A working from Knowsley Freight Terminal to Wilton FLT on Real Time Trains

Powerhaul 70 Pey

Are we  talking about the same working here I wonder because the web site showed it as cancelled today. Is it that its only running as far as Wigan Wallgate? 

if so, why only Wallgate and not the whole route?

Len

• RMweb Gold

Are we  talking about the same working here I wonder because the web site showed it as cancelled today. Is it that its only running as far as Wigan Wallgate? 

if so, why only Wallgate and not the whole route?

Len

It appears to be turning round at Wigan South Junction - just South of North Western station, so it doesn't get to Wallgate, hence it shows as a cancelled working. Today it reversed in NW. (running as 0Z70)

26/02/2016 04:00

Train Activated

Train ID - 180Z701526 (Masked ID 006B)

26/02/2016 09:55

Cancelled at WIGAN NORTH WESTERN (10:56) due to CANCEL REQ

(Train cancelled at Customer's request)

60066 was indeed on the route learner today.  I took a photo of it at Winwick Junction near Warrington today.  I have posted the photo on "The fall and rise of the 60's thread.  Here's the link.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/5294-the-fall-rise-of-the-60s-was-the-end-of-the-tugs/page-89

Nice pics. Goodness though, they are truly ugly locos those 66's aren't  they ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught me a bit by surprise this today as I have not checked if any trains have actually ran Wilton to Knowlsley for a few days but here is 66197 about to drop down to Wigan Wallgate Station on it's way to Knowlsley from Wilton.  I was on Wigan North Western Station and had I known it was coming I would have done the short walk from North Western to Wallgate.  Two rather hurried photos from the south end of platform 5.  Tempting to get photos from Wallgate, Orrell and Pemberton station in the future when it's a regular runner.

post-25512-0-34620300-1466186348_thumb.jpg

post-25512-0-53663100-1466186381_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This one would have been interesting, had it not been cancelled.... I'd love to see regular freight trains on the Haydock branch again. Used to be bitumen trains to Kelbit, the site is now Hanson aggregates.

Don't give up hope on this working just yet. I was at Hanson Ashton In Makerfield on Friday 16th december and the track from the sidings back to the triangle had been cleared of foliage. The last time i went (probably a month or two ago) the foliage was wildly out of control. I was told Hanson are hoping to bring in material by rail again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Today I was looking on Realtime trains to see if the Ravenhead sidings in St Helens to Arpley sidings train was running through Bryn in Wigan and found some extra freight working I havnt seen before. They look to be linked to the Hanson Shap to Hanson Ashton In Makerfield stone trains that have been in the system for ages and never ran. Maybe something could be about to start. . . . After all what would GBRF use all these extra class 56 and 60s on if there were not new flows to find traction for?

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BYN/2018/07/23/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=freight&order=actual

• 8 months later...