SCC - Sparkshot Custom Creations - 3D Printed Loco Kits etc Various Scales

I've kept this quiet and just got on with it, well they're ready now.

It's no secret I like to model the Railway Series/RWS as well as pre-Grouping locomotives so to that end here is something more freelance to my own interpretation.

May be suitable for non RWS engines too simply by painting them differently.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparkshotcustomcreationsscc?section=4mm+RWS+Green+Goblin&s=0

£34.89 plus postage from me directly for any body shell in 4mm, sparkshot082@gmail.com.

Also I drew up and 3D printed some coal staithes for my N gauge layout. :)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DVPVRN2J7/coal-staithes-n?optionId=104032804

£5 from me directly, Robox Print.

As to modelling I have a desk that looks a bombsite as I'm in the middle of building chassis for the Goblins so I'll have some more to show later of the physical variety.

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Working on Furness #20 as a new project, will have pics of it soon, in meant time though here's the other I'm working on...

Vo8ajZd.jpg

The modelling desk is also rather busy to say the least finishing previous designs, will have some nice pics and running vids to share eventually. 

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing a composite chassis in 1:32 scale for a Calecdonian 782 class pug with nickel silver plates and resin printed spacers and horn guides so far.  Here are the frames so far

Cal782Pug-047.jpg.f0ae0d5f3ea729bff1c14493ce21b8c2.jpg

...and a screen shot of the Fusion 360 drawing showing the firebox acting as another frame spacer.

Cal782Pug-060.jpg.af3964d095e291b2fbb48f82d0091ff1.jpg

There will be a motion plate and inside motion.

I'm also aiming to do something similar in S scale.

It's working well so far with the 1:32 chassis and the resin prints are coming out quite accurate.   I'm aiming to have brass axleboxes working directly in the hornguides.  The two spacers p[rinted so far have been printed directly on the printer's plate with no raft and supports - this to get a flat and square top to the parts.  Originally printing on supports gave some warpage and needed a lot of cleaning up.   The pickup method will be split axles with all metal wheels so insulated spacerxs are ideal.   Work is held up at the moment awaiting the delivery of an ABC gearbox and motor.

I use a Shuffle,  but it's pretty similar to the Photon so maybe I can butt in on this thread. :-)

Jim.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was really intrigued to see the 812 emerging as your next project, it opens up a whole host of Caley 0-6-0 options, as post-Jumbos there were a lot of similarities.  They did get some wee detail changes over the years and of course there the issue of the "washin'-hoose" equipment which I suspect will tax your ingenuity.  Good luck with progress, I'm sure you'll be well ahead of the Rails version!

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks.  Update stuff...

There will be 3 different smokeboxes and the 652 variant as well as the 812 body.

Bodies will be released 1st and then tender and chassis' for them.

Rivited versions might be done although currently unsure as rivets take a long time so maybe a later option.  Undecided.

The 812 body is almost done minus the backhead controls.   For this reason I'm not showing it yet!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Knuckles,

Very interested in the 812 but 2mm scale (there is always one!).

Would you be interested in providing prints of the back head separately? 

I've a couple of etched kits of earlier Caley Jumbos on the go that it would suit.

Thanks

Angus

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 18:58, Argos said:

Hi Knuckles,

Very interested in the 812 but 2mm scale (there is always one!).

Would you be interested in providing prints of the back head separately? 

I've a couple of etched kits of earlier Caley Jumbos on the go that it would suit.

Thanks

Angus

The Jumbo faceplate was a wee bit different (even in 2mm) being a very sparse affair, no spoked handwheels, the solid brass wheels operating the ejectors were on the spectacle plate. You'll be hacking off loads of Gavin's lovely detail.

Alan

Edited by Buhar
Name
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice indeed, I’ve just came across this, having not had much time to get on here lately, I was thinking of kitbashing a Hornby 700, as I have done to make a nbr j37 but, now I will have to get one of these when they are ready. Very good

a shot of my j37 made from a Hornby 700 below.

815505E8-4263-4538-B3E8-22884F247D6C.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...