Absolute Aspects, announce a new range,today.

David Todd

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Received my first Absolute Aspects signal today, just a simple two-aspects stop signal and it is an absolute work of art. I have seen them reviewed in magazines before but the photos still don't do them justice.

I will be back for more, that is for certain.

Roy

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

As Facebook is down at the moment I will add in what the announcement said in brief. 

2mm / n gauge signals are being reintroduced to the range from the 1st December. 

• Agree 1

• 10 months later...

Just after a bit of info on Absolute Aspects from our members.

I’ve tried contacting them twice recently (via their website) to get an answer on a query and then follow up with an order but so far I’ve not received a reply to either email.

I appreciate the owner has a full time job on the railways and know all to well how that can lead to constraints on ‘free time’. If I remember correctly the business was for sale recently, does anyone know if they are still taking orders or (barring a phone call) an alternative way of making contact?

Regards.

• RMweb Premium

I understand that the business has been sold by Matt, but I don’t know what that means for continuity. I’d expect a turbulent period before things settle down, but maybe a phone call is the answer here… 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi,

I spoke with the new owner, an industry acquaintance, at DEMU showcase. They are very knowledgeable on Signalling, I didn’t know they were buying the business, but is probably the best person for the job.

He wants to keep everything as consistent with Matt as possible so that people don’t get worried.

He intends on maintaining the prices (obviously subject to how much costs rise in other areas).

The actual modelling is being done by a professional modeller (I know that, I didn’t investigate further) rather than the new owner themselves, which should reduce the lead times.

We also discussed some possible future developments, but we’ll see what happens!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1