Triang purchase

sagaguy

Those EM1s look like cracking models for their time. Highly collectable though, for a decent one I doubt you would pay much less than you would for the £165 Heljan ones.

You`re not wrong there,Trix EM1s hold more than a bit of nostalgia for me.I bought my first one in 1959 for the princely sum of £2.10 shillings,£2.50 in todays money soon after i first started work after leaving school.Like an idiot,i sold it in the late 1970s & regretted it ever since.They run very nicely on Hornby Dublo 3 rail track,you could run 2 trains independently in true TTR style if you fit catenary.

Nostalgia is very expensive,

Ray.

Those EM1s look like cracking models for their time. Highly collectable though, for a decent one I doubt you would pay much less than you would for the £165 Heljan ones.

I have a Heljan version but they need Judith Edge pantographs to work OHLE.Why Heljan didn`t fit a non tipping pantograph is beyond me!!!.

Ray.

Those EM1s look like cracking models for their time. Highly collectable though, for a decent one I doubt you would pay much less than you would for the

Don`t know what went wrong,my reply didn`t appear & part of Nathans post has disappeared.The one on the right came with Trix woodhead catenary equipment.They run on Hornby Dublo 3 rail track& if you fit the catenary,you could run two trains in true TTR style.

Ray.

Archived