be applied but it's a largely theoretical value as the local observations are that they may be quantified as 'a sh*tload of cones' and thus may be considered to be a singular entity. ;)

Counting - Sounds like a job for John Wardle !

Counting - Sounds like a job for John Wardle !

There are those who could do far more than just count them. We could hear about whether they were A. B or C cones, what the angle was, whether they were straight or curved at particular places, how many bolts (yes, I know that's not strictly applicable to cones) and indeed whether they have the embarassing affliction of loose heels......yawn...

Sorry, I'll b*g off now.

• RMweb Premium

If no-one has one, then there will be one vehicle less to clog up the M6 on Saturday. :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

NOW BACK IN STOCK ON CLUB STAND ONLY AVAILABLE IN NETWORK RAIL YELLOW

• RMweb Premium

I think all visitors should understand what's happening..

Stafford has been under siege for over a year by the massed forces of the United services.

In general through the use of massive siege machines, a network of trenches and palisade fencing.

The United Nations have negotiated a cease fire for the exhibition weekend

Don't get too comfortable.. The cease fire is unlikely to hold. There is still some guerrilla warfare at large. They attack at night!

Last week at Brocton, 5 miles South of Stafford an overnight raid installed 2 sets of traffic lights, 12 cones, no hole, no van, no bloke and a mile que either way.

The problem is that he's taken too much on!!!!!

That is the bloke that works on Staffords roads, he hasn't finished on the M6 yet.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Alstone Quay - All tested and packed in the clubroom ready for the short journey to the Showground

Also in the clubroom having final adjustments the new enlarged Crimson Road - Pete Griffiths

The three club layouts Hogsmeade for the younger members to operate is ready as is Stackton Trestle after some minor scenic updates.

The clubs new EM layout and stock has been donated by the late Fred Stilton family and is making its exhibition debut.

The layout in question is based on Freshwater IOW

The layout built by Fred was built to run in his workshop at the bottom of the garden.

Since its arrival at the club a lot of work has been carried out by a small group of SRC members to make it suitable for exhibiting.

We really hope that Fred would approved.

A suitable plaque will be placed on the layout.

Terry

Archived