DCC decoders, sound etc?

Ruston

Morning all,

My Minerva peckett arrived in the post last week. I have no railway to run it on at the moment, so I opened the box, looked at it and put it away.

I'm wondering what normal decoder is required to make it run and whether or not there is a suitable sound decoder available anywhere?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

EDM models will have a custom sound project for the Peckett in an installation kit that includes speaker and keep alive. It is unlikely to be ready until just in to the New Year. We are just finalising the sound project now we have our hands on a production model and our initial priority will be the 70 locos ordered with sound installs before we get to kit for user installs

Paul Martin, EDM Models

• 2 months later...

It's on my website www.ngtrains.com. click the ZIMO link

All the hard work is done for you. It's plug and play and fitted in about 15mins

I fitted one today. It's a straightforward job and temporarily hoisting the stay-alive wire with a loop of spare wire through the dome aperture to avoid snagging while refitting the chassis to the superstructure is a very helpful tip.

It's on my website www.ngtrains.com. click the ZIMO link

All the hard work is done for you. It's plug and play and fitted in about 15mins

I have sent you a message about this. It's been in your inbox for several days but is showing as unread. Can you please take a look?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from the York Show with a Peckett fitted with EDM sound - both  the model and the sound profile are most excellent.

Many thanks to both Minerva and EDM.

I think my planned O-gauge layout will be taking on a more industrial theme!

I have just returned from the York Show with a Peckett fitted with EDM sound - both  the model and the sound profile are most excellent.

Many thanks to both Minerva and EDM.

I think my planned O-gauge layout will be taking on a more industrial theme!

And why not indeed? One can never have too many industrial locos. Thanks for the compliment about our Peckett.

I have now fitted my Peckett with sound using a Zimo decoder with Peckett sounds, a keep alive and a sugar cube speaker, all from digitrains.co.uk. I have never done anything with sound before but Jeremy at Digitrains was very helpful and explained it so that even I was able to wire and fit it in about 15 mins.

Archived