SCC - Sparkshot Custom Creations - 3D Printed Loco Kits etc Various Scales

I've just been looking at your broad gauge range and I'm sorely tempted to grab one or two when funds are next available. Have you any plans to release suitable tender prints for these kits? The only BG tenders that I have are the old Mike's Models 4 & 6 wheel white metal versions that came with my Fire Fly kits many years ago. Both are currently dismantled as I want to try and make some resin copies for future projects.

Do you have an estimate on the costs for say the Dido and Victoria types, with chassis, if bought direct from you? I'm hoping postage to Oz would be around the £15 - £20 mark but the way things are going lately it may be higher.

Dave R. 

• Like 2

Hello, I'll check postage but might be ok around £10, will have a goosey.

As Photon prints the loco bodies are between £39 and £46.  I'm still working on a new updated catalogue but if you email me at sparkshot082@gmail.com we can go into particulars there maybe.

There are two 6 wheeled tenders made but so far only Photon prints as they require a lot of rework to be Shapeways happy.

EDIT:  PM Sent

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tenders are available as Photon prints for £28 and £30 depending which size you get, Rover or Express etc.

Chassis are £15 although these will be Shapeways only soon.

Reason I haven't made these known yet is because I'd like to get the Shapeways ones done first and they require a lot more rework, especially where the leaf springs are concerned.  They need thickening up to pass their checks for example.

Also need to look at the rear corners of the body as someone said they should be slightly rounded.  Need to look into that.  For now though if that's an issue Mr File is your friend. :D

Posed with Victoria

6tRe3vd.jpg

Small Rover

Mh4casm.jpg

Bigger Express

uNZZ7RA.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Knuckles,

Your posting above has answered one of the questions in the PM that I sent to you. Now I have another one to add - do either of the tenders have the guards 'coffin seat' for earlier periods?

Dave R. 

• Like 1

Not made the coffin seats no.  Me and the client who commissioned the work did discuss it initially but all we had were some super fuzzy photographs of those areas so the idea was canned.

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What's happened to Shapeways?

It's the cheapest I've seen it, like...ever.

Good time to nab something, whether from my SCC outlet or an others.  Unsure how long it'll last for though, likely the exchange rate adjustment.

• Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, simon br blue said:

Hi,

The price is less because tax is not applied by shapeways.  UPS will ask for the tax payment before delivery.

And I guess UPS will charge a handling fee for collecting the tax so items from Shapeways will now probably be considerably higher following Brexit and no longer be viable :( .

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

has anyone acually done an orde snce VAT was removed from initial prices? Is it added on at invoice time?

My impression is that UPS and Shapeways are set up to take tax payments, and UPS won't ask for money on the door. That is the way it is meant to work, but then given the incompetance in the Bx transition, it would not surprise me if it does not go smoothly. I assume they already have a system to handle deliveries to places like Australia.

Note that all other companies will be going through this, so even if they don't supply directly, there will be costs added in somewhere in the chain. In particular smaller companies. Already a lot of companies have stopped supplying to UK customers. Hopefully that will be temporary.

Edited by rue_d_etropal
  • Like 1

VAT is not added at invoice time.  UPS ask for VAT payment online once they've received the invoice an charge £5.60 for doing so.  Plus if you're slow or not contactable they add extra charges.  So a £50 order at Shapeways has UPS add an additional £15.60.  A bargain at twice the prices. NOT

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Penrhos1920 said:

VAT is not added at invoice time.  UPS ask for VAT payment online once they've received the invoice an charge £5.60 for doing so.  Plus if you're slow or not contactable they add extra charges.  So a £50 order at Shapeways has UPS add an additional £15.60.  A bargain at twice the prices. NOT

And that will happen with everything. Anyone making stuff here in UK, will have same problems, with anything they import(materials), as well as extra paperwork for anything they export.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/01/2021 at 21:08, Knuckles said:

WTF.

So everyone who orders will now get stung before delivery?

Where have you been for the last four and a half years? A little thing called Brexit has happened and now everyone is surprised at the result.

Now, what was BJ promising back then? I can't remeber.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

Where have you been for the last four and a half years? A little thing called Brexit has happened and now everyone is surprised at the result.

Now, what was BJ promising back then? I can't remeber.

No 5hit

However, understanding every facet of every effect takes time to comprehend fully.  

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

No 5hit

However, understanding every facet of every effect takes time to comprehend fully.  

And believe me it takes more than one read through to understand any VAT Notice:blink:. I use them as bedtime reading, guaranteed to put me to sleep:rolleyes:. As a bookkeeper I have to know how it works and I do for inter company or business to business (it is something called reverse charge) but even then I don't know exactly how it will work for retail customers and I suspect a lot of businesses will make mistakes and charge the wrong amounts at the wrong point in the transactions. The one thing to look out for is double charging of VAT. One thing I did pick up from the guidance is that it is the destination country who charge there VAT rate and not the originator country. Ireland's VAT is 22% so things from Ireland should be a little cheaper now.

• Like 3

double charging is something I will look out for. I ordered a couple of items on 5th January, and invoice (and payment) includes VAT, somight get messy if UPS ask me for payment, and I will probably have to pay the shout very loudly afterwards.

It should be noted that the delivery charge includes VAT, and it will be interesting to se how that changes.

I was also under the impression(another thread on this forum) that the Netherlands had a rate of 21%, so was that the rate being added before?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rue_d_etropal said:

double charging is something I will look out for. I ordered a couple of items on 5th January, and invoice (and payment) includes VAT, somight get messy if UPS ask me for payment, and I will probably have to pay the shout very loudly afterwards.

It should be noted that the delivery charge includes VAT, and it will be interesting to se how that changes.

I was also under the impression(another thread on this forum) that the Netherlands had a rate of 21%, so was that the rate being added before?

As far as I know, before Brexit it would have been the Originating Countries VAT rate that was charged to all other EU countries. Whether  Shapeways always got it right is debatable. HMRC's VAT notices are a bit heavy reading and don't always make much sense. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2021 at 11:33, Penrhos1920 said:

Apologies in advance (I'm a bit thick!)

So do you basically have to pay an extra £5.60 on top of VAT to UPS 

Do Shapeways pass your contact information (i.e email) to UPS to allow them to contact you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Apologies in advance (I'm a bit thick!)

So do you basically have to pay an extra £5.60 on top of VAT to UPS 

Do Shapeways pass your contact information (i.e email) to UPS to allow them to contact you

Yep it's an extra charge and Shapeways don't need to pass your contact details to UPS as your address is on the parcel.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

.........Shapeways don't need to pass your contact details to UPS as your address is on the parcel.

I usually have stuff from shapeways delivered to my works address so that probably wouldn't work

On 17/01/2021 at 14:03, simonmcp said:

As far as I know, before Brexit it would have been the Originating Countries VAT rate that was charged to all other EU countries. Whether  Shapeways always got it right is debatable. HMRC's VAT notices are a bit heavy reading and don't always make much sense. 

I ordered a couple of items at start of month, and invoice from Shapeways was then still showing VATincluded, so hopefully I won't be charged again because I will be shouting very loudly at officials if I do! Not due till next week.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 6 months later...

Well, it's been WAY too long coming but finally got it done.  A basic 00 fixed chassis for the 812/652 class:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DPVNGJANL/812-652-class-00-chassis?optionId=219293136&li=shops

Will upload a EM and P4 one if anyone wants/needs it although for now just the 00 one.  Been so busy.

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 1