Railway & Modelling Obituaries

John Coulter

Long Line

It is with a heavy heart that i announce that John Coulter, passed away this Friday morning.

John was active right up to the end, stewarding at the 2015 Warley NEC show by powered chariot.. despite periods of fatigue and some jovial rebukes for 'towing cargo with a powered scooter'...modeller, exhibitor, railway enthusiast, Cambrian Railway aficionado, and not forgetting professional railwaymen and signalmen John was an all round bloody nice guy... and there's too few of them today!

I felt truly fortunate to have known this man and called him friend.

My own Long Line Layouts development is due to his infectious enthusiasm for prototype railway operation..in his loss me and a great many others  have lost a friend and great  source of inspiration, information and the collegiate spirit and the boundless enthusiasm that comes from a true 'railwayman'..

The most fitting tribute and last word should be left to 'the bells' he loved so much:

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding - ding ding ding ding ding- ding ding ding ding ding

if you don't know it..work it out, then he taught you something too..

Mark

• RMweb Premium

The dreadful big C takes away a friend who I have known for many years.

A very good modeller in S Gauge, John was good to be with and we enjoyed the odd beer or three.

Goodbye mate, hopefully you are now operating the biggest signal box in the sky.

Baz

I was Iucky to know John through S scaIe modeIIing and the organization of the York show.

John was so enthusiastic about aII that he did and I was Iucky to share a beer or three with him during the York Easter weekend. I was aIso Iucky enough to operate his Iayout on more than one occasion. He aIso had a wicked sense of humour. We wouId frequentIy meet up at our point of mutuaI inconvienience, Porthmadog.

RIP John, I was Iucky to know you 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We attended Johns funeral today. I meant to add this picture before but  had problems downloading it.

post-7650-0-82815800-1452028608_thumb.jpg

It is a shot we will remember John by - having a pint of Timothy Taylors Ram Tam in Arcadia while attending a Leeds MRS exhibition. Just hope the bar John is at now has plenty of Ram Tam!

Baz

Archived